Porsche 911 Cup car coming to rFactor 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slatanek, Aug 31, 2019.

1. slatanek

slatanek Registered

Isn't that great news first in the morning? The Flat6 mod never felt quite right to me, AMS Boxter being the best Cup car representation in simracing to date in my eyes, now seeing a official Cup car in rFactor 2 is fantastic news to me (physics and tyre model in rF2 are just unbeaten). Read: Cup car => new online system => Supercup for plebs - sign me up!

Any thoughts? Excitement? Favourite 911 Cup car in simracing?

pas74 and Obbzy_XR_ like this.
  2. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I'm personally do not like cup car. We already have a GT3R and RSR and after driving those cars the cup car will not entertain me besides it has got even less power and less aero.
    Liked the nordschleife though.
    Edit : If they could've added gt2RS clubsports or new 935 then we talking because turbo porsche are better IMO and rare.

McFlex, 2ndLastJedi and Danny Wilde like this.
  3. slatanek

slatanek Registered

Less aero is only a good thing in my eyes. I prefer cars that require finesse while driving where you can't count on downforce saving your ass. Concerning power it's not actually that different to the GT3 car in that regard. The 2018 GT3R was 500bhp and the cup car was 485bhp.

4. Taranta

Taranta Registered

In my opinion Flat6 is very good and, if I remember correctly, it represents the year 2013 or earlier. Therefore welcome to the Porsche Cup, probably 2018-9.

avenger82, mesfigas and MaD_King like this.
  5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I can only agree. The Flat6 is an older car, so a new up to spec cup car is very welcome and great company for the older car. I wasn't really all that hyped by the Senna and the Vantage GTE, but the cup car is a perfect addition again and should be good for some close racing.

Btw, the car is quite different from the GT3 R. No abs and tc with less aero will make it a handfull.

6. slatanek

slatanek Registered

That's exactly why I'm so pumped. GT3's are cool and all but they're still too "on-rails". I remember back in the day when iRacing had the Ruf Cup car - the racing was crazy good with this thing: close quarter, fender bashing, pedal-to-the-metal action. And because it's a spec series everybody knows what to expect concerning opponents breaking points, general on track behaviour etc. so it was way cleaner than GT3 races. But come to think of it everything is cleaner than a GT3 race ;)

hitm4k3r likes this.
  7. slatanek

slatanek Registered

I hear people say that a lot, but my opinion was always that it's due to lack of better content within rf2. I mean the AMS Boxter eats the Flat6 for breakfast! And I know it's a 2013 car, but then I would expect it to behave even more like a classic 911 - crazy off throttle oversteer and general looseness, good on throttle control etc. It just never feels right. But I guess will see the difference when the real thing arrives.

8. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I agree that less aero is fun and believe me i'm not scared of low grip cars at all but this cup car only has less aero that's it no abs and no tc doesn't make any difference to me as i can drive either way.
    It's not about aero it's about power and lightness which this car is definitely not(1200kg+ and 480HP) I have driven porsche cup in nearly all sim and it's understeer machine.
    Ffs i still think f1 cars in rf2 are ez af do you really think i will be scared of this rookie(beginner) car ?

Edit : i wanted a challenge brutal car that's all i'm saying and porsche cup is entry gt car for beginner and i'm no beginner to any race cars in sim hence i don't like rookie or beginner cars.
    There were so many opportunities to add in game like we couldn've gotten a group C car since we have license of porsche and le mans.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    slatanek likes this.
  9. slatanek

slatanek Registered

Calm
    Calm down, no-one's saying you're scared of anything.

People saying the Cup car (or any 911 for that matter) is an understeer machine don't know how to drive it properly.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  10. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

power ON understeer not entry understeer. Since it got no power to even wheel spin in fuking 2nd gear how is that challenging?
    I have already drove the car in ACC which is king of gt cars and cars is quite easy.

11. slatanek

slatanek Registered

It's called GOOD TRACTION :p

12. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Yea i don't like going flat every corner. Remember sauber C9 in original AC at 100% boost ? how careful you have to be to get on power? that's what i'm looking for in sim.

Mauro likes this.
  13. bwana

bwana Registered

You need to master the Lola T280 by the sound of it , may be what your looking for

2ndLastJedi, Mauro and slatanek like this.
  14. slatanek

slatanek Registered

Comparing a group C car to a Cup car - not exactly a fair comparison. You realize you're comparing a 80's highest class prototype to a modern feeder series? It's like comparing apples to oranges. But it's fine, I get it - a Cup car is too slow for you.

Congratulations on your time... though I can't really tell what the point of it is here :confused:

15. xerofer

xerofer Registered

Can you post a link please?
    Thx

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I like the Flat 6 mod a lot, just lift off oversteer seems strangely strong, but it is possible to tame it with not too much practice.

Porsche Cup car seems to be interesting to me. In stream it looked very bouncy. But it seemed more so from external cams, than from internal car cams.

Levelup1 and slatanek like this.
  17. Travis

Travis Registered

I'm looking forward to the car personally.

Based on the Twitch TV sim racing expo presentation that Marcel appeared in, it does appear that S397 and Porsche have a good relationship and that can only mean good things for rF2 and us long term.

avenger82 and slatanek like this.
  18. slatanek

slatanek Registered

Look it up on YT - the simracing expo stream from yesterday, it's at the end of the stream somewhere. I'm at work so can't help any more than this.

xerofer likes this.
  19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Again, the car in ACC is not the Cup car. They are actually quite different and it makes no sense to compare your GT3 times in ACC with this upcoming rF2 car. The only proper modern spec Porsche Cup cars are in AC and iRacing, wich just shows that there is a severe lack of those.

20. slatanek

slatanek Registered

I found there's not enough off throttle oversteer :p

Concerning the bounciness - I bet it's gonna be setup as in all other sims ie. super stiff. And then people complain it's understeering. The thing is the stiff setup makes for an easier drive (less crashing) but it introduces gobbs of understeer. From my experience the 911 are way more enjoyable when you loosen them up a bit - softer ARB at the front, softer springs at the front, let the chassis roll more and it's fun like nothing else.:)