[REL] Next Gen Mod Team - BTCC NGTC Touring

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by WSVR, Sep 25, 2014.

1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Punting Plato Challenge inbound.

2. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Please, are a templates created for this mod? Where can I find it?

3. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Corti likes this.
  4. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  5. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Very sorry, I have one more (maybe) stupid question. I have problem with the NGTC templates. When I try to export them to the .dds format I always receive error message "Unsupported input format". I have seen this message before in the case when bottom layer called "Background" was missing. Then the error was simply solved, when I have added this layer. But with this templates it does not help now. I am using Photoshop CS6 (with DDS plugin of course). Has anybody some idea what is wrong?

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Have you checked if the size of the template is correct (has to be a square of 8, like 8,16,32,64,128,... and all possible combinations of these numbers)?
    And is the exporter set to 2d texure?

7. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Size of all these templates is 2048x2048 pixels. And it´s not possible to export it even if I don´t make any change. When I simply open the .psd file in Photoshop and I try to save it as .dds file without any change, the error message appear immediately.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Which DDS format are you selecting?

*Could also depend which DDS plugin you're using in PS, as to whether you need the background, or to flatten the image before export, etc.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  9. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

I am using NVIDIA DDS plugin for 64bit Windows.
    I have no chance to select any format, because the error occurs before displaying the tab with possibilities like DXT5, DXT3 or anything. I have tried to flatten the picture before the start of saving process without any positive effect too.

10. Emery

Emery Registered

Are you using 64-bit Photoshop?

11. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Have you tried it with running photoshop as administrator (rightclick on the shortcut and select "run as administrator")?
    And what happens if you load a dds file and try to save that, do you get the same error?

12. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Guys, at first I would like to say thank you for your trying to help me, really!

Now, answers to your questions.
    1. Yes, of course I am using 64 bit Photoshop.
    2. When I tried to run Photoshop as administrator, it had no influence to the error.
    3. What happens if I open some .dds file of some NGTC car in Photoshop? In this case I am able to save the file again as .dds file without the error.
    4. What happens if I try to flatten individual groups to flattened layers before exporting? The error "unsupported input format" occurs.

But when I flatten all content of .psd file to one layer (background) then I can export the file without error. So it seems to be the only way for me now - to work normally in layers, then make a copy of the .psd file, merge everything to a single layer and then export such file to .dds format. This is join with one more question which I have. I don't see the "Regions" layers group in these templates. Does it mean that these templates are not yet ready to work with regions? Or could this group be simply added to the template and would it work theoretically? But If so, it would probably not work for me when I can export a .psd file to .dds format only without individual layers....

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Just d/led the Ford Focus template and it saves as dds for me no issues.
    Maybe resetting Photoshop preferences might fix?
    I've had to do this in the past. I couldn't use "inverse" as it was always greyed out but a reset fixed it.
    Hold down alt/ctrl/shift when opening photoshop and select yes when asked to reset.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  14. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Yep, same here downloaded ford and made a skin exported as dds no problem. Sorry can't help you on this one.

nonamenow likes this.
  15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Out of date plugin?

16. jonno

jonno Registered

Hey guys anyone know why the brake lights on the bmw dont work no matter what i try they just dont work...

I can mess with the GEN file and get em to be on constantly and off when brake is applyed but not the other way round any help please..

17. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Hello Jonno. The BMW isn't part of this package.

While it is the same guys that converted the BMW, I think it went through a team name change and they are only working on the models that they have created. It's there as an "as is" unsupported state.

I believe they will be having an updated one in their future packs, but that time frame is undetermined at this point

Please correct me in my info is wrong. :)

18. jonno

jonno Registered

Ahh ok if thats the case lol..prehaps someone could give me an idea of what to change in one of the files to correct it lol.

19. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Is there a rim template somewhere around?

20. jonno

jonno Registered

Just an fyi lol i found a solution to bmw no brake lights lol seems if you make your own team mod they start working again lol. Strainge one..