Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1115 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

Steam client? For what?

I use the SteamCMD, i download the rFactor2 Dedicated server with it

2. Mauro Milanese

Mauro Milanese Registered

3. JParra

JParra Registered

Too many doubts and problems. Now that I have my clients in 1112, I will wait to migrate the servers until this is really stable.

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Since the server updates, you have had to run a steam client on the server PC so your server can be seen in the list.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with not having the steam plugin anymore, as noted here.
    https://www.studio-397.com/2019/08/build-1114/
    Steam Integration Improvements

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is no rule that you have to run Steam client. My servers and many others are running without Steam client and are working.

juanchioooo and Goanna like this.
  6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

You are absolutely correct it is not a rule, however Imre was saying that his server is not visible in the server list.
    This is why I said that he should run the client, as this has worked for a bunch of people who can't see their servers.
    My apologies if I've caused offence by trying to help.

Ari Antero likes this.
  7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@JimmyT Out of interest how many servers are you running, and if more than one do you use the “+profile=playerx” method or seperate instances for each server?

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Just the one on a separate PC and no I don't use the "+profile=playerx”
    By running a steam client on the server, as many others have had to do since the update (see further up this thread), I can now see my server in the list.:)

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I was in the same boat....created a dummy steam account and logged into client on server and all worked.....Our current situation is that steam client is installed on server but not running and servers are visible. We have multiple servers using the +profile method, the downside is that json files are not updated automatically and our player1, 2, 3 & 4 still have the steam dll reference(which is supposed to be ignored) in the custom variable json whereas the original custom variable json in the original player folder has the new one about dll in exe reference.
    I might create a server using the player profile(with all the new json’s) and see if that shows.

10. lagg

lagg Registered

We use different instances, instead of different profiles, and it's working well with steamcmd

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  11. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I've notices some major fps drops happening randomly that just wasn't there before, both in single player and multiplayer

12. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

In our league we are having back issues with the Steam link in rFactor 2. Some freezes that happen every day around the same time 19:30 (GMT). Freezes take several seconds and completely ruin races.
    I quote what one of our members posted:

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Did you try it with deactivating the SteamPluginBuiltInto.exe now?
    That should have the same effect as to deactivate the former SteamPlugin.dll, as i would expect.

14. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I haven't tested it personally, but I'll tell people to give it a try.

15. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

i tried all tips. isn't working. our servers isn't on list. when one driver quit from server we have a big freeze.
    so, this build is a shit

Davvid likes this.
  16. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

@Christopher Elliott
    Last Sunday at our first VRC league pre-season race at Toban, several drivers had severe freezes during the race, including freezes when someone left the server. Freezes started happening with this new update. Before this release, freezes were a thing of the past for us, but obviously something happened with this update.

I have seen other members mentioning this issue here in the forums, but I have not seen any acknowledgement by S397 that this is being looked at. My apologies in advance if this has been mentioned elsewhere. Hopefully this can be fixed soon as we are about to start our season.

Cheers, JPA.

17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Do you maybe have other dedis running on same server in a 24h rythm to load tracks, change session?

18. Depco

Depco Registered

This was something I was curious about too. At the time of our race we had 2 additional dedicated served running on the machine. I dont know that we can tell, but i thought that maybe when the other servers were changing sessions there may have been a brief hiccup on the server hosting the race. We also had a couple drivers, Juan above and I, who were booted from the server at the session change from practice to Qual. This also had been a thing of the past and hopefully was only a one off event.

19. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

1 problem is solved

We updated our Windows 7 server to fresh version, restart, and our servers are visible in list

20. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

since 1.1115 i have a problem with replays: i do 10 lap races that last about 20 minutes, but when i go to see the replays saved, these last only 2 o 3 minutes, maximum 4 :confused:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019