CS-closed Porsche Formula E Competition IAA 2019

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rF2_IAA_FE_comp_image_02.jpg

Take on mighty Monaco in the Porsche FIA Formula E Gen 2 car competition! The top 4 will win an exclusive trip to the #IAA19 to compete on stage against Porsche Formula E works drivers - Neel Jani and André Lotterer

Hotlap rules
    Generally speaking, the track takes care of cutting, however
    - Observe the track limits at all times, if we observe track cutting that is unrealistic with all wheels in an off-track position the lap will be invalidated
    - Wallriding is not allowed, if any unrealistic method is being used laptime will be invalidated
    - Do not use external software to modify performance

Registration is now open!
    Make sure you read the terms and conditions when you sign up.

Read more here or join the competition here

Leynad, chisco85, Ricardo Diz and 2 others like this.
  2. Filippo Caneo

Filippo Caneo Registered

Wow no words

3. Leynad

Leynad Registered

Can't download the content even i bought all DLCs...

4. slatanek

slatanek Registered

Formula E... Not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when thinking "Porsche". Bummer

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Quote: The competition is only open to drivers who are 18+ from Europa excluding Italy.

I read that as under 18s from Italy can participate but rest of Europe have to be 18+, probably could be a little clearer perhaps.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Right well there's clearly a language barrier for you at play here, as to me it does not exclude Italy as Country in that wording.

@Jimmi Allison Can maybe explain it to you when he's not busy :)

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I think I know why italians aren't included now haha

8. Emery

Emery Registered

MarcG - if you click on the "Make sure you read the terms & conditions here." it does appear that Italians are excluded as you'll see this:

To enter this competition Entrants must: (a) be 18 or over; (b) be a european resident (Italy excluded) (c) willing and able to travel and be available during Saturday, September 21st (arrival) and Sunday, September 22nd (race and departure); (d) not participating in the Porsche esport Supercup.

Dookie likes this.
  9. Emery

Emery Registered

Brazilians, Americans, Canadians, Australians, Russians, etc. are also excluded, so it is what it is.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I hadn't read that so thanks, but it could still be worded better and it's very odd if Italians are excluded as they are Part of Europe so it doesn't really make much sense, but alas it's for someone else to clarify :)

11. Everything can be worded differently and yet even though how much its explained you will still have people that think its wrong worded or it could be done better. It is what it is.

This competition is not different from A1 esport that exclude all other countries than those who speak german, the swedish championship or anything else. It was a requirement and therefor enforced.

MarcG likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well it says Europa, which seems a bit unfair to those residing on the other moons of Jupiter.

A basic explanation of Italy's exclusion would at least avoid people blaming S397. On the other hand, it's obviously very clear anyway, hence no confusion...

Filip likes this.
  13. Filip

Filip Registered

Ping on Ganimed is too high anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.