FANATEC CSW 2.5 Not recognized. HELP !

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ludo21, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Hello, thank you for this help and this pleasant message.
    So first thing I have my fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals plugged into USB on the computer. Do I have to plug it directly into CSW?
    My id build number is 4132696, I had already checked. No beta ...
    I have a keyboard + wireless mouse in USB. I'm going to do some testing .... Last chance.
    Everything comes from the last update W10 I think. But it's very frustrating because everything works before.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

about a year ago, I had similar problems after a win10 Creator's update. I had to basically re-install every driver for my motherboard. Sound, USB, Chipset etc. I don't think I had to flash the bios, but just install the latest available drivers. Good luck
    Someone else will have to answer about the pedals. If your base wheel unit has a usb port, then I would try routing the pedals through that port. But I would also attempt first to get rF2 to see just your wheel. IF we get that far, then plug in the pedals and restart rF2.
    Remember , rF2 looks for the wheel fairly early in the program start-up. So make sure your wheel is fully powered up and connected before starting rF2.

3. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Hello.
    I am desperate. I tried everything you told me .... Direct pedals on steering wheel, remove keyboard USB ... etc .... The only thing I have not done is change drivers motherboards. I do not know if I can do that? But why so many manipulations, while my steering wheel works perfectly under W10 and with other games ....
    So I'm calling on S397. Only RF2 does not work anymore ...
    still sorry for my english which is a translation of google....
    ;)

4. jondolar

jondolar Registered

I don't speak English well so sorry for the possible mistakes, have you tried to install the firmware again, both at the wheel and at the base? you can try, it's only a few minutes and it still solves, I have pedals and fanatec base and I've never had serious problems, maybe I've ever had to delete controller.json but nothing else

5. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Hi, I already did that, yes ... I want to try again, but hey .... I'm counting on a miracle now ... There, I leave a party on ACC where everything works fine. ... and too bad for S397 !!

6. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

"no connected controller detected".....!!!!
    I'm really fed up, I have invested a lot of money in Rfactor 2 for 2 years and I have never had problems with my fanatec .....

7. jondolar

jondolar Registered

and ..... maybe it's silly but you also tried to remove the steering wheel and put it back on? ...... for doing something else.

otherwise I never select the fanatec in the rfactor2 options, just select the buttons, although I think you've tried all this

8. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Yes, it's nice of you, but I really tried everything I think, for almost a month already!

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

10. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

When my problems appeared, my pc had just made a big update W10 and at the same time I had check the integrity of files on steam.
    Then I tried everything, complete reinstallation of RF2, Fanatec drivers ..

11. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

I love Rf2, and frankly, I have been missing for almost a month .... Joking aside.
    I think I have tried everything and search on the internet. My version of W10 is: 1903, system version: 18362.295.
    I repeat, my Fanatec works on other simulations.

12. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you try deleting your Controller.JSON, Player.JSON, Multiplayer.JSON and CustomPluginVariables.JSON all are in ...rFactor2\UserData\Player - Then restart rFactor2.

Ari Antero likes this.
  13. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Hello, Chistopher, you answer me on a Sunday, I appreciate a lot. You were almost my hero tonight ... But no .... It does not work. (I already tried to remove controller and player json ....)
    It's still a crazy story .....! Since it works elsewhere and I tried a lot of things for 3 weeks ...

14. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

I found other people who had the same experience as me on other forums ..... They find a solution, but for me, nothing works!
    Years of fun with Rf2, but then it becomes really painful ....!

15. jondolar

jondolar Registered

Do you have a shifter on? Some time ago it happened to me that I was first detecting the th8 and to correct it I had to put the base alone to detect it and then connect the th8.

I use windows 10 pro 1903 with clubsport 2.5 and v3

16. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Hello,
    No shifter. Only CSW 2.5 with clubsport pedals v3.
    As I said before, my fanatec works with ACC, and I just tested with Dirt Rally.
    I'm over idea .... And very disappointed for the moment .... After so many years to have fun on RF2!

17. jondolar

jondolar Registered

:( computers !!!! well I think the last thing you have left is to install windows again, something has been left of that update that you don't like, maybe everything will work again with a new installation, I can't think of anything else :( , for playing the rfactor2 it is worth trying ;)

18. jondolar

jondolar Registered

Another thing, I also use dirt rally 2, but I don't like the ffb, could you pass me the configuration you use?

Thank you

19. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Hello, indeed, I will have to reinstall windows, I do not see other solutions .... If then it still does not work, I will lose the little hair I have left ....!
    And to answer your second question, it's Dirt 1 and I do not like the FFB either.

20. Supa

Supa Registered

When you assign controls you need to turn wheel in either direction at least 540 deg. 360 wont work