I messed up and bought the GT3 Challengers Pack twice

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Guy Moulton, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'm not sure who to contact,but this is the Support forum so I hope this is the right place.

On July 27 I bought the GT3 Challengers Pack twice. I obviously meant to buy the GT3 Pack and the GT3 Challengers Pack, but got confused.:( I dont play rF2 much but I recently found a league and want to race- they use these 2 packs. So I will be racing more, but not until I get the GT3 Pack!

Is there any way you can remove one of the GT3 Challenger Packs (the cars are listed twice) and replace it with the GT3 Pack? The price is the same (part of my confusion), so it's a simple swap.

If this is not the right place to ask, what is?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Tried refund through steam? Or does it count time on both and has been used too long?

You posted twice by the way :p

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

LOL, I seem to be having that problem a lot lately! :confused:

Yeah, I tried Steam but they won't do anything about in-game purchases. It's not considered DLC, which they will help with. Plus, it's been too long. I got the GT3 Challengers Pack and then never used it. I went to try the Bentley last night and and no luck and that's when I realized what I did.

4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I'll. Have it hehe

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If I could, I'd send it on over! The problem is, I just have it twice and can't do anything with it. I have all the GT3 Challengers cars listed 2 times, but it serves no purpose. S397 hasn't gotten back, Steam says they can't do anthing.

I'll probably just have to buy GT3 Pack again. The purchasing system through Steam is awful. Very confusing. It didn't help that I completed the purchase with my phone on the Steam site, instead of the app on my PC. Terrible system IMHO, but it was my fault, I'll probably just have to suck it up and not buy content anymore. I'll stick to modded content.

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In short the answer was no. Steam says they can't offer refunds or anything for RF2 content and provide links to S397. I emailed those addresses and I was told I have to go through Steam... So I go a different route with Steam and get an automated message response that too much time has gone by. There is no dealing with S397, they just said go to Steam and Steam won't even look at it. Oh well. I should have gone with my gut and just not gotten paid content. Steam + S397 is pretty messy IMHO

filippu likes this.
  8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

9. Filip

Filip Registered

Just for test I tried to add gt3 challengers pack which I already own and steam let me. Not only that but I could add to shopping cart as many as I want of the same item.
    So this is clearly a Steam fault as they should disallow buying same item twice for same account.
    And also not giving you refund doesn't make sense.
    It looks like they made system on purpose like that to grab some extra money in situations like this.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  10. filippu

filippu Registered

Sorry that you had to realize that the hard way. You know, they started telling people owning rF2 that wanted their Steam code that it was too late, but they could happily buy rF2 again.
    You could have been an happy customer and give away more money but nope, S397 keeps making unhappy people. rF2 has so many customers as it is, they can chase away the few that were happy.
    In other news, Marcel's greediness knows no bounds, chasing after the money from streams.

11. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

If you didn't launch rF2 for 2 hours after buying it, you can get a refund (14 days period) even for these store item.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  12. Filip

Filip Registered

You didn't understand anything or maybe you replied to wrong thread?
    This is about buying same item twice which is steam problem/limitation/greediness.

13. Giacomo Verlini

Giacomo Verlini Registered

I have done the same... very odd that it even possible.
    It took me some time to realize it. At the end I take it as a support to studio397 ;-)