Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

CPU is fast enough as long as your GPU load is at 99-100% all the time. You can not force more GPU load by increase super-sampling.
    Try to make in-game settings with 12 visible AI which your system can handle.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

How can i5 8600k be stronger than i7 8700k with two cores when technical specifications (Performance per clock cycle) are the same.
    I am a ware that rF2 is dual core game which means that your i5 8600k is using two cores and two threads and i7 8700k is using two cores and four threads if rF2 is optimized to do that. I7 8700k is as fast as i7 8600k so simple is that.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...8700k-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-70-ghz.html

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-8600k-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html

Narrowbackwing and The Iron Wolf like this.
  3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Did you read Numrollen's post? His CPU isn't fast enough to run the graphics card at 99%.
    Furthermore, no one has claimed that you can increase the GPU load if it is 99%. The point was to increase it by supersampling if the load is not 99%.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

i7 8700k optimized to rF2, look max and min utilization.

cpu loads rf2 2.png

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

He is running with too high in-game settings or too many visible AI which is causing CPU bottleneck. Intel 4 th generation or better is fast enough.

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

GPU load must bee 99-100% with lower settings too if frame limiter or sync is not used.

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the i5 works at more power with two cores, because it has fewer threads, the i7 8700k, having more threads divides the power between them, obviously to do tasks, jobs, or streaming the i7 is much better, there was a performance graph by cores, if they work 2/4/6 cores, the speeds vary, but format the pc, now I can't find the data, or the web or the files, but I'll see if I can find it and publish it again, ... those data were what I did I decided on the i5 since I use it only to play, most games only use two cores,,:);)

8. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Most settings only affect the GPU. If the CPU is too slow you hardly have a chance to change it. On some tracks you can hardly reach 90fps on your own, so it doesn't help to reduce the number of visible enemies. Only the shadows can be deactivated. But that looks terrible.

9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Not when the CPU is to slow what very happens very often

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Come on, you can bottleneck your CPU with too high settings in any game and when that happens you don`t get 99-100% GPU loads when frame limiter or sync is not used. This is common knowledge which every gamer should know.

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You seem not to understand my post`s and to claim that i5 8600k is performing better in games than i7 8700k when performance per clock cycle is equal is a joke.

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you're right i'm wrong,hyperthreading is the key...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  13. Leige

Leige Registered

I have a ryzen 2700x and have a los of problems with FPS in some circuits.(red bull ring, mid ohio). When i play with another Cars in RACE online or offline i can't get 90 FPS with low setings

My GPU is a 2070 super.

Could i get 90 FPS with a ryzen 3700x!???

14. Numrollen

Numrollen Registered

I turn down grafics enough i think and i get 45fps with NO ai.
    Load@racing: CPU 29%, GPU 33%.
    No such noticable problems on other racing games. And yes, i can get 100% load ony gpu with higher grafic settings, i just wanted to make clear that both is not the problem.

I think i have another problem, perhaps its related. I see some doppler effects (only in rF2) when watching trees while driving or cars while on multiplayer server watching cars. This is clearly a vr problem. Its most in the middle of my view when i move my head. when looking to the left i dont have this effect. even when i move it very fast nothing strange happens. Only when looking to the front and moving my head up/down/sideways.

- i have standard settings grafic, no profil, no special settings. Up2date driver
    - Since i updated (fresh new install) to Win10 1903 i dont see Track loading image anymore, only a sand glass that is rotating while loading the track. I dont know if i had other settings :(
    - The "loading" and "Freeze" times (the first second the car choice appears and the 2 secs loading all players while joining) the hole screen get stuck to my view while i move my head. On 1809 i could move my head and the screen, even while freezing stay on the same spot. im sure its not 1903 but i dont have a clue what changes from then to now.

15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Most settings unfortunately load the graphics card and reducing them does not relieve the CPU.
    As I said before, only a few graphics options relieve the CPU and if they are already at a minimum, nothing helps anymore. Is that so hard to understand?
    Even with all settings at minimum you won't get a constant 90fps depending on the content. Try this on the VirtuaLM Sebring or Mid Ohio. The whole thing depends on how many draw calls are directed to the CPU and if the number becomes too large a driver overhead will occur and the frames will break in.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No it is not hard to understand that in your case it is user issue.
    My post #2037 : "use S397 content be-course many third party tracks are poorly optimizes that you don`t get more than 50-70% GPU load no mater what you do."

There are people like @vittorio who has CPU from 2012 and he seem not to have problems like you have with much more modern CPU, chip-set, RAM etc. @Kelju_K has i7 4770k (2013) and don`t have problems like you have, strange isn`t it ? :rolleyes:

Anyways, I am tired to have guy like you kicking in my but here in the forums and I simply add you to my ignore list. :eek:

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

When you turn off i7 HT you have i5, is this you think all i7 owners should do o_O

juanchioooo likes this.
  18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

no,not everything is rfactor, I already said that the i7 is more versatile, even if it does OC to the i5 at 5.2 mhz or 5.0mhz:);)
    The truth is that I5 is doing well, I don't complain:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:
    regards

Ari Antero likes this.
  19. Jonas Windey

Jonas Windey Registered

How can I monitor gpu/cpu usage in VR? Ctrl-c isn't doing anything. Ctrl-t works though (for framerate)

20. moonm8trx

moonm8trx Registered

Is there anyway to increase the driver mode size so it doesn't look like I have the body and especially hands of a 4 year old?