Rf2? How do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Aug 19, 2019.

?

Rf2 in 5 years time.

1. Same as it is now with a little more content and nicer ui

38.8%
  2. Exceed all expectations online/offline amazing, ui working fully adding lots of features

8.2%
  3. Really not sure hard to tell

10.2%
  4. Somewhere between answer 1 and 2

42.9%
  1. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Registered

Yep, Jo was a great driver - i even had his helmet in my hands which he used :) and i drive his old test street every day ;-) (a simple straight into a boring complex of buildings right now)

Just to answer with a short reply - it was not really an answer to your post (maybe there are other people around you who exist and write things). And yes, Devs have to work for their family and can't "break" away - not in short term.

I don't comment the first part - i disagree - and thats ok. But i am ok with you that empty forums would be sad - but full forums from members repeating everywhere their stuff over and over, and over again, is not helping at all (at least when you're a lurker like me - and surely some other people who are lurkers).

Why not? It's not the job of the community trying to f**tf**k every Dev (any time a day). How would you react in real life if that would happen to you? I think that some of the people who work on this sims have also a real life; you agree? I think that sometimes looking on the better things things helps both sides.

I'm sorry - i just quoted you - but its not you I have to vent about (i still love your Jaguar btw) - its just a general "GODDAMMIT" i had to vent about.

Anyway, sorry about complaining about complaining.

I wish everyone a good day - try to see things from the positiv side of life...

Greets
    Jo

Over and out

mantasisg likes this.
  2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Nobody said they should prioritize graphics over gameplay. I'm just saying that if graphics look outdated already, imagine how it will look compared to games released during the next 5 years. Not even "rF2's amazing tire model" will be able to save it because that's the only excuse it has right now but other studios are closing the gap quickly.

Really? If you say so :D

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

iRacing looks worse and is doing just fine. :p
    I am not saying that the graphics in rF2 are perfect. But there are still a few updates to be made and the visuals and performance are pretty decent allready. I think once the PBR stuff is implemented, especialy for the cockpits and for the tracks, we might have a base for the next five years. It isn't ACC or PC2 level of visuals, but it surely isn't the worst looking product and it runs smooth. The funny thing about the physics and FBB in rF2 is, that this saved it pretty much the whole life time, because wich other selling point did it have? It even looked outdated when it was released. Granted, the feature list was allways pretty good and the AI was top notch, but the rest is average. And don't forget that it might be the last supported modding platform for the years to come. If they can really stick to their plans presented in the big RD interview, they will have a strong product for sure. I am rather optimisitc, because I am waiting for a game like rF1 and rF2 since allmost ten years now but it hasn't appeared yet. If the other devs weren't able to replicate the tire model and the FBB of a sim that is allmost ten years old, then what makes you think that they will catch up in the next five years? I am pretty relaxed to say the least and enjoy what I have :D

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Fair points.
    Just like rF2 has the tire model, we all know what iRacing has that others don't.

Other studios don't necessarily need to replicate rF2's tire model in order to make physics/FFB believable, informative and enjoyable. From my personal experience I can tell you I prefer driving GT3's in ACC regardless of the tire model being better/worse. This wasn't the case with AC/R3E but Kunos managed to improve in this regard. Will Reiza do it with AMS2? Time will tell. AMS1 was said to already have pretty good physics/FFB and AMS2 will certainly improve in graphics.

That's only 2019/2020.....What about the next 4 years?? AC2 with modding support? Who knows, I'm just saying we can't expect the tire model alone carry this game any further, especially with graphics from 2014.

I'm not saying rF2 should focus on improving graphics any further rather than at some point we need a new game with up to date tech to carry on rF2's legacy.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@jo_siffert Yeah, sorry. You replied after me without any quote. I just assumed it is about me. Especially as it was a long post, with a lot of speculations about what devs will come up with in 5years, which this thread is about. In different context I agree with your post. Some stuff feels too repetitive, and waste of time.

Back to the topic, I think in upcoming five years nothing in simracing forums will change, at least I hope not for the worse. I hope that people will slowly find ways to agree on more things and think in same dirction, and hopefully right direction. Shouldn't be hard as it is "just" copying reality, or should it.

I also hope that in five upcoming years something would come up with ideas how objectively rise standards for simulation.

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Agree with hitman here, apart from a few shadow glitches rf2 looks quite stunning sometimes. It's Not pc2 or acc and it doesnt need to be either.

Levelup1 likes this.
  7. xerofer

xerofer Registered

I think the only thing you are looking for in the next 5 year is being recognized as a great modeler by any developer, hoping they’d give you a job...:cool:

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

haha no :D I would be releasing sick complete 1.0 version mods multiple times per year then, working all the time on them, and annoying devs with personal messages trying to impress them. I would also keep my mouth shut majority of times around here.

I wish I was structural engineer working with individual apartments, perhaps some public and industrial buildings too. I got graduated, but thats it.

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Results at the moment are interesting, seems balanced on people's thoughts right now. I think I left the right to change your vote.

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

For me, any complaints are usually "You've not worked on the bit *I* want fixing. Yeah, fixing that is all well and good, but what about the bit *I'M* interested in."

Korva7, jayarrbee36 and Emery like this.
  11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I just read this sentence from a user at RD's rF2 thread .

"...….a game that by Marcels admission has maybe 3 years left of development before they move on"

I'm not sure how truthful or reliable the source is but if it's the case then as I stated earlier, hopefully in 5 years we'll be talking about rF3 and not rF2.

12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

valid point.