Released New!!!! Two Strong Pack (McLaren Senna GTR / The Aston Vantage GTE)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 16, 2019.

1. txinas

txinas Registered

When i say that the cokpit is not do it like the 3 models of the GTE(2017-2018-2019) and i see that the cockpit of the rfactor2 car is the same that the GT3 model I compared of the 3 diferent videos. The car 2017 and 2018 have the same wheel of the GT3 but the boton box is not the same. The 2019 car have the same botonbox bit the wheel is diferent. Only I am askin that the model that studio put it in steam is not concording whit any real Aston Martin GTE car of those years.

J7166 likes this.
  2. Supa

Supa Registered

Soooo I've got to pay money for the new GTE?? Ive already purchased the GTE and GT3 packs!! Can see why Reiza wanted nothing more to do with S397.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

^^^ going on this not very smart trend

I wonder how those people who purchased GT3 in real life feel that it will take few hundred thousands for a conversion package, and then also god knows how the converting service costs.

It is so dissapointing to me when majority of feedback is not about anything important... little unessential details like GT3 written somewhere in GTE car, cars not having rock tight grouping by packs, even though they are released in 100 years appart from one another...

There are real things to talk about... even to complain if you want. If your goal is to complain, then at least go invest some time, and find real stuff to complain, not this stupid insignificant stuff lol it is so unproductive and empty.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

its this insignificant stuff "as you say" that makes a product polished, you may settle for below average but many strive for better. Rf2's only woe in the sim world is that it feels unfinished or somewhat WIP - like for a thousand years. But people don't buy on the "most realistic tyre model" anymore as others have caught up. Logic like this is why rf2 is the way it is, and by the looks of it wont change.

Theres no harm in pushing yourself :)

williang83 and D.Painter like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

@Supa, it's been covered in several threads. At the time the GTE pack was released, the Aston GTE was not available. S397 licensed the GT3(that means they had to pay a negotiated amount of money) to Aston for the right to use that car's likeness in the sim,, just like they did with the Mclarens, the BMWs, the Porsches, the Audi, the Radical, Mercedes and Vettes.
    Aston and every other car maker considers each car a separate transaction, so if you had the Ferrari 488 GT3 and 488 GTE, each would cost the sim company a certain amount of money(I have no idea what the actual costs are).
    Back to the Aston GTE. After the 3 endurance packs were released, S397 acquired the rights to the Aston GTE, remember that acquisition costs S397 money. To pay for those licensing fees, and the various costs associated with 3d/mapping/skinning/physics changes/marketing/travel/payroll/PROFIT etc then S397 has passed those costs onto us. If you like, I suppose all the cars and tracks should/could be free and rF2 would cease to exist except on a dwindling number of private servers.
    You might want to direct your anger towards the SRO for allowing GT3 cars to be so similar to GTE, and for the possible upcoming GT4 cars, which again will use many of the same body and chassis, but will cost completely new amounts of money to license. You could argue with the manufacturers who just won't allow commercial sims to use their product's likeness for free. Or the team sponsors who want to have a say on where and when the sponsor's logo can be shown.
    Certain companies, like Tatuus have allowed the licensing fees to be either free or so low the price of passing that cost onto consumers is negligible. That is Tatuus' decision, not S397. Other companies, like Mclaren have probably negotiated the use of previous products like the 3 F1 cars into the price of the first 650S GT3 license. Mclaren recoups that lost revenue by using the S397 product in world wide promotions like the worlds fastest gamer.
    I hope this provides some scope as to why cars cost commercial sims money. Remember, ISI avoided licensing of many of the original rF1/2 products by creating fictional cars like the Howstons.

Finally, what happens if S397 acquires other GTE or GT3 products. Should they roll them into existing paks and increase the cost of each?(also deducting more money from every one of the original purchaser's accounts)

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

There was quite worse. Remember AMR GT3 car quality, and it is the most exposed rF2 car of this year. GTE is significantly better quality, yet complaining resonated somehow about weird detail, which could actually even be argued as legit modeling detail, if you'd consider that car is converted from GT3, just like it can be in real life. I have no issue people having a complaint, but the shear resonance is stupid for such little thing.

As for the thing that AMR GT3 is treated as totally separate car, and released separately, there is absolutely nothing strange in it because technically it is different car, but by this point gamers just can't surprise anyone anymore with their responses, worse than confused women, or spoiled 9 year old child. Remember Formula E gen 2 getting bundled with Monaco month after its solo release, that one I really understand felt like something to protest on.

7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Yesterday I bought a car from my dealer. Every time I will visit him in the future I will get a New car for free I asume, because I paid him. Lol

The cars are fantastic to drive. I like the sound of the Aston Martin much more than the Gt3 version. Its much more alive with a more present gear whine , louder suspension noise while driving over bumps. I don't know if the real Gt3 sounds different from the the Gte, but I hope the Gt3 will get the sound too.

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Its the normalest thing in the world: reusing components. Each artist does this, painters, musicans, coders, whatever.
    Just fill a bug report would be the right way to go.

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

It must be finished, if it would be unfinished they would have released it ;).

10. dufrene

dufrene Registered

The car 2017 and 2018 from your video are the old Aston (the AM version in the last super season). The 2019 car from your video is the new one (the PRO version).

Check that 2018 Aston Martin GTE PRO interior:
    [​IMG]

As for the dashboard, it has changed multiple times. Example from 2018 geneva motor show
    [​IMG]

Or from the prototype, the dashboard is yet again different (check at 5:27)

juanchioooo and txinas like this.
  11. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Sorry but if you’re gonna charge for a car it better be correct. Having the wrong dash, non working lights and a fictional or gt3 button box are inexcusable at this point.

Even low level modders have better quality. If the details aren’t correct I wonder how correct the engine,inertia and handling details really are.

mr.Sw1tchblade and Leynad like this.
  12. Leynad

Leynad Registered

I like the Senna, but i don't get this GTE-class. IRL they should be about 4 seconds faster (1:56,0 vs 1:59,9 in qualifying this year) around Sebring than the GT3 (GTD is almost the same), but the rF2-cars seems like a GT3 without ABS and i'm not half a second faster, rather slower because no ABS. They should be more grip and feels like the same or less. I can load my GT3-setup and the GTE sounds different, but handles the same, just no ABS. I can't take that serious...

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Can anybody confirm if the mirrors are f.... up like previous S397 cars? I Am simply not spending my money on it if thats the case.

14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

It could just be the fact that you have been spoiled by having ABS, I'm not calling you a bad driver but you'd be surprised how many mistakes it masks.

juanchioooo likes this.
  15. stonec

stonec Registered

Do you mean that mirrors are low resolution? Low-res mirrors haven't been there in a few years. Or the mirror positions need adjustment first time you drive the car? Probably, because everyone uses a different seat position, so just like in a real car, you need to adjust the mirrors to correspond to where you sit.

16. Taranta

Taranta Registered

If you have ABS, take advantage of it, if you don't have it use the appropriate driving technique!
    Gt3s use aid not intended as such but to make the most of performance and all real drivers take advantage of TC and ABS because are highly sophisticated.
    Instead, the GTE performance (standard aerodynamics) is leveled at the GT3 in the latest update made by S397, making a mistake!

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Yes I am talking about the mirrors direction which are usually WAAAAAY off. Like not even pointing backwards. I dont know where you should sit if they are supposed to work but it is definitely not in the seat lol.

18. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

My mirrors needed adjusting in both cars but adjustment works properly. VR user.
    Both cars are worth the money IMO

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I just assumed they're meant to be blind spot mirrors, not for looking backwards. In the Aston Martin GT3 for example, if I roll past an object so it disappears from view (through the passenger window), it very quickly appears in the side mirror.

For a road car I'd have the back part of the car nearly visible, so I can check if cars are coming up from behind in the next lanes, but it leaves some blind spot still hidden. I've noticed in various mods the side mirrors are more about pointing diagonally rather than backwards - especially when there's a separate rear vision mirror / camera. It seems more useful in braking zones.

juanchioooo and RoWo like this.
  20. txinas

txinas Registered

Thankss!!!!:):):):)

dufrene likes this.