Released New!!!! Two Strong Pack (McLaren Senna GTR / The Aston Vantage GTE)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Thats why the Dashboard says GT3 :p:D

2. txinas

txinas Registered

@Christopher Elliott i dont know what is the real information of the manufacturer. But i think that when i compare the real car whit the simulator car there are some changes. So only I am askin that if i have to pay oficial content please ask to the manufacturer why the information that you have is not the same that the information of the real car.

Is onlymy poit of view.

Thanks.

And thanks for all the work that your companies are doing.

EsxPaul likes this.
  3. kodnin

kodnin Registered

I'm curious about this. As well as the DRS (hint?) for the Senna GTR.

4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I want to give my 2 cents to it.
    Let's try changing the chairs ..
    Develop a game and have a 24/7 job the way I see it. I have recently been observing Discord intensively. And I see the devs are there from morning to evening reachable in support.
    That is actually a 24/7 job.
    And I do not think that youwill be rich with that Job.

I defend nobody here!

I do not like everything here.
    I reported two problems to support via Discord. Both were confirmed by Mr. Elliot and taken care of by time.

With this content, the studio keeps afloat. Of something they must indeed life.

Just swap the chairs. Try it.

Of course you should report problems. But please in a friendly tone.
    There are only human sitting there.

I can well imagine that this gets on my nerves.

I did not buy this pack. It does not suit me, but I'm happy for anyone who likes it. The cockpit will certainly be processed. When the UI is done, RF2 for S397 will become self-propelled.

Then the studio will handle such things as quickly as possible.

I think too that's not good (AM Cockpit ), but please do not forget we are all just human.
    And so a studio wants to be paid !

Sry for my bad English guys!

David Kolody and delapecs like this.
  5. DEK

DEK Registered

Oh, he didn't bought, so he's out of interest and should move on. Says much...

And, he and others got valid points.

I m in for rf1 and rf2 since the first beta version came out.

But I experienced some things in the last few years which gave me mixed feelings.

There was a time when a certain modder came up with some GTE / GT2 Cars pay mod. He gave one for free which was well modelled in and outside of the car. Then the other competitors had to be bought. The pay ones where lacking details or had worse physics. Once they got sold in good amounts there where no more updates but prototypes where announced but never really ready.

Now we can see the official content seeing the hand of these modded and it's the same unfinished ( yes, yes you got the references from the manufacturer...) stuff like before.

And wheres the so long advertised UI??

I get the feeling something fishy going on here. The main features that have been advertised are still missing but loads of unfinished not very good content to sell in the mean time to keep us paying and advises to move on if not
    satisfactory in our eyes...??

Been following the whole situation long enough.
    In my eyes there where some who jumped the old cow to see if the fellow followers will pay some for them.

Kill me for this or not.

6. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

And what should be proved by that? Who confirms this is definitely not the case in the first version in the GTE?

7. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

If I read all this in part, then it no longer worries me that fewer and fewer companies feel like it and that many products are discontinued or not improved anymore. Here is whining on a very high level. We are talking about a purchase of 3.50 euros. You can just inform yourself in advance. There are so many stupid unboxing and test videos. Then you can still decide whether to buy it or not. And so far, support questions have almost always been answered and added.
    Of course, they want to make money from their products, but so far I can not complain about the company's doing business.

Filip likes this.
  8. txinas

txinas Registered

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Not that anyone will read or care, but I'd like to take on my initial impression on Mclaren Senna GTR, after driving it for about 100 minutes yesterday.

I was just warming up barely touching setup, haven't reached good pace, but already got a lot of challenge and experience from the car. I am happy that there is finally a GT car that is not underpowered and overplanted as I was afraid for it to be.

In discord there were various reactions to Senna GTR, some people really loves it, some thinks it is not so great. I personally think that performance wise it is indeed not that "perfect", but to me that what makes it more enjoyable and greater experience. It is definitely not completely on the rails, and it actually even has some oldskool classic type of hints in its handling.

I have started with it in Sebring. Default setup with lower gearing and soft tires. I have driven GTR till I reached 1'49, but I think I could do a couple seconds faster. But it was getting challenging for sure, in many turns car seemed used not use its full potential of downforce, because there are many medium speed turns. Of course more wing would have helped there, as well as mechanical grip shift backwards with softer rear ARB, as front would hardly ever feel like lacking grip, usually it is all rear tire stepping out of its traction eclipse. What I like a lot with this car is that you have to be more subtle with the pedals, usually it has more power than you can afford at the moment, same goes for braking power as you hit lower speeds and the car has no ABS, so the one who is working is you, but I would say that the car having no ABS doesn't cause too much inconvenience. But I have never properly drove nor LMP2 nor LMP3, I saw people who hoped similar braking performance to LMP2 being not happy. I don't know, it is great to me, but it is difficult to absolutely avoid skids. I also tried some laps with low TC setting, and surprisingly got significantly slower, this may be the first car from S397 which traction control is actually important strategic element, and you will not be able to just use it on lowest all the time.

Later I went for Le Mans of course. I must say I had great time with it there. It was only practice session, and I was slower than Jimmy Broadbent, who is as fast as AI on 105 (I also actually should be as fast as AI on 105, but thats not every time). I did have an awesome racing type situation during that practice, TWICE ! AI would outbrake me at the mulsane corner, then I would slip stream and overtake it back, and then AI would fly inches away by outside of me through indianapolis turn/braking... it was quite mad, but felt nicely in control.

I have driven Lemans with soft tire too, low TC, a bit of radiator tape, low wing setting. Top speeds were pretty good, I may have suffered a bit for braking and turning. But as you can tell there is good reserve in the setup. Interesting thing was how front end mostly feels fine, but the rear is first to start loosing traction at highspeed turns, most obviously Porsche curves, this is actually not how aerodynamic grip balance should be, but just as reminder I ran low rear wing, no adjustable front wing. I actually liked it, it felt non optimal, but it was different and challenging in a good way. Car actually does understeer a bit, but as you lift off throttle a bit it can regain plenty of grip at front to increase turn in noticeably, something like you can experience with Porsche 917/30 in Assetto Corsa. It is quite fun to me, there are a lot of dynamics. One of the really fast guys in discoord, Joonas, didn't like it, said that front feels like it owns all the weight, I wonder if he also used low rear wing, or it feels like this direction even with greater wing angle, I doubt actually, but then there wouldn't be so much on high wing too, I guess, still need to try high wing, as well as many other setup options. Joonas also said that Front feels like having huge slip angle table, and rear end can fall off very fast. I am nowhere near to his pace, but at least at my pace rear end felt rather easily managable, even though it did fall fast with too much steer angle and throttle combo. With less wing angle and so much power to deal with, it makes sense for rear end to feel like it has much narrower performance window than front end. It should be managable by manipulating TC, not using least wing angle, also by trading off mechanical grip from front to rear, though you would usually like to have more mechanical grip at the front of the car. The most important thing IMO is that this car is interesting, and there will always be something to solve with it, it should provide bigger margins won by good driving and good setup decisions.

Later on I decided to try a bit more oldschoolish way of driving, still TC low, wing low, soft (but already slightly worn ~95) tires. I started attacking corners faster and having multiple small brushes and feathering for brakes and throttle. It worked out well, and I won a couple seconds over the lap. Brushing brakes that way may have helped compensating absence of ABS. Feathering throttle like in oldschool car may have helped to stabilize rear end under coasting, I guess engine braking is not negligable, I saw all differential parameters are adjustable though, so could just use higher coast settings. Had very oldskoolish moment at Arnage, as rear end stepped out a bit on braking, but front end kept steady straight motion, I thought this was awesome, something what I see sometimes in real racing, and it is exciting moment. The car feels really stable if you can set it well and make use of a downforce, but there is always little bit of feel that something could happen, but confidence is higher than that, I did have quite a slide at Porsche curves (speed is very high as you know), but saved it without too much trouble, tire also didn't seem to overheat at that time, perhaps I just didn't notice. Car has good downforce and big caster angle, so it may be a good help at catching oversteer. Steering feels great to me, quite natural and clean.

By the second part of Lemans session it started to rain heavily. I put on rain tire, increased rear wing a bit, and increased TC a bit. It was interesting, but I didn't really liked it as much as I hope, more about this on the second part of the feedback, where I have some criticism.

Criticism. My opinions.

• Though traction control really counts in this car, I still don't like the way slip rate drop off feels, like I probably do with all S397 cars. Worth to mention I drive with soft tire, so there are two more increasingly harder compounds. But, fix me if I am wrong, soft compound is the one which should feel the most brutal between switching peak grip and grip fall off. Instead the transition from sliding tire to gripping tire is very smooth. It is wrong in my opinion. The loss of grip should be more significant, as well as regain of grip. It may also be a bit more scary because of that reason. Smoothness makes it feel more safe. When I write about this, I mostly think about longitudinal grip loss when accelerating.
    • Traction loss in the rain. Same as above, but at even greater significance. As much as I have observed rain from RL videos this "fast tire talking", "feeling like something will happen" (both figures I take from Aris who does Assetto cars) thing is just not there. tire in the rain does also have this smooth transition even on acceleration out of mulsane corner. Whats worst is that for some reason under this masive acceleration on the wet in straight line fronts feel like they loose almost same amount of grip, and same time as rear tires, which makes no sense, as they just roll, rear tires should loose traction way sooner in such case I think, and front tire should take some more time to get twisted. Thats the way I believe it should be. Right now it feels very soapy, and grip feels being lost with all car, rather than rear end first. To me that seems like if it is result of something being wrong with the way tire slip ratio works on driven axle, the way driving force breaks traction, it happens too slow I think. I am not sure if it is too quick for front end, or it seems too quick for it because other end is too slow...
    • I hate window wipers. First speed level already feels very fast, and second level feels annoying and funny to me. Also there seems to be no difference of how effective the wipers are between level one and two. If level two would be even faster, it would probably should have its blur effect lol Also as they are huge, they really interferes with view. At some point you are unsure if rain on windshield, or the wipers themselves are hindering view more. Also I am bugged by non-existing inertia of the wipers, or unlimited wiper motors power. The just change direction with completely no slowdown, having constant velocity they looks unrealistic. I wish speed one would actually be speed two. And speed one would be much slower than now. because first of all you don't even need this speed, at least in rF2 now, perhaps in real life wiper has to wipe the screen three times per second, I don't know, for us it seems like once per two seconds is enough.
    • Recently reduced lockups and flatspot effects severity is double thing for this car. This is the car which will have plenty of lockups and will be difficult to avoid flatspots. Not really feeling them with this car is good, because you will experience more comfort in simulation, and not going to be as annoyed. But it is negative thing even more IMO because now you can abuse tire safely on braking, because you won't feel much of a flatspot anyway. I had numerous significant flatspots, and I just rolled with it, noticed nothing, other than idea "oh I really have flatspotted them", but then forgotten it ten seconds later, and then again, and again. I think it is good decision not to have flatspots too brutal, but it has to get at least slightly annoying if you really get them flatspots big, I dont feel them at all, and that is immersion breaker to me, and also that makes proper braking lets rewarding, and actually makes tires abusing a bit rewarding, as long as you don't have them worn out in general.

Ok. So I really liked the car, and my expectations were not right. It may not be as perfect as modern LMP cars, and thank god, thats why IMO it has soul, and it is more of a car than a spaceship which I feel passion about. It actually brings me hope that hypercars class could be more savage than usual, I mean it might not be boring :D

I would still prefer road version though :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Nice Post and Informative. I skimmed it but was Interested.

I want to get these cars as I have saved up steam gift vouchers specifically to buy rf2 Content. I'm just waiting for this whole ui era to fan out and see what direction the sim actually heads in. It is a frustrating yet an exciting time for rf2. The future really does await us.

I've been harsh on rf2 lately only because it is my fav sim but I've seen it drop behind last few years. The rebirth of rf2 will be amazing I'm sure.

11. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Huge post but i agree on some points
    *Like i also HATE underpowered Gt cars (ACC i'm looking at you)

*The one with soft tyres explanation is really spot on and exactly how i feel infact i would go even further by saying regardless of tyre compound in any new or old car the grip loss is way too progressive and regains grip smoothly THIS is where ACC tyre model is extremely superior the punishment for overdriving.
    Here in RF2 when i slide in high aero car it feels same as sliding a low aero car generally. Which is unrealistic(IMO) because in aero cars if you slide even little bit extra the ground effect thingy(diffuser and splitter) loses constant and stable air flow and this should cause abrupt loss of traction and even abrupt regain of traction(in some cases not always generally you would spin out)
    While driving upto limits is very good in rf2 but once you start to overdrive the flaws come forward.
    Edit: I don't know about you guys but IMO AMS punishes(hence rewarding) more and is bit more scary over the limits, do you guys feel the same?

12. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Similar thoughts here about the car behavior over the limit possibly being too easy. I don't really know how these cars behave in reality tought.

13. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Generally no one knows but just ask your self this question->>

Is this all the skills are required to tame a race car especially F1 and lmp cars ?(since they have light weight and high power).

IMO driving the car quickly around circuits only doesn't mean you are absolutely best but those who can overdrive with ease and control over the limit consistently is true skills.

14. dufrene

dufrene Registered

GT3:
    [​IMG]

GTE:
    [​IMG]

Not the same 3D : different spoiler height and size, different diffuser, location of the refueling, wheel well vent on the gt3,...

Other than that, the real GT3 and GTE are pretty similar. It apparently exists a kit to convert a GT3 to GTE and vice-versa.

Emery and Patrick Schumacher like this.
  15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep, costs around $200,000 for each car and took 5 people 5 hours to do the change.
    If I'm not mistaken the F488 is very similar too but I'm not sure if there is a kit for that.
    The talks about merging GTE and GT3 started exactly because the cars are getting more and more similar every new version.
    Honestly wonder what is the % of sim racers that watch real life racing, it seems they lack some very basic knowledge about these cars which should be common to everyone that spent a minute watching

16. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

little feedback on the pack, I didn't drive much but the aston looks good even the sound is convincing!
    for the Senna GTR real missile, a terror on circuit, very pleasant on the other hand once again not at all convinced by the internal and especially external sound!!! really something must be done for the sound immersion for rf2!

Ozzy likes this.
  17. Placido

Placido Registered

[​IMG]

J7166, Ozzy, Levelup1 and 1 other person like this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

My reasoning for claiming the car was the GT3 model was due to the location of the position number plate on the windscreen when all the rest of the GTE cars have the plate located on the side.
    Add to that, the decal on the center of the steering wheel clearly states GT3.
    Refueling location can be reversed to either side in all GT style cars due to some tracks having fueling come from the left or right side of the car. Generally the refueling location is in the same position along the side of the car, just left or right side. (Porsche excepted of course)
    I don't see the refueling location on the GTE image so I'm just assuming it's on the other side.
    I know if you placed a real GTE next to a real GT3, both unpainted without the number plates etc. I probably could not tell the difference. I'm just looking for some consistency so that the new GTE matches up with the rest of the available GTE cars.

I will also note, that all of the images I searched for the LED number plate location, showed the cars did NOT ha00000000ve them. At this year's prologue, only the 3 round lights on the rear fender were used by the cars preparing for the new round of the WEC.
    Also, I would ASSUME that sponsorship negotiations are a continuing process for the real life teams. The reference photos supplied to S397 may not have reflected all the images that end up on a car at any given event.

19. dufrene

dufrene Registered

I understand your point.They look similar but they are trully different, here are some ingame pics to proove it ;)

GTE front:
    [​IMG]

GT3 front:
    [​IMG]

GTE side :
    [​IMG]

GT3 side:
    [​IMG]

@Will Mazeo : Thanks for the precision :)

Edit: Where is the "Aston Martin GT3" written ? I cannot find it. Maybe they removed it ?

20. Corti

Corti Registered