Dear S397: Please, Please, Please.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Aug 17, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Release a GT4 DLC carpak so we can see all the same arguments from the Aston GTE comments.
    Pretty Please?????

jayarrbee36 and JimmyT like this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The most interesting with the GT4 is that they are cars less distant from road cars than other classic race cars.

S397 is looking for some consistency ...... and Marcel said that we will have either TCR or GT4 ........ it is very likely that we finally have these beautiful cars !!

And it is sure that everywhere on the web we will see people complaining about paying 3,5 euros per cars ........ AH AH

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I think forget about everything and have a full push on this bloody ui and get this out, there's going to be issues with that, that will take years to fix no doubt then we might actually get some fixes we need to enjoy the sim. Everything at the mome t seems rushed or half baked I imagine the team is stretched beyond all belief and stuff coming out pretty unpolished again.

Sry but I won't buy any more until I see that ui out and fixes to ai etc.. Plenty of other sims to play that offer just as much sim fun and believability. Sorry team but please get this sim in order.

p.s I have no issue with paid dlc their price or content, and I WILL buy them when the sim is in a place where I think investment seems worth while. Sorry

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  4. bwana

bwana Registered

I think you know the UI is coming and when it does you will buy the DLC , resources may be stretched , have you considered that money from DLC may help employ more people to repair bugs ? One way or the other you will get both and your protest won’t change anything ?

avenger82 likes this.
  5. filippu

filippu Registered

Same argument that has been given for nearly three years.
    They can't release a car without bugs. They can't release a patch/update without breaking something : what makes you think that somehow, after selling DLC for a couple of years (= banking good money), the bug fixes will miraculously happen ?

DustySticks and RoboCAT10 like this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Aren't you tired of complaining? I am sure your other perfectly polished products will give you less frustration. So maybe it's time to take a time off and look how it works out for you in a few months.

avenger82 and bwana like this.
  7. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

There's a legitimate concern here about how S397 have gone about introducing this content. The Senna/AstonGTE pack feels very much like "we don't know what else to do, better make it a pack" than a clearly thought out strategy. I don't feel that $5 is a bad price for a piece of individual content, its the fact that we have now fragmented the user base over having all of the GTE content should anyone want to set up a multiplayer competition. In my mind, one of the whole reasons for S397 delivering their own high quality content was to put everyone back into a position where they weren't hunting around for what content they need in order to compete online; it wasn't really the fact that it was high quality in and of itself. iRacing do this right, in that you don't need to "own" all content to take part in an event, you only need to "own" the content you are going to be driving. This same approach should have been attempted by S397 (maybe Steam just doesn't allow for it) but now they've got the problem back in spades. If the UI/Competition infrastructure gets release now, likely many servers are going to hit you up with "you don't own that content" messages and people aren't going to be able to race.

As regards future content, I'm sure there will be an attempt to go get the HyperCars when they arrive. The only LMP1s it makes sense to get are the couple of privateer ones that exist; they could arguably try to get another LMP2 such as the Ligier or Dallara but these are already out of favour in the real world. We've now got a good selection of GTE and GT3 cars, but there's always going to be updates/new additions and retirements and some brands you just can't get ahold of. This has probably gone as far as it needs to right now. So GT2 (which as I understand it, will be higher-performance cars engine wise but with simpler aero and placed between GTE and GT3 for privateers) and GT4 are logical areas to develop, as is TCR. To be honest I don't much like the multi-class combos of GT4+TCR. But there's plenty of scope for development of this content over the next year or two, while we wait for HyperCars; so no real issue with the pipeline of content slowing down, which is their primary source of income. The other source of income potential is.... paid competitions. <runs and hides>

TheGame316 likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I guess I should have included <sarcasm> .... </Sarcasm> surrounding my original post. Good thoughts have been shared in the following posts, just not by my original intention ;>

JimmyT likes this.
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

And what's your strategy knowing the content system as it exists right now? Adding both of the cars for free would be the only other option right now wich might turn out to be a financial problem when we consider that those two cars are world exclusives (if I am not completely off the mark). And that's the whole strategy behind them next to expanding the GTE stuff and the endurance side of things in general. And you still get those two cars for less than a single iRacing car, wich makes that argument quite misleading. If you can afford an iRacing car and if that is really your benchmark, then where is the problem to get those two for your league races?

Mind you, I haven't bought the content yet because it doesn't interest me enough to varant the price currently, but everyone is free to do what ever they want. I just don't get the constant worries about prices and fragmentation and 7 Euro for two cars isn't too expensive in the grand scheme of sim racing. If people can't afford those few euro incase it's really needed for league races they might have more important stuff to do than sim racing, otherwise paying the fees for energy might be a problem. This might sound arrogant, but I am not rich by any means and still have a few bucks left for my hobbies and I know when budget is thight. There have been enough DLCs to get a picture of how the pricing for cars and tracks will look for the upcomming stuff so it doesn't make sense to wait on something like in iRacing that might never come. Make up your mind now guys and get in touch with your league admins incase that there are issues with the content selection. There are sales coming up aswell so stay relaxed and buy it if you really need/want it, otherwise wait if money is an issue. It's really that simple.

10. bwana

bwana Registered

Begs the question, if you believe this, why are you here? Loki isn’t buying this DLC ...YET ... as he is waiting for the UI . Does that make any sense if you plan to buy the DLC after inevitable UI release or before? Guess the only advantage would be buying during a sale and saving the cost of a cup of coffee .

11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

There fixed it for you. Ironically S397 didn't need to release a GT4 pack to get your desired result. :oops:

davehenrie likes this.
  12. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

S397 needs to employ some Polish workers, if they don't already (especially in the QA dept), so that they can successfully refute all the claims that the DLC's are unPolished...;)

13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Just to clarify on bwana post I would buy the dlc if I am happy with the direction of development after the ui. If it focuses on sp and ai I will buy the dlc. To reiterate I have no issue with the dlc OK there a wrong name or vent here and there but they dont ruin the driving feel. But I don't touch rf2 now as sp is broken or just plain boring why would I buy the cars for something I won't use.

14. filippu

filippu Registered

You have nothing useful to say (as usual), so you play the fanboy card defending the poor studio. It emphasizes that you have nothing to reply to a perfectly valid post.

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Polish here. Tried it. Wasn't exactly welcomed. Banned. ;)

16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

And what is your argument? Calling people fanboys and getting personal because you have no other arguments? If I was a fanboy I wouldn't play the rest of the sims and I would have bought every DLC for rF2. Hell, I even spent more money on other sims compared to rF2. If that isn't a sign that I am one big rF2 hater ... :)

17. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

The issue isn't necessarily the cost; I already stated I find $5 reasonable as a per-item cost. And if you are a league racer, and the league runs that car, you'll probably buy it. But you might still be buying it just because you have to, not because you intend to drive it which is surely annoying. No, my big concern is with any future 'public' servers, fully open competition, not leagues. You go to do an S397 Endurance racing session, see GTE cars, join and it says you don't have the content and have to buy more to join. I can't think of much else that would piss me off more than that. It's the same issue we had with mod content; do I have the right ones, am I missing something, do I have the right version etc. etc. that they've now recreated.

The original concept of the "packs" was it gave you everything to race in a given series or class. Yes, I know we have 2 GT3 packs. But they've now randomly created another "pack", or 2 unrelated vehicles, simply to provide a mechanism to do a discount. iRacing have stayed away from doing packs, for just this reason. You can't ever say a pack is "done", unless, you do it like R3E as "season packs" where you get say all DTM 2019season cars in one pack. It doesn't work for tracks, this way, or you end up with overlapping packs. So iRacing go with a simple 'volume discount' i.e. buy X pieces, get Y discount (or own Z pieces, get Z discount). This eliminates the overlap problem.

In general S397 have done a decent job so far in knowing what you are buying and why: Endurance Pack = LMP2 + GTE, 2 GT3 packs, F-E Pack (though that was very weak in terms of tracks, and the Gen1-Gen2 transition was a bit off). I understand its a licensing risk to say, pay $20 and license 3 cars and you may or may not get a 4th or 5th if we license them. They did a good job getting 3-4 licenses per pack and releasing them all together, up to now, but it seems that model may be going away. Will they be able to repeat it for GT4 and TCR? Or will we end up with more random packs solely for discount purposes?

18. Emery

Emery Registered

I doubt that marketing model will be going away. Especially if they release a TCR pack. They'll use the marketing model that suits the content.

19. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

I don't understand the Complains about the Packs.
    For example the last Pack, with the Aston and the Mclaren, you should be happy that you can buy both Cars for 7,-€.
    And you also can buy each Car separately, for a bit higher Price, of course.
    And it's the same thing with all other Packs.
    For me, Packs are a welcome Possibility to buy Content with lower Costs, than i would have to pay, if i would have to buy it Piece by Piece.