Released New!!!! Two Strong Pack (McLaren Senna GTR / The Aston Vantage GTE)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 16, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Quality Control:
    the led Position plate is located on the windscreen, not the side which was the location for all previous GTE cars. (indicating this is clearly the GT3 model with GTE physics)
    The Steering wheel center even lists the car as the Aston Martin Vantage GT3.
    Considering the Aston had some of the worst reviews of the S397 DLC cars concerning the 3d model, it seems an odd choice to have just reused that same GT3 3d model.
    The new 2019 Factory Aston skin was well done, no complaints there. In-car items like traction control and fuel mixture worked properly.
    However the slip lights on the dash, which I'm guessing should flash/blink when traction is lost, merely mimic'd the final few rpm lights.(a problem carried over from the GT3 car)
    I would hope that before you take the car to the SimRacing Expo, you can update the chassis to have a properly located position number lights and re-texture the steering wheel to indicate this is Niki Thimm's 2019 Aston, not the 2018 GT3 variant.
    (now watch, the led position lights might be customizable in the tuning screens...should have checked there first....)anyone know?

Marisa, VirusGR42, Ronnie and 3 others like this.
  2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Bought, Downloaded, Had a drive, Loved it.
    The Senna is a rocket. When do we get the Brabham BT62??;);) it would be a perfect match :rolleyes:

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The model itself is fine. The mapping, Not so great. But you can say the same for every single car. Some off the mapping is third rate amateur work you don't see on third party cars. I guess people doing it for free have better quality control.

The livery is not that well done. Check photos from the real one.

Position plates on all the GT3 GTE cars are only on, off. Stupid point is the AI still display them if your car dose not. No point to the option in that respect.

4. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Sure but the current LMP2 is too fast, when the Hypercars should be able to run approx. 3:30 during the race. There is no adjustment of the LMP2-class atm and the Senna is now killing the Orecas on track...perhaps the Senna is no Hypercar we will see next year in the endu championship.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The Slip Lights is a Feature yet to be added to the Sim, hence for the time being they mimic the Revs.

davehenrie and juanchioooo like this.
  6. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I asked David Brabham about the BT62 in game. He has someone else in charge of licensing, so he was not sure, however I believe it may be licensed to another platform

7. TJones

TJones Registered

A bit of mixed emotions after some first test laps yesterday. On the positive side good looking cars from the outside, thanks to PBR. Also very nice cockpit of the Senna. The sound's of both cars i would also place on the positive.

Negative however, i found the pretty wide tire limit which doesn't seems to suit to those GTR/Hypercar models with race slicks. Something i could recognice for quite a while, more or less with different cars. Seems to be worsen with the, (very well balanced i have to admit) McLaren Senna, but also the AM with TC on 4, is very easy to powerslide out of Stowe (Silverstone). While i don't think following is realistic, but i really hope S397 would take a additional closer look on the tires.
    Still the limited dash functionallity, lack of active aero system for the Senna, doesn't suit well to a these days race car simulation.
    Keep in mind this is only a first impression after some twenty laps (for both cars) or so.

Korva7 likes this.
  8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

That is limited due to the upgrades system and can be fixed/avoided by using the fixed upgrades functionality, because by default, the ai always uses the first option of each available upgrade.

9. Travis

Travis Registered

Very happy with the DLC despite a few minor issues.

I cannot understand the angst over the pricing as most of us own hundreds or thousands worth of hardware!

Grey, Levelup1, muzikant and 5 others like this.
  10. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We use references that come direct from the manufacturer.

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I don't have the car though I would buy it if it wasn't for the fact that I have no interest in the Mclaren and Aren't prepared to pay 2 thirds the prize for one car.
    But there are enough screenshots around to see the difference.
    upload_2019-8-17_21-31-59.png upload_2019-8-17_21-32-32.png
    The AM version.
    upload_2019-8-17_21-34-20.png

12. Christopher Elliott

We don't use screenshots, we use references from the manufacturers. Period ;)
    Then please move on.

Prodigy, D Nichols, Filip and 16 others like this.
  13. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

I have no idea why today is scolded again and again and everything is broken, just because it is not perfect enough.

What made S397 from Rfactor 2, I think terrific.
    When I think about the chaos the Sim had in the beginning, Studio 397 did a fantastic job here.
    What is created to DLC, some of which are also free, I am thrilled that I have bought the Sim.
    I personally think the new pack class. I would be happy if the headlights in the spoiler from the AMV are made to shine ... that would be the cream cap!

and when I think about how much money I spend on hobby in the sand, so the money is well spent here. The quality I think is great, synonymous why not every skin a photo is the same. Here, the good skin creators can certainly help and improve. This is community
    and enjoy the simulation.

my 5 cent

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    bwana, Levelup1, Ricardo Diz and 2 others like this.
  14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Just use the link, log into your Steam account and follow the next steps on the webpage. You don´t have to deal with the Steam client

15. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

for the AM GTE, is there only the number 95 skin or also a 97 one? (to create a le mans grid ;) )

16. Moritz Hengelhaupt

Moritz Hengelhaupt Registered

Great cars, love them!
    Just a few questions:
    Will DRS be added for the Senna?I‘d get why it won’t come but it’s weird having it on the dash then imo.
    And will we get more real live liveries for the Aston? I mean #97 and #98 shouldn’t be hard to get as they are the same team as #95. And the TF-Sports liveries looks fantastic as well. Much prefer real live liveries over the fictional as they are quite boring tbh

17. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

If you don't want any plates on, you would have to go to the Tuning Menu, turn it off and then hit the "Force Setup". That should force that upgrade to all the cars on that particular track. I haven't tested with that item specifically, but it works for Indycar when a track loads an incorrect package (Road Course kit at an oval track).

18. txinas

txinas Registered

Aston martin GTE 2019.

Aston martin GTE 2018.

Only one thing. Compare the cockpit and see the control panel. In the 2017 the botonbox in the interior are diferent and in the 2019 the wheel is diferent. So the car that studio put in steam is in my opinion the Gt3 car with GTE physic.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  19. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Registered

Does anyone else hear the "washing machine" sound that loops in the Senna? I think it's tied in with the wind effects, it's very annoying. Any ideas on how to fix it?

20. Christopher Elliott

Once again, please. We use refs direct from manufactures, and they approve it.
    This car went through a normal development phase like any other car, physics and 3D. We did not just plug in the GT3 and call it a GTE car, I can personally assure you of that!
    Let's stop with all these assumptions :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019