[WIP] CART 1985

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Nov 16, 2018.

1. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

2. jymp

jymp Registered

Fine looking Lola ya have there Sir

3. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

4. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    JoeP1, djvicious, FuNK! and 2 others like this.
  5. djvicious

djvicious Registered

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I made some space on my google drive. Hopefully this will help some other painters if anybody else wants to step up.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JS7b6Dxv2ymUmJC2imPWC_JvbIdDL0Lw

I have a Docs document up with the way that I see the work in progress. Folders for pics that I have gathered so far.

I just looked at the model of the Lola, and that seems even better than the March! Great job Chief! Looking forward to being able to race with it

ChiefWiggum, JoeP1 and Corti like this.
  7. JoeP1

JoeP1 Registered

The #55 Machinists cars are both done with the exception of a missing logo on the Indy version. MachinistsIndy.JPG MachinistsRoad.JPG
    The dds & psd files(along with final versions of the #40 cars) are here:https://workupload.com/archive/MTqW4sS

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    pascom, GeraArg, GPNeville and 2 others like this.
  8. JoeP1

JoeP1 Registered

Nice work on the Lola Chief! Anyone doing the Domino's Pizza car?

9. Chris Lesperance

All yours! I'm finishing up a side skin. I should have that wrapped up in a day or two and then I'll be back on Indy 85 duty with the Lola.

@djvicious were you thinking of doing the #43 AMI John Paul Jr car? Otherwise I can pick that one up next for you to start on the Arie Lola.

10. djvicious

djvicious Registered

@Chris Lesperance I was planning to do 43, but how about you take #43 and I'll start Arie. The reason I called dibs so quickly is last year I did a model kit of his 1988 car and the livery is nearly identical. It was a miserable kit from 1989 and most of the decals melted but I thought the engine details turned out nicely :/

Chris were you still planning to compile all the skins into a pack? No rush, I just wanted to see them in action and my attempts at creating separate files have been disastrous!

11. Chris Lesperance

That plan sounds good to me! I'm just finishing up one other skin project and I'll start work on this. I'll probably do another skin upload when I get the John Paul car done. That way all the 500 Marches are together. This one may take a bit as I think I'm going a have to make all the logos :confused:

Anybody have an idea of these?
    DRB_5387[1] (2).jpg
    It looks like the race version has several more, but there isn't any way for me to make them out
    DRB_4562[1].jpg

Two other items.
    - On the last pack ive uploaded, did all the cars appear in everyone's list? I noticed on mine that I had to rename the Dick Simon and Emerson Fittipaldi cars to "Dick Simon85.rcd" and "Emerson Fittipaldi85.rcd" in order to work. I think I have a duplicate name interfering. I might have to add the 85 to everyone just to avoid conflicts.

-For Chief - Looking at the site for the March (https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2015/...take-1985-cart-championship-heads-to-auction/), on the cockpit shot, there is two levers on the left side. That is onboard control of the Anti Roll bars. I don't think that is modeled on the physics side. Can you add that in your next March update (and Lola too!)? If I can get the skin done in time, you should be able to add the skins into that package to avoid the first item I listed :)

12. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

you mean this?
    [​IMG]

lbird and Hazi like this.
  13. Chris Lesperance

Yes and no. I meant more of the physics, it isn't adjustable with cockpit controls. I believe it is just a line in the .hdv that would allow it
    20190815173715_1.jpg

GeraArg likes this.
  14. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

Steam Version is updated

Newman Haas Lola T900, Mirror Fix for the March and new Physic Update

15. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Great update @ChiefWiggum ! The cars feel a lot more drivable now without the random boost surge exiting a corner. The different boost settings now make a big difference too, where you can take a few warmup laps on boost setting 2-3. I also noticed the tires heat up more accurately, without the middle of the tread making all the contact.

Only bad thing I'll notes is that (on the Lola at least) the front suspension is not showing up in VR.

16. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

hmmm, so you can see the frontwing but not the Suspension?

17. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Correct. If you 'lean over and forwards, you can see the wing and just the wheels, but no suspension/brakes/ducts.

18. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

ok, maybe I have a Idea, but I can't test it. I don't have a VR

19. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

hmmm, this is strange, for me there is only the Carbody, Wheels, Brake Discs, Calipers and the Front Wing. No Suspension, and when I look back there is no Rear Wing and no Rear Tires. This is only from Cockpit View.

20. djvicious

djvicious Registered