Aston GT3 Setups WFG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe.Mc, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Joe.Mc

Joe.Mc Registered

Hey, anyone fancy sharing setups for the aston in the wfg competition? interested to see how others tune the car and see if i can learn anything from other peoples setups

slatanek likes this.
  2. slatanek

slatanek Registered

that would be nice, but I don't think anyone will actually share what they've got :rolleyes: I use a set from another post about aston baseline setup.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Whats possible with actual default ?

4. Joe.Mc

Joe.Mc Registered

i currently have a 59.1 with default but im not the fastest so theres definitely a 58 but with default setup i dont see a 57, maybe there is but im not sure i'd just like to see what people use but i get its a big qualifier event so i dont really expect anyone to share

Leynad likes this.
  5. Leynad

Leynad Registered

That's nowhere i can go with this shitty default-setup and probably not even with an alien one. I just tweaked my Silverstone-setup to a more bump-forgiving for Sebring and would like to know, what it can do. Never had so much grip with so little downforce and it's actually a conversion from an alien-setup i fetched for the Porsche. Shouldn't work for the Aston in theory, but seems even better with it...:D

Attached Files:

slatanek likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Default should mean default. I'm assuming you changed to soft tyres and took fuel out? Anything else?

I've made only those changes and am 4 seconds away from a low 59. That's more than I'd like, but I haven't driven these much and haven't driven the track since about 2008 so hopefully can reduce that gap...

7. Joe.Mc

Joe.Mc Registered

i'll give your one a try ahaha the bumps are a nightmare especially on the last corner, lost it there so many times its so unforgiving

yeah my bad i swapped to softs and had 20L of fuel and i found that weirdly dropping both front and rear tyre pressures to minimum made like a second difference not even joking lmao

slatanek likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, I saw there was plenty of room with tyre pressures, will give that a go too. It's not that weird for a single lap, more rubber on the road gives more grip, but it'll hurt over race distances. (and rF2 doesn't do delamination, so no danger of that)

9. slatanek

slatanek Registered

I'm doing mid 2:01.XX consistently with the default. With your setup I'm doing low 2:00.XX ocassionally high1:59.XX so it definetly suits my driving style better than the default. Thank you for sharing the set! :)

Leynad likes this.
  10. slatanek

slatanek Registered

I've noticed everybody recommends lowest tyre pressure possible in rf2 (two or three clicks higher for the front). Within two relatively quick laps the pressures go from 140kpa to almost 170kpa. It seems that around 165-170kpa is the desired operating pressure. Just my observations so take it with a pinch of salt.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

lol 2:06.3ish with the low air pressure setups. I raised the front air pressure 2kpa and lowered the wing one notch to P3.

12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I think looking at racing lines might help as well. I did a 1:59.1 with the default. But to help you guys, here is my hotlap (good for 30th)

It includes telemetry ;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Don't worry, when I'm 4 seconds off the pace I happily assume at least 3.2s of that is my driving :p

14. slatanek

slatanek Registered

Thx it's appreciated.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thanks @TCLF , I can see a couple of corners where I forgot to use all the space (I automatically limit myself to the white lines with all 4 tyres, despite knowing the usual rule being 2 tyres...). The rest is exactly the same as what I'm doing, just faster everywhere :D

16. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Then I'd say, do the same but just as fast (don't go faster, I don't want to end up outside the top 40 )

Glad my video has helped though. It makes me continue to make more videos, will probably do for McLaren shadow as well.

17. Joe.Mc

Joe.Mc Registered

would you be willing to share your setup for this? i cant beat my own time and i have no idea where to start with changing things on the setup other than what i already did

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

19. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Default setup with soft tyres, minimum pressures, TC/ABS adjustments and most basic ARB adjustments is already more than capable of 1.57.high.

The laptime consists of 85% driving, 10% adjusting setup balance according to what imperfections you experience yourself with your driving style and 5% of some specific settings that simply are faster over the hotlap.

There might be lots of laptime in it on cars with more aero that require delicate ride height work and also older mods which can gain grip with extreme cambers and other values, but the latest S397 mods have a very wide working range.

So my tip is to stop obsessing with setup, stay close to default values and get obsessed on driving.
    Finding laptime from using all of the track and perfecting driving techniques requires real work, methodology and analysing, even more than setup building. Just grinding laps like an RPG will not get you to the top and tinkering with setup before you have perfected your driving will lead you to wrong results anyway.

slatanek and Remco Majoor like this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Obviously the hands are the first, but 10% the setup for me is not true, a good setup helps a lot, with a good setup you can improve up to 1 second or 1.5 seconds, so the setup is not 10%, another thing is that with the same set you are much faster than me, ... by the way, I do not obsess with rfactor, I just enjoy it:):):);)