CS-closed World Fastest Gamer 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Aug 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starscream

starscream Registered

my registration dates back to September 2018, I registered with a nickname and not with my real name. now I want to change it but I can't.
    I can't delete it
    I can't even disconnect it from the steam account to which it refers.
    can someone explain to me?

2. slatanek

slatanek Registered

maybe a noob question but do we need to record replays of our laps for checks?or will it be done with telemetry and the likes?

3. Hank Sun

Hank Sun Registered

are plug-ins (like simhub) allowed?

4. You cant change it in our competition system. We expect drivers to actually read and understand "First name" and "Last name"
    Send me a message which user and steam64id you have then i can get a dev to find you. But please read the rules next time, even if it was a year ago.

5. No, we see the stuff we need in our system.

6. Unless the plugin gives you an unfair advantage (such as cheating...) you can. Simhub is fine, not sure how much it helps you - since the more one have on the screen the less focused you are on actually driving. But each to their own

7. tagada83

tagada83 Registered

Hello, is it normal that the views are blocked? It's impossible for me to change my mind, is it on Iracing?

8. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

It is locked to cockpit view. This is the only view you can use.
    This Simulator race software, in my opinion, should not have any other view at all.

bwana, VelvetTorpedo, Emery and 3 others like this.
  9. It is indeed locked to cockpit view.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  10. tagada83

tagada83 Registered

No other views? That it is strange for a game. To be there, it would also be necessary to impose the material, that everyone is equal, then to make age groups, there also to balance the performances without forgetting to impose also the kind of PC you need, the number of screens or the VR?

11. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I made another post about it here; https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-24-hours-of-le-mans.63349/page-9#post-992400

Ho3n3r likes this.
  12. Filip

Filip Registered

In that case 2D single screens should not be allowed because it is not realistic

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

We drive simulation from behind the car or from the roof hahahaha:D:D:D:D

14. slatanek

slatanek Registered

No one's forcing you to play it. If you don't like it just don't play it.
    It's like complaining that a third person perspective game doesn't have a first person perspective camera. Cockpit view is the only logical choice for racing sims - when u drive irl you don't hover behind your car, you're not laying on the bonnet or roof of the car. Try playing with FOV and seat position, this isn't locked afaik so there's plenty adjustment available.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  15. tagada83

tagada83 Registered

Of course, no one forces them to play in the imposed conditions. It's just a shame to want to impose on others something that is not indispensable. It excludes a good part of the players without good reason. But hey, it does not matter at all, just a pity.

16. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

I didn’t say realistic that’s your words. I know that when i drive a vehicle it is in drivers seat behind windshield.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Competition says don't cross lines, competition says cockpit view. Discussion belongs elsewhere.

Ho3n3r and Vance Le Garde like this.
  18. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Lazza, I've read a lot of your posts (okay only a small percentage of the over 6000!) and have always agreed.

However, no where in the original post or competition page was it mentioned that cockpit view is required and where would a more appropriate place be for discussion than here in the official competition discussion thread.

We all know (or should by now) that it won't change, but I don't see why it can't be discussed or debated in a civil way.

And just so my position is clear, I agree with cockpit view only.

tagada83 likes this.
  19. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

If this was something like forza, that would be true. But in competitive sim racing I have seen nearly no drivers that use another view than cockpit.
    This is a hardware thing, where it's hard to force people to pay 800 euro's for a VR headset, when some can't even use it, as they get motion sick.

20. What does that have to do with cockpit view... And yes you need to be over 18 and speak english...
    I guess you do not have a 3 monitor setup and think you will be faster with one... i have well more than 3 and i use a single monitor when i do simracing, just because i see enough and dont have to have the monitor plastered with trackmap, huds, temps etc etc ;)
    So that is not an excuse - adapting is a good thing, especially if you consider what the final prize is on this one.
    It does not tell driver they need an internet connection, nor does it state the server is on static rubber. There are things that does not need to be explained ;)

Ho3n3r and Vance Le Garde like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.