PLEASE FIX the gearbox... please!

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by JRS, Aug 3, 2019.

1. JRS

JRS Registered

At least start with the GT3/GTE/LMP2/3 and implement some kind of DSP. I'm watching some of the in car footage of races and the downshifting into corners, which people are doing rapid fire, is allowing unrealistic corner entry, which in turn is leading to unrealistic lap times.

I've accidentally hit Neutral rapid shifting. I don't think that's normal behavior either.

RRRE is an old, old engine already and even they have some kind of reasonable gearbox modeling. Certainly you must have learned something from working with the AMS people. They have at least something as well.

2. JRS

JRS Registered

Now I find the 'Wish List' section... Can an admin move this please and thank you.

3. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Considering that Marcel said that it was him who created/worked on the gearbox modeling in AMS, I think there's a good chance that something at least as good will be in rF2 eventually. It's just a matter of priorities.

JRS likes this.
  4. JRS

JRS Registered

Didn't know that. That's even better. At least it gives me hope. One thing about the AMS gearbox I didn't like was cars like the Classic and Vintage F1, which did use 'Dog Box' type transmissions need to be more forgiving for clutchless shifts through some kind of better rev matching..I mean, look at old video pre-paddle shifting. Especially qualifying vids. Senna, PIquet, a few others just abuse the gearboxes often not using the clutch for either upshift or downshifts and they were somewhat able to withstand it. Upshifts for sure.

slatanek likes this.
  5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In the Controller.JSON, found here: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player
    find this option:
    "Stop Sequential if Neutral Configured":1,
    "Stop Sequential if Neutral Configured#":"whether configuring neutral prevents sequential shifts into neutral from 1=1st, 2=reverse, 3=both, or 0=neither",
    If you have the Neutral command assigned to a button/key in your controller settings then the only way to select neutral is with that button/key and not whatever you have assigned for up/down shifts.

The Iron Wolf likes this.