Nordschleife

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason Mullin, Feb 15, 2019.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Discord & Forums deserve their own place on the internet, no format is any better or worse than the other as they do their own things so differently.
    Forums are like a good old Library, you can go to them for Information with a quick use of the Search Button, sometimes dating back years but the information may still be relevant for what you need to know. They're great for written articles, interviews, Screenshots and of course up and coming or already released Cars & Tracks.
    Discord is great for general chit chat on the fly, got a quick question? the Devs may be around to answer. Wanna chat to mates in real time whilst racing? Discord has that covered with user specific rooms & servers.

Essentially it's no different from the mid to late 1990s when IRC (Internet Relay Chat) & Forums co-existed, they both served their own purpose back then just as Discord & Forums do today.

vittorio likes this.
  2. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

Back to topic I expect a deploy with roadmap but also is possible an statement about releases coming after august. Between these two options "not so obiously" I prefer the first one wich is no schedule surprises and stay on plan revealed in interviews a month ago. I more of that opinion of release and get the feedback of update that polishing things in lab until everything is perfect and the planets are aligned.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  3. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Already posted this in News & Notification, but have to post this here too since it seems to be a big issue:
    To those saying Forum is official and Discord is not. Where did you get that? Discord is as official as Forum is, there is an official rF2 Discord server! It's only a different way of communicating with its pros and cons. Like pro Forum: searchable even after years. or pro Discord: a lot faster interaction between users and developers.

Why not simply use both Forum and Discord?
    To join rF2 Discord simply use this invitation:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/come-join-our-rfactor-2-discord-channel.53775/

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    vegaguy5555, memoNo1 and David Kolody like this.
  4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

You're always looking out for us Vittorio!
    Your icon suits you perfectly!

vittorio likes this.
  5. vittorio

vittorio Registered

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Forum must definitely be more official than Discord.

But that also may be the reason why stuff comes here later.

Anyway... as my prophecy actually failed about Nords release date. Perhaps anyone want to guess better this time ? :D

I am now guessing that it will be a week after simexpo :D

7. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I guess it will drop in during the expo. Together with the UI, Competition and new content. Afterwards rF2 is a different game.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Gotta have something to match up with the Senna, gotta have the track, gotta get the cockpit PBR shaders someday, gotta get the online fixes, gotta give some fancy-smancy presentation, etc etc

9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think so, but I'm disappointed, because based on what Marcel had said about the Nürburgring and the new UI, I really thought the release deadlines were around the end of July.

Never mind !! :)

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  10. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I'm sure when it is released we all are so much impressed that everything is fine and the time we waited for doesn't play any role anymore.
    Sometimes it's hard to wait but this is perhaps the most important track for many fans and for s397 maybe too. The latest pic from the pits looks absolutely amazing to me.

DrivingFast and Levelup1 like this.
  11. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

Good work needs some time. Once it's there we can enjoy the new and better experience :)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  12. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I know it does not belong here.
    But there is a mega comfort pack! Magione is available in great shape.
    Also there is an old school Super Touring Mod. Has become genius. Have spent all the night with that stuff.
    In combination with Cadwell Park or Magione, the pain of the painful waiting is as good as gone .

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I just solved the pain by racing other sims now, few months without racing was already too much. Was about the time to race again, shame not in rF2 already.

I did a hour race in Nords + GP with GT2, over a hour of racing, without any practice, midfield result, but zero incidents, everyone else had a lot of incidents, so I felt almost like a winner lol having hardly less points than podium winners haha

Fun stuff, once it looked like I'll keep in close fight for whole hour, but a guy turned into pits and since then I had only few minor fights for a bit more than half of a race. Most would fly by, but later would be found crashed at some corner and did or did not catch up again.

Now that plus rain added, and glimpse of dawn/dusk, twice bigger grid and multiclass would be another level.

14. slatanek

slatanek Registered

rF2 needs laser scanned tracks more than anything else. Call me spoiled but after a couple of years in iRacing I can't stand anything else :( Not laser scanned tracks just feel off - the cambers of the road are weird and the surface lacks detail. Laser scanned tracks are the real revolution in sim-racing IMHO

memoNo1 likes this.
  15. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

1 thing i would like to see in upcoming updates is an option to save presets.
    For example 1 preset for use with a le mans race where you can setup cars,sessions etc.
    And another preset for a F1 race with specific sessions settings etc.

This way it would be easy to switch between races without setting everything up every time you want to play.

Patrick Schumacher and slatanek like this.
  16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554544322

slatanek likes this.
  17. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

From Discord in reply to "Any news about Nürburgring?":
    MarrsToday at 7:13 AM
    We're working on the graffiti and doing further optimizations right now.

Rony1984, Leynad, vegaguy5555 and 2 others like this.
  18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Thank you for these news.

GRRRRRRRR##%! &#
    These news should be given by S397 on the official forum, right here.

mr.Sw1tchblade and Max.B18 like this.
  19. Stevy

Stevy Registered

You're not wrong.
    But on the other side, how much "News" is that ?
    Perhaps if nobody would have asked, the devs wouldn't have told that by themself.
    So what if somebody here would have asked ?

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Top news: "we are working on it" haha