[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2018 v8.90 - FULL INSTALL UPDATED 24 MAR 2018

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Mar 6, 2019.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

It will be an update each fortnight adjusting the aero.....

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  2. Boomer20

Boomer20 Registered

Don't forget to add the towbar with caravan attached full of ballast :p

Really enjoy driving this mod, including the previous years ones as well, real handful but always entertaining. Probably haven't quite got to grips with them yet but fun none the less.

FlashQld and pkelly like this.
  3. Justifier

Justifier Registered

@FlashQld
    Hi Flash,
    I am not sure if this is to do with the latest rfactor small update that automatically installed (I think) last night or the fact that I installed and played the excellent Mak-Corp Group C Mod v1.1 a few days ago but when I went into the FVR 2018 mod last night and drove the Holden 888 car (which I have been driving from the start) all my mirrors (not the virtual ones) were not showing anything. They have previsouly been working for the last few months. After a lot of stuffing around with the numerous mirror controls using the shift, cntrl, alt and seat movement keys I eventually managed to get back the center mirror but the two side mirrors refuse to show an image. They sort of show a greyish/white colour and sometimes if I move around in the cockpit into odd positions (I am in Pimax VR) I can get them to flicker a correct reflection but anywhere near normal seating position and they show no reflection/image. The strange thing is that if I jump into the Ford I have all three mirrors (Centre and two Side mirrors) working off the bat. Can you think of anything I can try to fix this problem or is there maybe something I am missing?
    Thanks,
    Justifier

4. river

river Registered

5. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

If you read the instructions, it's all well and good doing one car but every car needs to be redone to do it properly and I haven't got that many hours, getting too old too fast :). Every livery aaaggghhh. Just too hard, however I'm open to set the car up so that one of them of each model has the potential for the end user to do it if that is possible. For example we set the car up with the new shaders which is pretty much standard and I think I have already done that but not to redo all the skins, that can be for some new younger person. If anything I might just have those settings for the new Mustang and adjust the Holden and Nissan as we are too far along with skins at this stage for the 2019 series.

bears, pkelly and Corti like this.
  6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

@Feralarri @FlashQld
    Can you please confirm/deny your 2018 mod is using (virtually) the same tires as in S397 GT3 and Endurance packs(and not the 2017 CPM 2.0 ones) ?
    @UnitedRacingDesign said that S397 still didn't make them available to modders and only the 2017 CPM 2.0 ones are publicly available. As you probably know in 2018 S397 made significant tire updates for Endurance Pack and then integrated them into GT3 packs, so I'd expect they would release (obscured version) in the tire database by now.

7. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

They were originally from the latest available publicly available tyre resource on the 397;website. They have been altered from there to suit our v8. They are originally a GT tyre with a few of the newer tyre features added. However they are not the same as the latest GT3 tyres as 397 to my knowledge has not released these as a modding tool.

FlashQld and avenger82 like this.
  8. river

river Registered

Yeah mate don’t need them two be done for the hole new 2019 skins I was more thinking have it set up so the programme can recognise it and we can make our own skins and it we’ll work with the programme cause at the moment when I have the programme on and have the car loaded it just says that it can’t load the car thanks all so for you reply mate cheers

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  9. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

If you gyus even did a copy of the std skin you have and rename it for the region file I think that works as stop gap with minimal work ;)

10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Yep, would be nice.

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Surely adding a red, green, blue, black and white region layer to the psd file is enough?

12. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Is it as simple as that? It's about 3 sections and 10 pages of reading. Does my head in. I will re-look at that. I'm just finalising the rain items which gave me weeks of grief last time. See my brain is getting too old.

13. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Hey Flash, it's only a wish on my part, not a game breaker.
    @AMillward I don't think it's that easy getting it into the mod.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

As always when someone says something we give it a go. I'm just trying to finalise the mod this month and like all big houses will do an update to add a few things afterwards. Gav is looking at the skin idea as it melds my brain. Pushing 60 this month aggghh.

Akela_DE likes this.
  15. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Once I have finished it - I will have more time to look at getting it right but I would like to get the cars out in a current state and have a small break.

16. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

No problems at all mate, like I said not a game breaker, I'm hoping to be around for a while, take all the time you need. :)
    Hoping you'll be around for a while too mate.:D

17. J853

J853 Registered

That's interesting, how different are the tyres to GT3, I have heard that they are much less grippy?

Is this a matter of altering things until the times match what is expected? Was this tricky with the rfactor 2 style physical model?

18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

V8 Supercars are achieving GT3 times at Bathurst these days, but the tyres last nowhere near as long. At places like Philip Island they get absolutely hammered.

19. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

The cars can be made much easier to race with appropriate setup. Also Super V8 are much heavier than gt3.

20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@AMillward if you compare this mod with the automobilista super cars which one is better
    imo ams does it better
    what is your opinion ?