Latest Roadmap Update - July 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Great to see, finally, that the stutter/lag/disconnect issues are being addressed. Pity it took an RF2 sanctioned event to get some action, but hopefully the issues will largely be fixed. Hanging out for Nordschleife, and hoping the Tatuus FT-50 frame rate issues can be looked at soon too. Would really like to see some more official cars from the 1970s in game (F1 1971?, 70s GT, Touring Cars) and 60's tintops (oh, to dream)...:cool:

lbird, pkelly, StrawmanAndy and 7 others like this.
  2. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Fantastic update, I'm really pleased that you've been committed to the fixes and it looks like you'll have nailed the majority of them. That stunning Senna is just the icing on the cake, I can't wait to take that thing for a spin!

Levelup1 likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

sigh...nothing.....just nothing about improving the grass.

But in other news. I think the online travails show one of the weaknesses of rF2. ISI did not fully understand timing when they coded the online portion of the sim, it seems. They did not invest in fully sorting out what they assumed was a fully functioning online subsection. S397 did not think to dig further, or didn't have the resources to fully crack open the online subsection. So the disaster of the 24hrs of LeMans may have been the best thing to happen to rF2.(and thus, to us as well)

Obbzy_XR_, F1 2004 and t0p5ecret like this.
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

Do not underestimate the power of debugging (read in Vader's voice).

5. Filip

Filip Registered

I wonder if frequency needed to be reduced from 400/2400 Hz

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It doesn't read that way. Perhaps someone can ask on Discord to confirm.

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Awesome a road car ! But it is not a road car, lets be honest lol. I hope it is exciting to drive.

Nice roadmap IMO. Can't wait for competition system + UI. Missing online racing badly.

slatanek likes this.
  8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Doesn't make sense to copy paste every single thing that's said everywhere, everywhere ;) The Roadmap itself is part of this site/forum, so there's that.
    Discord has it's unique purpose nowadays, it's useful as a rolling conversation with the user-base. Sometimes things are spontaneously relayed on Discord to answer a specific question that was asked. So it wasn't really meant as "news".

Corti, Spyro, pkelly and 1 other person like this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

There are also a few discord users that actually could and sometimes does bring those "news" back to forums. But who reads what for example I write here :D

I would much rather be trying to win online races in upcoming competition system though :D That would be quality time.

Looking forward for trying to master Sebring with Aston Martin GT3 from August 5 to 18.

10. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Looks like the rF24h crash might probably be the best thing that could've happened to us, rFactor2 fans :D

Badboy, Jeferson Richart and bwana like this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I thought the same thing. Though IMO it would be better for such things to happen internally before public usage. There also could be more reasons, and freezes might never leave rF2 completely, who knows. But that upgrade packages thing makes a great sense why rF24h had such unusual amount of it.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Unfortunately not every bug or issue is so easily found internally, not just for RF2 but for a whole plethora of games. More often than not once software reaches the wider public then more issues are found, because there's more machines it's used on, more configurations, more different "ways" for the software to break then any internal test team could search for.

Now you could argue that software Devs (not specially S397 but in general) could hold back updates until they are tested to the ends of the Earth, but even then not everything will be found and there has to be a cut off point eventually for release.

No software is perfect and RF2 is a prime example of that, but at least we know S397 are actively pursuing the issues at hand and fixing them thanks to the communities response both before and after the (unfortunate) RF24 Event. :)

13. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

this is cool and all but we have too many v8 in games as opposed to v12. Can we get pagani zonda R or as someone mentioned above mclaren F1 GTR especially the longtail UNRESTRICTED only though with nearly 900HP.
    Time to introduce some really fear inducing cars in sims.

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Have you ever tried the Spark F1 or Houston cars? Fear is their middle name :D

Obbzy_XR_, bwana, vittorio and 2 others like this.
  15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The lack of V12 in particular VS the V8 has been mentioned several times in the past on this forum.

I hope that will change !!

Slip_Angel likes this.
  16. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Yep
    yep love old f1 cars just because how slidable they are even IRL.
    There no such thing as power on understeer with these beasts as you can always neutralise it with RAW power instead of lifting off.
    What i was trying to say that we got plenty of gt cars while they are fun to drive but in simulator i want something that scares me like sauber c9 at 100% boost AC,pagani zonda R which will do wheel spin even in 3rd or maybe 4th ! etc.
    But enough with turbo v8.
    I want V12 mid engine cars only and lots of them f1 or anything other.

slatanek likes this.
  17. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Why don't we let our voices heard?
    How about let the devs know that we would rather have a proper mid engine v12 race cars instead of new ones.
    To me and i assume all of the sim players vehicle feels and sounds are the most crucial and top priority thing because i can tell for sure most of us will not even get a passenger lap let alone drive one let alone own one.(in my case even get to watch IRL because where i live).
    Keep efficiency and environment friendly cars for real life but in sim i want cars that will make me sweat and no modern gt cars can do that.

slatanek likes this.
  18. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Thanks for the Roadmap, nice that the errors were almost all found and nice that the other work goes on. It is a pity that we can not hear or see more from the UI or the Nordschleife. But, as I had already commented in previous roadmaps ... it makes sense to publish the Nordschleife on the Nordschleife ;-)

19. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

400 is ok, but 2400 on a stock win System is afaik not posible with possible timer resolutions. Even 400 is odd. You can only speculate how it is done, but its definitly a hack

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Grass? Really

Had to laugh at that one mate you kidding?