Does multipliers also affect AI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williang83, Jul 21, 2019.

1. williang83

williang83 Registered

Yesterday for the first time I tried log analyzer and I saw that my tire wear was 4 time slower than ai. Is it possible to fix it setting tire wear? If not, is there any workaround?

UPDATE
    It is obvious to me that the problem is not in the AI tire wear itself but in the player car where the tire wear is so slow. I mean the tire is so in good condition that after 20+ laps i'm still able to delivery extremely good lap times and that's because the degradation is way smaller than the increasing track grip. I have confirmed this with the 397 Oreca in both non official daytona and offical interlagos

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Oh that's a good question do the ai get affected by wear multipliers..?

3. williang83

williang83 Registered

I just came home and tried this out, unfortunately they do are affected. At this point it is hard to understand how to play fair against the AI because there is no way to balance tire wear.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Which mod?

5. RockShark

RockShark Registered

I have noticed this with the Reiza AJR cars.

6. williang83

williang83 Registered

397 gte pack Lmp2

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

From my knowledge, where the ai uses the tbc defined tires and the player uses the tgm defined tires, it only can be balanced by editing these files.
    But if a mod is encrypted, there is no chance for a normal user to do that, anyway.

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

So all this time only the players is affected by this!? What's the point of having the freaking option..

Would be Interested to k ow if all sims with wear multipliers are the same

9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

AI always uses hardest available tyre, which is something that needs taking into account.

10. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered

I'm pretty sure the AI by default uses the tire tbc defined in the hdv. If you want the AI to use a different compound, you can force a setup for that track that uses a different tbc file referenced in the upgrade ini file.

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, you have that backwards. AI is affected by the multipliers the same as the player. The OP was hoping to correct the imbalance between player and AI wear, which would have required the multiplier to apply to the player only.

This sort of error needs fixing in the mod. When the AI wear is comparable to the player's you can change the multipliers and still race against them.

LokiD likes this.
  12. williang83

williang83 Registered

Just tried another race in an official track (sao paulo) and still the AI tires wear like 4 time faster.

13. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

The AI always wear out their tyres very quickly. Look at the Formula Renault 3.5 2014 for the most extreme example I know of. It may be their driving style, going too hard on the throttle too soon. With that car it's noticeable how they slide on corner exits.
    They also consume fuel much quicker. That may be to do with them jabbing at the throttle all the way through corners.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Both tyre wear and fuel use can be overridden for an AI driver. Getting it at least somewhat close to the player level should be on the checklist for any quality mod - bearing in mind some mods simply aren't aimed at offline use, but anything official should be.

williang83 likes this.
  15. williang83

williang83 Registered

Unfortunately it really seems that the amount of testing for SP experience is very small or at least not as detailed as at it should be.

16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

No ones talking about mods here.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

By mod I mean car. Origin is irrelevant.