FFB Settings for T300

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by DrivingFast, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And just to keep the FFB Mult info up to date - though DrivingFast is already doing so with the first post - the DLC I only recently got (which is most of it) continues to need around 0.7 to reduce the significant clipping. At least it's consistent, albeit consistently unsuitable for the enthusiast wheels the sim is best played with. Hopefully the new UI, on first or later releases, makes that clear and makes it easier to manage settings. Like being able to default to lower FFB Mult when using a more powerful wheel.

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I am really happy with my settings.

I tested the clipping with a multiplier of 0.85, and it was existing on Sebring with a S397 GT3, but the clipping was relatively low (off grass, sand and vibrator).

I think clipping with 0.75 is almost non-existent (I admit that I have not done the test with DAMplugin and Motec).

I think I'm very close to the most optimal values.

The only value I know how to adjust but not very precise is the minimum torque, which in my opinion depends :

1/ Steering wheel model
    2/ Possibly steering wheel wear
    3/ The multiplication of the "All Forces FFB" in the Thrustmaster * "Ingame FFB multi "control panel.

Tell me if I am wrong on this point.

Some people have they tested my settings ?
    They are really good IMO.

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Couple of questions, are these the correct names?
    1. In "All vehicles", is FFB MULTI FOR 99% of the cars (0.75) = "FFBSteeringTorqueMult"
    2. Is "FFB Min Torque" (3.5%) = "Steering torque minimum"?

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

1. CAR SPECIFIC FFB MULT (ingame) : 0.75
    2. FFB MIN TORQUE (ingame) : 3.5%

I do not remember the exact values in the file "all vehicle" and "controller", but it's easy to find.
    I will edit my post.

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Yeah, just thought it would be easier to globally set.

What does 'Off-road multiplier' affect? Quite a jump, from my current at 0.3.

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

BTW, how do you guys check in-game for FFB output/clipping, if plugins are not working?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Surfaces defined in the track as not being road (I think based on the sound associated with the material via the .tdf). I'm not totally sure if rumble strips are included as track, but grass definitely isn't. So bumping it up to 1.0 restores the full bumping effect over grass, which is muted by default (good for logitech wheels, to somewhat reduce the rattling).

I use this, but I am a little biased :D

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/damplugin-for-rf2.49363/

(the OP's recommendation of 0.75 FFB Mult is good for the majority of content, including stock and DLC. That's all I was saying earlier, but I think DrivingFast thought I was disagreeing perhaps - language barrier can be an issue)

sherpa25 likes this.
  8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Thanks for the info.

Why I wanted to check for clipping, as I barely feel anything with 0.75 (while everything in CP is at 100%), and have to raise it to 80% so far w/ the 720S and M6.

Quite a lengthy setup. Will this work for VR? I haven't read any mention of allowing plugins in recent S397 developer notes. Thanks again.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Plugins work fine, there are 3 (at this stage) identified as potentially causing issues but mine isn't one of them. Plugins that draw on screen are definitely no good, they stopped working when dx9 was dropped and will either do nothing or cause crashes now - but mine never did that, so all good.

Clipping will feel numb, albeit with strong forces. If the overall force feels weak that's a different matter, and reducing FFB mult will obviously only make that worse. But a T300 should be strong enough to have good forces and still not much clipping. Plus 75 to 80% is such a small change you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you couldn't see yourself changing it.

Also keep in mind caster changes (where available) will alter the overall FFB level, so you may at times need to change the mult again if you make major setup changes. I've only tested on default.

sherpa25 and Corti like this.
  10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I appreciate the technical information that you bring often, and your plugin allowed me to determine how to adjust the FFB multi.

Indeed, this has happened to me many times since I was on the forum to misunderstand or be misunderstood (language barrier).

Corti likes this.
  11. Case

Case Registered

You can also check clipping in real time by creating a SimHub widget, for example like this (combined with pedal inputs):

[​IMG]

DrivingFast likes this.
  12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Are there any recommended settings changes in the Controller file for the T300, other than these in-game settings? Something strange w/ the GT3 & Expansion packs in Sebring, like you just drift them when oversteering.

13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

FIRST POST EDITED

05/05/2020

14. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

For t300 keep defaults on thrustmaster co trol panel then 100% force in game and 0 smoothing and 0 of min force.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And you've got clipping in most content. Why those settings?

DrivingFast likes this.
  16. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

Tested in official content, Porsche cup cars, GT3, Radical, and some Reiza stuff. just keep the default 75% gain in trustmaster control panel and also spring damper settings. Smoothness is uselees for this wheel and min force leads you to lose or unscale some forces. 100 % on game delivers you instant feedback and you be able to catch slides.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's functionally equivalent to 100% in the control panel and 0.75 Mult in the game - except you reduce clipping that way.

When clipping happens in the game, you can't recover the lost data.

18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

To avoid clipping, I further reduced the multi FFB of all cars and I am satisfied with it.

I had to readjust the minimum torque FFB to 3.5%.

I could very slightly increase this figure, but I have to do some tests.

The FFB multi is now 55%.

With the Ferrari GTE on the Nordschleife Combined, without specifically avoiding the vibrators, I got 4 peaks at 100% FFB output and 3 peaks at around 95% FFB output. That seems good to me, it remains to refine the minimum torque FFB.

FIRST POST UPDATED.

19. nabelo

nabelo Registered

Hi Mate....
    I cant find the "Filter" Setting in the Game??

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

You're right!!
    Thats FFB SMOOTHING

First post edited