Porsche RSR GTE

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Slip_Angel, Jul 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Which currently available simulator has the best physics for porsche GTE only?
    is iracing one better than RF2?

2. marmagas

marmagas Registered

maybe you know the answer. yeah11Capture.PNG

juanchioooo and LokiD like this.
  3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How do you expect anyone here to be able to answer that with any authority, and what if you didn't agree anyway?

juanchioooo and LokiD like this.
  5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Yeah u need to contact someone who's actually driven the real thing mate.

6. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Just wanted to hear other people opinions if more people say that RF2 or iracing has better feel then i MIGHT consider to purchase iracing one and stick with it.
    Recently i did some observations from onboard videos,external videos ,reading etc and since then i have doubts about rf2 version.

7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

If you have doubts than compare rFactor2 with real live.

juanchioooo and DrivingFast like this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

tremendous video, great!

What simulator do you use? ...

9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

rFactor2 has by far the best feel, if it's the most realistic i don't know, never driven a Porsche. Anyway it was made with data from real car, if that matters to you...

10. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

This type of video doesn't show car characteristics besides i've done better comparison like this.

11. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I use RF2,ACC and AC1 and thinking about buying iracing but cars are too costly.

juanchioooo likes this.
  12. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Nearly every good simulator is made with car manufacturers data what matters more is what kind of data,how much data they got AND how good it is implemented and tested.
    Just look at the interior of the car IRL and RF2 version there are soo many missing details usable details i.e are extremely useful even in sim are missing in RF2 but AC1 has it and iracing has best interior information.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For cockpit details, I can understand that. rF2 is currently limited in cockpit details anyway, especially the displays etc, so it probably won't tick all the boxes there. On the other hand, once they develop more capabilities it seems likely they'll revisit existing content (licensed, DLC) and update it to the new standards.

Physics wise, any statement like the above shows A) too much faith in the ability of a game to replicate a real car B) too much faith in one's ability to judge physics from anything other than driving the thing (as in, driving the real thing, and then trying the game - but see A regarding that one).

You just work out what matters to you, and try to work out which game does it best. Everyone's got an opinion but it's yours that matters.

14. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Yes you speak the truth.No point in asking i guess i just gotta buy iracing version and test side by side.
    I could've tolerated the cockpit details etc if car actually felt realistic to me but as you know i don't find it right..

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Well, if you're looking for interior details instead of physics or "feel", then i don't know what to recommend to you, as you asked for "PHYSICS" i thought you were interested in reliable feeling of the car, not graphical details...

16. Filip

Filip Registered

What type of video shows cars characteristics? Do you mean over the limit behaviour?

17. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Case closed :rolleyes:

Rui Santos likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

On the weekend I had a race in rF2 (Tatuus, can't remember which incarnation), using default setup in qualifying, had the fastest time and then someone took 0.2 off me. I was pretty sure I couldn't find that time (had done a fair few laps in practice, with only incremental gains), and I thought maybe since there are so few corners I need to adjust the setup. I jumped on board the new fastest driver for a lap, saw the tail end out in almost every corner, and thought right - time to take some rear wing off, because obviously the constant push I had was taking time off me.

Couple of quick tests, ended up taking 3 clicks of rear wing off, just about matched the time and ended up running the fastest laps in the race, balance pretty good with the tail getting some action but still enough wing to be happy.

After the race the same person asked about setups, and turns out they were on default.

So in the same game, I completely misjudged a person's setup based on what I was seeing. I don't know how people have so much belief in their judgement that they can compare game physics to real life, or even compare two different games (each has its own flavour, its own way of doing things, so even when driving them there's usually a transition period to adjust and bed yourself in to find the limits again - unless you just give up and say it's not realistic). There's a good chance one game will just 'feel better' than another because it just more closely matches what you're used to, or what you expect. The game devs won't claim their game is a more realistic representation than another game (excluding titles which have obvious inaccuracies, more on the arcade side) but people playing the games are very quick to pick a side or make judgements.

There's a well known phenomenon, an easy example is this: give people unmarked pepsi and coke, and they can pick which one is which. Give them a third option, and suddenly the success rate of picking any of the 3 is massively reduced. Perception is a funny thing. We should really take it a lot less seriously.

Atsuki and Bill Worrel like this.
  19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Agree with all of the above You have to just drive the one you enjoy you can never know what one is truly realistic anyway. For me the porsche in rf2 is one of the best cars in sim racing

Rui Santos likes this.
  20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I prefer the feeling with the Porsche GT3, but also the feeling of the GT3, especially the challenge pack, compared to the GTE.

Also I recommend official versions S397 (paid content) rather than modded versions.