Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1112 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2018.

1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

As it's caused some issues over on Discord, you will still get warnings. It's not going to be an insta-penalty ;)

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Who said it's an insta-penalty? You will still get warnings for normal cuts :)
    The only time it is an insta-penalty is if you cut very severely, example blast a chicane by going straight.....

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

People on Discord assumed that it'd be an Insta-penalty for cutting now.

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i always wondered if the game understand the drivers intensions like ok i went going straight on chicane but i used brake and waited to go back to my position
    i cut chicane cause of bad braking reaction and dinstance calculation but after i went straith and cut chicane i didnt took any better possition

5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

After locking up and straight lining the Senna S at Interlagos... No :p

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i think rf2 just apply racing rules only
    i say this cause in pcars 2 the game tells you often go back to possition number xx if it detects that you did a cheat overtake @AMillward

7. Stevy

Stevy Registered

No one but it reads like one, and nowhere can be found that it's not ;)
    BTW: Where can I found the number x which is the number of cuts before you get a drive through or later a stop and go ?
    I don't want (and often don't can) open the track files. Is it set the same for every track ?
    A few Infos about this stuff, like in a drivers briefing, would be cool :D

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You expect a computer to read your intentions, that's a bit too much. But if you manage to slow down fast enough when you see your mistake you wont get a warning either

pkelly likes this.
  9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Slow down on the runoff at Copse at Silverstone and you can dodge a warning.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It basically looks at how long you took to get back to the track, and compares that to how long you should take if you'd stayed on the track.

So slowing down after you rejoin is usually too late, and position relative to other cars doesn't matter.

There are some parameters that affect it, so it's not always the same, but that's the base of what it does.

It's not easy to handle every situation - imagine if it gave you 5 seconds (or 5 seconds per position gained, or per second gained) to slow down and avoid a penalty, that could easily lead to causing a crash especially if more than one driver is involved.

mesfigas likes this.
  11. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

build v1111 works fine for me on low settings i get 60fps but this version has broken something because it won't launch. same with v1114 - v1116.
    my specs are intel hd graphics 4600....samsung ssd 500gb......intel i7-4770k 3.5GHz....16GB DDR3.