CS-closed Road to Le Mans / 24 hours of Le Mans

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

On a 24-inch monitor I could see inside the car, I think you do not simulate if you do not see the inside of the car ...

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the BOP has equaled physical, it was time, the corvette before was clearly superior, the classification showed, now they are equal, all have problems of stability in equal conditions, those who want to continue to have advantage with the corvette and the bmw do not want bop is clear:cool::cool::cool:

3. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Thank you !
    Write the rules, it is not indicated there, except about spectating (4.6.3), which does not answer the question I wrote.
    Ok, at least we know it is scripted before race start, not using a "real time" feed. Only 5 sections then, I suppose ?
    Cheers :)

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that you do not believe it yourself,look at the times on the server

5. Not sure what happened with that pdf, its missing 4.6.1 and 4.6.2
    4.6.1 Spectating will not be allowed, you are only allowed to join the server as a spectator 1-3 laps / 5 mins before you are about to go into the team car.

juanchioooo and SRGP like this.
  6. There are tools that make it possible to put in weather on the fly, just a heads up

SRGP likes this.
  7. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

The Posche has gotten more unstable with the update as well.And I have not even gotten to the "fun" part of a Porsche stint, aka the second half to the end, as the car on low fuel (due to fueltank location) plus worn tires and high speed corners formed a deadly mix in the past.
    However, I gave the BMW a shot, and I have a degree of sympathy for those people. A car that in every corner, outside of the Porsche curves and Indy, (on a basically default setup, except softs, full fuel, 1/2 wing, 2° camber) is 100% planted, which means you guys are unprepared when a race car is not only point and click (like the LMP2). But to put the smugness aside, with 1 wing you are dead, with 2 wing the car was on the outlap through Porsche "stable" (like my Porsche), but on the second lap I lost quite some speed as I caught a sudden oversteer twitch with 180° of countersteer. I do not know how the car handled prior to the update, I only drove it ever about 1 year ago in a race around Sepang, were from practice to race the car did a 180 in handling and constantly tried to murder us, especially braking in the penultimate turn. And while the lap was somewhat scruffy, compared to my Porsche, in which I can do regularly 3:54 (I am by no means a fast driver, but I can go faster then that), I clocked a 3:56.9. Granted, more laps have been turned with the Porsche and with a proper setup, compared to the BMWs two outlaps and 1 flyer. Contributing to this is that the BMW is about 4-5 kmph slower then the Porsche in a straight line (295 to 291), while braking was on the other hand significantly better then the Porsche, I could be a slight bit more aggressive on the brakes with no overshooting (however, the 5 kmph could be the difference here).

So the question is obviously, will there be another update to the cars, therefore changing the handling the practice some people have done since the update pointless again? I am not sure if we have gotten with this update the cars in terms of lap times closer together then before, I know that the Porsche was prior bullied in the straights by the BMWs, but I do not think the difference then was 5 kmph. And the fact the handling got completely unnecessarily changed is just mind boggling

juanchioooo, SRGP and D Nichols like this.
  8. Armin Binder

Armin Binder Registered

i loved the way you could build a setup in rFactor previously and after "BOP" change it´s like:

I can´t get the BMW to understeer ... (springs Back 180 front 320) Qstabi front 10 back 0) Front end lifted up Rwing 6...
    and I can only agree with TheLichten with his last sentence

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

there are a lot of ORECA LMP2 pilots should go to the driving school learn to overtake, they cause accidents ahead in the same curve, the GTE can not disappear, they have to make him look at HIMSELF:mad::mad::mad:

D Nichols and Churrinche like this.
  10. he02

he02 Registered

Hi Jimmi, i want to know if there is a chance to update team line-up?

Dmitri likes this.
  11. This..
    There is a lot of places where this needs to be edited to accommodate a change, which is why i set the deadline on 26th and not the day before the race.
    However if there is an issue that the world has brought upon you and not poor planning, send me a PM.

12. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

maybe all into LMP’s and do a LMP race only

13. @Cas Rietveld You only submitted a dds file
    1. PSD is required that way i could make a ...
    2. Region file that is missing
    3. json file is also missing
    Anyone around for ACR?

14. Vojta Polesny

Vojta Polesny Registered

Its unbeliavable to read this pic from anyone who picked up "unreal" fast car.

FOR THE FIRST: I HAVE THE SAME TIME WITH ALL OF THREE CARS RIGHT NOW. Before that i had 1,5 second faster time with Vette than with Porsche and BMW.

FOR THE SECOND: Porsche was totally unsteerable too ( after the BOP ). BOP changing balance and we weren´t make 3 laps in a row. But our team instead of crying here, we made perfect job with our setup and made our car definitely more stable. So where is your problem?

Thats all. There are same conditions for all of us. ;-)

15. TeroD

TeroD Registered

That group of GTE drivers consists largely of drivers who have competed in the highly competitive Virtual Endurance Championship (VEC) for the last year. In races ranging from 6 hours up to 24h Le Mans race. In these same GTE cars. Some have raced in VEC for several years now.

And your "credentials" are...?

Risto Kappet and rocafella1978 like this.
  16. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Guys, I found something by going nuts with the setup. Made tests yesterday evening and this morning. Try increasing diff preload to the max. For Vette lift-off oversteering is basically gone. With BMW it's still bit on the edge at Porsche curves but still lot better. Probably you need to do other setup changes too so that car is balanced at high speed corners. With heavy rubber, 54 liters in tank, opening lap with AI (so tires are cold when entering flying lap), soft tires and nailing the lap all cars have more or less the same lap time. BMW and Vette with wing 1, Porsche with wing 3 though. So if Porsche guys find a way to use wing 1 then they'll fly on straights and are probably fastest in race pace too. But I don't know yet if this high preload stuff is good for the race. Haven't had time to do stints, only hotlapping. Hope this helps. Still think S397 should revert back to previous versions but at least this might be the second best thing in this unfortunate situation

RolandTJ and rocafella1978 like this.
  17. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Opinion invalidated: drive through penalty.

Also changing settings in the setup is not "going nuts", its normal.
    Its possible to quickfix the balance of the cars with a multitude of settings, beginning with actually increasing rear wing because that cures the changed aero balance directly and all cars dont have to have identical top speed, nor does noone HAVE to run wing 1 because it Le Mans, thats not the problem or question.
    The huge gap in the actual performance of the cars across a stint is.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  18. txinas

txinas Registered

Hi, any livetiming to see the real time in the server?

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Guys, have you talkad about that off-line in Le Mans is now more slippery, it most definitely adds up to your troubles, I think.

Just drove Vette, definitely a challenge, especially if you get off the line and in the braking. It has preload on very low by default, higher value should help I guess. Also keeping the car more in straight line while braking hard :D And a bit more rearwards brake bias maybe.

Speaking of off-line grip in Lemans. As for dry I think it is kool. But I drove in the wet too, and I got an impression that it is quite bad in such case, while it is known that offline in wet usually should be more grippy, it seems to be not even as slippery as racing line, but even more slippery. You'll have to go really slow if it rains guys...

20. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Jimmi... you will be posting infos about Live Stream & Timing and the post regarding Liverys?? ( the way will be steam workshop subscrition?? )

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.