CS-closed Road to Le Mans / 24 hours of Le Mans

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay Registered

this is the real life experience ACO also bop´s a night before the race, most realistic experience ever :p jsut ask aston martin

David Kolody, Remco Majoor and Dmitri like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

folks were asking for BOP help....just sayin'

Pedro Delgado2 likes this.
  3. Jakub Brzeziński

Jakub Brzeziński Registered

Was there an update to the Oreca as well? Or something else that could affect the LMP2's pace?

4. James Johnson

James Johnson Registered

It's abit different when the car fundamentally with only a few days to the race. Thats not BOP; thats taking a sledgehammer and making people start from zero with limited time left. Some people have put too much time in to go and rebuild and relearn something that should of been sorted with smaller, less radical changes.

5. RolandTJ

RolandTJ Registered

@Marcel Offermans @Domino Duhan @Christopher Elliott
    A group of GTE drivers (representing all marques) collectively wrote the attached document regarding the most recent BOP. I believe it covers what the majority of GTE drivers/teams believe going into the race this weekend comprehensively.

The most recurring point is lack of rear stability, which appears to be physics-related. Many people are concerned as to whether they will be able to drive a few laps, let alone a 24 hour race.

There appears to have been some unfortunate back-and-forths on the discord competition channel, which is regrettable. Nothing will come of throwing fire at each other. I feel this document is more in the spirit of civil discourse, and is meant in the best faith.

It is a difficult situation, but I hope this helps to provide a more satisfactory solution for all. In a way, it is a great opportunity for us to all pull together. We all support Studio 397/rFactor 2.

I wish both organisers and participants the very best in the race this weekend, whatever the circumstances.

- Ed Trevelyan-Johnson

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  6. While you are 100% correct on the way some usually gives feedback (and i see a few in the pdf) i must applaud this very well written post. Though it is very unfortunate that i also see a tester or two in this document. This could have been avoided if the feedback given in this document would have been brought forward. I have not driven the latest patch of cars and cant deny nor confirm that there is an issue.

Most of you also understand that the usual "Cry wolf" whenever the word BOP is posted also has to weigh into discussions. However as i understand there is worry about the stability which is a core thing in endurance.

Im not doing BOP, nor am i in charge of this, nor did you tag me (must i feel offended) - i was just awake and on a break from work when i saw this message and had to respond. Thank you for a very well written respons compared to the usual ..well not so well written feedback.

7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

The damage level on test server seems to be too high for me. I rolled with some 60kph frontal into tire wall and my engine was gone. RSR has a mid/rear engine! Every minor side touch of a wall results in serious Suspension damage

8. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

Welcome to 100% Damage land

And it is irrelevant to rf2 were the engine is in terms of damage, it just takes the impact force, and when it is above a certain threshold, it is instant death. Also, all damage can be fixed, even ripped off wheels, (even if some aero damage remains and slows you down, but you can fix that with a driver swap), except Engines, if they are gone, it is game over

9. Dmitri

Dmitri Registered

Didn't find it in the rules. Whats with the starting driver. Is it mandatory to star with the same driver whos qualifying?

10. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Why do you guys enforce cockpit camera? Unless you are sending triplescreens or VR sets to all competitors, then this is a gimmick.

11. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Registered

I've driven several years on a 15"6 laptop in cockpit camera can i be a professional esports driver too pls

12. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

Swingman for life YEEEEEAAAAABOIIIIII

upload_2019-7-4_21-9-34.png

13. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Registered

oh yes 24h on this please can we switch game ?

Shawn Jacobs and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  14. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I remember a Statement in the past where it was said 100% is exaggerated level lo allow for "more" as normal, because you can not set more than 100%.
    I dont know what is normal, but I'm convinced NOW it is not much realistic, too sensitiv

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you going, sitting in the bonnet of the car or on the roof of the car?...

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the BOB is for all the same.....yeaaa:);)

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

ah I saw his head is on the steering wheel, a slightly difficult posture, good contortion of the body but ok
    upload_2019-7-4_14-31-12.png

18. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Hello,
    With the extra setup/practice work induced by the late physics changes to the cars, would it be possible to have answers to these questions today (evening is fine) ? It would help lift some of the work for the drivers.

1. Starting Procedure : Single File Formation Lap
    Is it a full lap of Formation Lap or the Green will be called at a fixed point, like for the Qual. Race last Saturday ?

2. Joining for a Driver Swap
    How early is the driver taking the car next allowed to join the server ?
    2 laps sound reasonnable ?

3. Weather Forecast : Scripted from real forecast
    Would it be possible to determine already today at least whether or not there will be a risk of rain ?
    The need to rework on the car handling with the latest update is considerably reducing the opportunity to prepare for variable conditions. Being informed early would be appreciated, even though a guaranteed dry race could also be a solution to cover up the practice time lost.

Cheers !

19. Daniele Brambilla

Daniele Brambilla Member

I'm writing on behalf of the afore-mentioned group of GTE drivers and teams.
    We thought it would be highly constructive not only to complain about the recent BoP changes, but to provide a list of what's wrong and what we deem being a viable solution. Our request is to see these (or other along the same lines) changes enacted before this Saturday's July 6th and 7th event, in order to ensure a much more competitive and professional environment for everyone involved, let it be drivers, but also commentators, broadcasters, sponsors and spectators. Everyone in our group has in their best interest to see Studio 397 and rFactor 2 grow in popularity, and we all think this Le Mans 24h event could be a key moment for the future of the sim.
    There follow the requests we're making.

PORSCHE 911 RSR GTE:
    The Porsche should stay the same as is right now, with the fixed 1st gear and current downforce.

CORVETTE C7R GTE:
    We think it'd be better to revert to the Corvette as it was before the latest update, meaning at the time of the Qualification Race held on June, 30th. In exchange of this, the C7R should receive a bit more additional weight and/or lose a little bit of power.
    The two differential settings of Power and Coast should stay locked (as in "non adjustable"), but we suggest values as Power 20% and Coast 35%, while preload should be left editable.

BMW M8 GTE:
    This is the car that has been damaged by the latest update the most. We request to revert the BMW to as it was before even the release of the Le Mans track. If this is not possible, we ask for more stability at the rear and less drag.

In hopes to be of any help, we wish you a good evening.

20. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Unfortunately neither - I am sitting in my chair at home, in front of a 27" screen. From what I see during driving, maybe only 20% is the monitor. Rest of it is my room, my computer, my dishes, my girlfriend, my cat, my steering wheel and my hands on it.
    The principle of simulating a realistic field of view would project the view of my monitor indeed on the bonnet of the car, not create a parallel dimension with duplicate field of view, second wheel and so on.
    See the picture I made to explain it to you.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.