Released The Tatuus Pack is HERE!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

Someone else has the feeling that the Tatuus painting is too reflective. It seems to have an excessive brightness. I do not know much about editing in Photoshop, but it seems as if there is not a layer of shaders or something like that.
    GRAB_004.JPG GRAB_006.JPG GRAB_009.JPG

coltair and davehenrie like this.
  2. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

PBR shaders at work. When the Sun is in front of you, this usually happens.
    I guess the problem is that the shaders are not used on the track (and on tires?) yet, so the lighting is mismatching.

upload_2019-7-2_7-27-57.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  3. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Well, I asked Mr. Jonny Baker, Series Development Director of Road to Indy, and I got this answer regarding the use of negative camber on the PM-18 and USF-17 when racing on ovals:

"Yes, it is possible to run negative camber on the Tatuus chassis. It is fairly standard practice on an oval to run “stagger” - where you run negative camber on the left side wheels, positive camber on the right side. This will help the car turn itself left on an oval, in addition to which spring rates, shock settings, ride height, etc... you select."

So I guess, we definitely need an update on this.;)

Alexandr Meshkov, Atsuki and Lazza like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Fair enough, though I think he misused the term stagger, which I've always taken to mean different wheel diameters left and right.

If the real cars can do it, and run on ovals, it would indeed be a shame that we can't.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Which track is that?

6. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Yes, you're right about "stagger", though I guess he just used it as a word to describe the movement of the cars.
    And yes, we should be able to make oval setups as in real life. I hope S397 guys have something to say about this.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That tends to happen on community made tracks, have you seen it on official tracks?

8. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Buy VR headset :p

memoNo1 likes this.
  9. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

i tried to make server with Tatuus_F3_T318_2018_v1.03.rfcmp, but when i start the dedicated server i didn't see the cars

tatuus1.png
    tatuus2.png

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  10. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Is the server updated to latest?

11. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

ok, it was the problem :D

Goanna likes this.
  12. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

Donington Park

13. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

the tatuus (F3) tyre physics are available for modders?
    i understand that the files are encrypted, but we can learn from it

Rui Santos likes this.
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I think the GP3 tires were made by the S397 guy so I suspect the Tatuus are using the same or something very similar

15. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I think they're encrypted. I want the 2ZZ-GE engine for my MR2, but it's locked away :(

ApexModding likes this.
  16. Marisa

Marisa Registered

The shift lights of some of the cars get darkened by shadows while others work fine and behave like real lights. Hope this gets fixed, can make it hard to see them while looking at the track.

17. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

Is the PM-18 gearing correct? It feels very short. I hit the limiter on even a bit longer straights.

marvelharvey likes this.
  18. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Speaking of gearing, the scale of the shift lights in the T318 is also weird. First off they are grouped, which is often the case in rF2 cars because of engine limitations making them less precise. (I know some real cars also do this for some reason but most don't, wish S397 would remove this engine limitation.)
    The weird thing is how it takes super long for the last 2 lights to light up at which point I hit the RPM limit. Haven't been able to find an onboard video to see if the real one behaves like that. This makes it hard to judge when the best time to shift is. You know, the thing shift lights are supposed to help you with?

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Unfortunately all cars in all packs paid or free have very bad set leds, in part is due to rf2 limitations on the cockpit area but since pretty much all cars they licensed have locked gears they could have put some more effort into it. Having 2 or 3 leds going ON at once close to shift but not too close to avoid the limiter would be very helpful and give some more immersion since going one by one would hit their limit (of 34-ish??) items there.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not just the number of available LEDs that is the issue, it's that the revs they activate at is defined in terms of 1/32 of max rpm. So there is a lack of precision making fine tuning impossible. This is the sort of thing I hope we see progress on in the medium term, along with a general update of vehicle systems.

If you want a more configurable shift indicator and don't mind F1-style (audible) you could try this: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/drsshiftbeeps.61555/