Studio 397 Thanks & Opinion on VR Support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Waddington, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Andrew Waddington

Andrew Waddington Registered

Just wanted to drop a post in here and say as a long time owner of rFactor 2 I was initially quite disappointed with the game when I purchased it years ago and have since not touched it in favour of others such as GTR Evo initially, then AC and PC2 etc.

Recently hearing Studio 397 had taken the reins and that proper VR support for the Pimax 5k+ had been added in the June update I decided to reinstall it. After playing it again for the past few days it has shot into my No1 sim, both in physics, play-ability and excellent VR support. I have purchased a few DLC's and I'm massively enjoying Le Mans, looking forward to the official laser scanned nordschleife too! The graphics have improved on new DX11 tracks as well which is a very welcome change and really adds to the immersion.

All in all, a big thankyou and well done to Studio 397 for their efforts and cracking VR support, it has finally drawn me back to this game! Looking forward to what else they can bring to the table over the coming months/years! Hopefully some more good laser scanned tracks!

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

It's been there all along

bwana and David Kolody like this.
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

Jeez you have been away for awhile !

4. Andrew Waddington

Andrew Waddington Registered

Yep, definitely been away too long but glad to be back and find how much things have improved - time to catch up on everything I've missed out on! The biggest draw for me was when I heard that native support for Pimax had been implemented last month - since getting into VR for racing sims It's difficult to go back so this was a big bonus, particularly because it's so well implemented.

bwana likes this.
  5. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Precisely Winston; Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.