AI car speed

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by JimmyT, Jun 27, 2019.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Hi all, not really a modder but have a question anyway. (I ask on behalf of a modding group)
    I use a mod that is great except for the fact that the AI can easily outrun me in a straight line but are much slower in the corners (on every track) very similar to what the Radicals were like when first released.
    @Christopher Elliott @Marcel Offermans Is there any solution for this problem? I know that the Radicals no longer have this issue, how was this rectified?
    Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Is that asked exclusively to the both linked persons or do you also take suggestions from others?

3. lagg

lagg Registered

Just for them :p

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

5. RockShark

RockShark Registered

I take it that “Hi all” means everyone ( or anyone).

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

providing an answer, or at least a suggestion, if the car is one of the S397 DLC, there is not much you yourself can do. But if you are using a mod that has no encryption, you can edit the drag values of the car itself and any aero devices. Another trick is add just a little weight.
    If, going back to S397, you are experiencing this with their newer cars that are copy-protected(encrypted) all you can do is post in the support area and hope a dev sees it.

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Even if i'm not one of the mentioned persons, i want to add my 2 cents.
    As first thing, i always would recommend to check, if the tire sizes, that are written in the TBC file, match the sizes of the used TGM files.
    Thea reason is, that the AI uses the TBC and the human driver uses the TGM and if they differ, you have a first reason for different max. speed, if you use the default setup, that also the AI uses.
    If, for example, the radius of the driven tires in the TBC, is bigger than the radius from the TGM, you already get a different max. speed.
    The next thing i would do, is to play around with these TBC entries
    AIGripMult=1.02
    RollingResistance=
    RoadGripEffects=
    RoadSqrdGripEffects=
    RoadModifierMults=

Tires are the most difficult thing, to get it equal as best as possible for the AI and the human driver.
    The physics are the last thing where i would look into, because if you use the default setup and upgrades, you use the settings from the hdv and upgrades.ini, that the AI also uses.
    So there the only Difference are your driving skills and the settings for the AI strength in game and a talent file, if there is one. ;)

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks @Bernd, I am taking suggestions from anyone, I asked specifically from the S397 guys because their car had the issue and it was fixed and I was hoping they would share the information :rolleyes:
    Thank you for the tire suggestion I will pass it on to the mod team concerned and hopefully this will give a result. ;)
    @davehenrie, no it's a third party mod and the AI have a higher top speed and the mod team is having a red hot go at fixing it.

9. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@JimmyT You can also tell the team that, if they are in the devmode, they can press alt+t to switch between the old/tbc and new/tgm tire model.
    If they use the swingman cam and look at the car from the side, they can check if the tires change their sizes when they do that.
    The target is, to get as less as possible size difference between old and new tire model.

10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks Bernd, I have sent a link to this thread to the team and they report back that they have checked tire size the way you say, alas to no avail. Still chipping away at it though.

11. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Tha
    Is there much difference in the maximum speed?
    If they can not get it solved, i can offer to try to help, if they upload their devmode installation of the mod and send me the download link with a private conversation.
    And they can trust me, i will not give it away to others or use it in any other way.

12. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I'm guessing about 5 to 10kmh top end which is nasty on long straights. I'm pretty sure they're monitoring this thread so they may get in touch.
    Thanks again for your suggestions so far.

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You are welcome.