CS-closed Road to Le Mans / 24 hours of Le Mans

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Ahah, you remember myself a month ago. You should check the Le Mans mod used for the VEC 24h! Cut tracks were so strict that you would receive one only by looking a curb, i was worried as you are now (track limits in this official Le Mans are really good anyway).
    Then the race arrived and we barely received one cut in 13 double stints, practice, keep it safe and play it smart, then if someone force you off track 3 times during a stint, the issue is different.

2. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

The sim has some mechanics in place - if you slow down a lot or the game recognizes you as obviously out of control (sliding and countersteering), then it will not give you a penalty for exceeding the limits.
    But its also in your power to set your car on the track in a way that you dont get "forced" out of the track. If you see such a situation unfolding, back out of it.

3. Jan Polak

Jan Polak Registered

How can we expect the CODE-80 to be used? The rules talk about slow cars, which is obvious. But for example when there is a crash, will CODE-80 be used for few minutes to simulate how it would be done IRL? Or maybe a local CODE-80 only in certain sectors?

4. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Registered

I'm not 100% of how this works because sometimes i lift off and still get a cut track. So i wouldn't count on it

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's usually relative to the normal racing line time through the same section. You may need to slow down more.

6. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Registered

Problem is that you can't slow down that much unless you go very far off

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

many riders take advantage of the cuts, I think it's great they are activated, do not go long or let go of the accelerator, everything will go well:cool:

TeroD likes this.
  8. Do you know exactly where the sector starts and stops, i dont think most people know, so no this has not been mentioned anywhere because this is not how its done, its done from when its needed until when its not needed anymore.

9. Practice session for the GTE Road to Le Mans has begun, while dublicate cars wont show up in green GTE colour (which is what VEC uses compared to red in the official content) you still get something to look at here: http://simracing.club/s397/

Enjoy, Qual starts at 19:45 CEST and just after that at 20:00 the race begins. Yes its on purpose the text is black in the trackmap, this is also used for white background/purple background for SRCA which is the latest model i had and just threw this together and installed on S397 server.

RolandTJ likes this.
  10. Bart S

Bart S Member

Anybody going to be streaming?
    Please post here

11. txinas

txinas Registered

in the link only see 16 drivers!!

Roman Yakubovich likes this.
  12. i dont know why, never tested it with the same veh, i guess there are limitations to it.

13. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Could you please specify the realroad, realroad acelleration and other conditions we will use for the race?
    And also the same conditions info for the official open practice server, once it comes?

The more we know about it, the closer the practice server conditions could be to the real race, and possibly also be static, the more it would encourage all people to practice on it together :)

14. The more we know about it the closer the practice server conditions could be? i kinda know what it will be therefor im setting up a practice server, if you want to set one up feel free to, but i´d suggest people practice on the official server. This will be set up during the next day or two.

Pedro Delgado2 likes this.
  15. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Jimmi i reveived the message... thanks :) in the link for the rules in the line: Car identification, livery and carmake doesn't said the tipe of file for the livery.....

It must be .PSD right?

16. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay Registered

IM thinking PSD and the region file in dds + the json? :p

17. Correct PSD on main and dds on the region

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

my photoshop does not have the source of the number, what font does it use to edit the number?, does the vehicle carry chrome send the json?

19. Ubuntu on numberplates, not sure what "does the vehicle carry chrome send the json" means
    If its a question about you need to send in the json with the paint then yes obviously this is needed.

juanchioooo likes this.
  20. GerritdeV

GerritdeV Registered

Just wondering why "special entries" dont have to qualify and what makes them special. Advertising the event with 20 spots to qualify for which turn into 16 on the day itself,kinda weird...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.