Question about yellow flags

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbfan, Jun 26, 2019.

1. jbfan

jbfan Registered

As I stated in a previous post, I'm fairly new to RF2 and I searched the forum about a problem I'm experiencing with yellow flags but didn't find a definite answer. When a yellow comes out, all of the A.I. seem to stop on track almost immediately. I have read that there are (or were) issues with yellow flags but my question is, is there a fix for this that I haven't seen or should I just turn flags off?
    Thanks

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If you're experiencing AI issues with yellow flags/safety car then run the race with BLACK FLAGS ONLY in the options menu. You'll still see yellow flags for incidents but no safety car will be deployed.

3. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

This is what I do for shorter Sprint races. Not exactly realistic but if that safety car comes out on a quick 5 lap race it's pretty much over.

Neptune Zone and MarcG like this.
  4. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Open your player.json file and checking that you have these lines set with these settings:

"AI Formation by Position":false,
    "AI Formation by Position#":"If true, AI will line up for yellow or formation laps by fixed position behind the pace car, if false they will line up relative to specific car they should be following",

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Is this because OP changed something on his end? I have never touched anything and yellow flag is working normally for me.

6. Boremar

Boremar Registered

I have just installed the sim this week for the first time so no mods. On a 10 lap race, the yellow came out on lap 5. I was in P1 and I caught the pace car. The field never closed the gap and remained 20± seconds behind up until we went green.

7. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

1) My FCY were working perfectly from 2013 to June 2015, then something broke and the AI were unable to drive properly under FCY.
    2) Around 2017, someone suggested that I try changing the 'AI Formation by Position' mentioned in post 4 of this thread and this fixed it for me!
    3) Last month I wiped rF2 and reinstalled and this bug came back, just like @Boremar above
    4) I then tried the same AI Formation by Position fix from 2), but no, the problem is back.

Quite an annoyingly inconsistent bug.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The game seems to be changing some options, like mirror adjustment for example, never had an issue with it but it appeared all of sudden after the endurance pack, then I found out an option in the player.json that fixed it

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Over the years I've noticed Mirror Adjustments do alter/corrupt in the player.json, I've often been caught out thinking a cars mirrors are broken because they don't adjust but a fresh player.json fixes it straight away. Not quite sure why that is and I have tried to find out in recent times, but so far no luck in finding an answer.

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

See, I tried that fix and it hasn't worked for me.

11. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

What was the option you changed that fixed it? Because I've noticed that I keep having to readjust my mirrors depending on what car I'm driving.

I think I tried deleting the player.json before and ran into a problem trying to get my wheel setup again. Fortunately I was able to restore the file and have my wheel working again. I don't remember why I was trying to delete the file.