More than 5 Weather Slots for WET file?

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by General_RIMT, Jun 26, 2019.

1. General_RIMT

General_RIMT Registered

My friend and i are thinking of making a weather file (.WET) generator for rFactor 2. I'm trying to figure out the viability of doing something like this. Basically, you'd have options for choosing all of the same parameters that you can see in-game such as tempurature, wind speed, humidity, etc, but also allow you to select a button than will randomly generate the weather parameters for you, for all 3 sessions.

My question, if anyone knows:

Is it only possibe to have 5 states of weather or 5 weather blocks for each session? We couldn't create more in the .wet file by changing the start time and adding more in between?

Corti likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You absolutely can. I didn't test for an upper limit but I had (made) a random generator for league use with varying period lengths, sometimes down to only a minute or two, and it all seemed to work fine.

Downsides:
    - you can't set different weather for multiple qual sessions, or multiple race sessions (they'll all have the same)
    - you can't set the warmup weather, and it will exactly mimic the race (providing a perfect forecast of what will happen, should some people otherwise not know).

General_RIMT likes this.
  3. General_RIMT

General_RIMT Registered

Thanks for the information! Those downsides are okay with me, i usually only do 1 practice, qualy and 1 race, so this will be fine for me. I may touch base soon when we start to determine what each parameter means and what the parameter ranges are.

4. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

Hi RIMT! Did you make the app? Thank you

5. General_RIMT

General_RIMT Registered

Hi Fabio, my friend and i are still working on it but we are progressing slowly because of our school work and internships. We do have one bare prototype working but it’s not ready for release yet. I suspect 1 month from now. Ill post it here when we have something usable :) thanks for asking though!

Corgan and Corti like this.