Steam Key

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hroood, Jun 12, 2019.

1. hroood

hroood Registered

wondering if you could help me please I purchased a key on July 7 2013 played the title a couple months with the intention to develop content for this sim (I'm a 3d modeler). I'm hoping to get the game installed to start this long overdue project. I've sent an email to support@studio_397.com and i haven't received a response.

Thank you

2. filippu

filippu Registered

I'm sorry you're out of luck. There was a window of time when you were supposed to receive an email to migrate your account to Steam.
    Now, S397 thinks it's a good way to deal with their customers by telling them "bad luck, buy the game again". Or simply ignore the client, in your case.
    If you absolutely need the game, wait for a sale, sometimes the price goes down to something like 11€, and make sure to not support the devs by buying DLC. They're not worth it.

3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

This part was not necessary,its your opinion,keep it to your self please.

4. hroood

hroood Registered

so I see the email in my junk folder, i find it sad that in this email is says "Rest assured, your license will remain valid and you will be able to keep playing rFactor 2"

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How long ago did you email?

Try filling out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDJRK5xwh8GA70E6Ck-OyrjzpM1JRWeQfoANgznayNLjYYBw/viewform

And check you emailed the correct address - the one you typed here has an underscore _ instead of a hyphen -

See rfactor.net.

I've seen a couple of people report success with getting a transfer, though it's hard to be sure it's true.

hroood likes this.
  6. hroood

hroood Registered

thanks Lazza. I filled that out, the email was sent last week and yea it was the the hyphen, i did the typo here..

7. hroood

hroood Registered

Its been more than a week now since my second email.. Nothing.. seems fillipu's opinion is valid.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think all of it is, but it's true that there was a (quite lengthy) period where a transfer to steam was possible, and then mandatory in order to stay up to date. I think some people got a little too upset about the amount they'd now have to pay after 3-6 years having the game and sometimes having barely played it, but if it's a major dilemma it's easy enough to continue not playing it.

Bear in mind the transfer involved both S397 and ISI, so not fair to pin this on S397 alone.