Released Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 16, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

No thats just normal in rF2 :(

PirroC and LokiD like this.
  2. mister dog

mister dog Registered

I bet they already do that for sure, but they are restricted with the tools they can utilize as this game originally dates from 2013 and even then it was a bit behind the curve graphically already. Not sure about the ins and outs of this engine but I hope they can still update the eye candy to modern standards without having to move to a new platform.

mesfigas likes this.
  3. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

I think the developers do a good job, it's the quality control department(if it exists) that let's the side down

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

They go blind after a while, so handing it over to the community for feedback lets them find stuff they missed. They're not a large team.

Levelup1, Alex72 and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Night, sunrise and sunset suit me, although I would like it to be better.

On the other hand, I do not see this bluish tint.

What I do not like is the overall look of the picture during the day when the sun is not low in the sky.

So, I prefer to play at sunrise, at sunset and possibly at night.

I also prefer the appearance of the game when it rains (have to wait to see puddles and "dry trajectory").

6. Pales

Pales Registered

My friend, we have tried many, many, many times to communicate this across to Studio 397 but they simply ignore us.

dazzer and PirroC like this.
  7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Marcel said in the last interview that they will look into this and make updates to AI once they got tje other things out of the way.

jayarrbee36 and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I just bought the track, probably a bundle will come soon judging by Formula E experience, but whatever YOLO

And I am very happy and impressed by track, it is super fine. So many awesome things to mention. But I want to give my feedback this time and just share thoughts.

First drove M8 GTE from night to morning and into day, also with some storm rain level. That car with deep cockpit is not very good for observing tracks, but it was good enough for a beginning. It was really nice. Track is incredibly detailed, very nice colors and driving it feels great. Then also drove a car from woochoos 1954 mod and it was great too, a good car for observing track, with lots of view from cockpit. Both times didn't drive very well because of being distracted by track itself :D

Lol with M8 I thought that puddles give sounds, but later realised that it is delicate sound of the car

my feedback
    • In night road, white lines, and bariers looks quite bright (as you turn off headlights you see that they are quite visible)
    • GTE cars lights are insanely powerful, if you'd always have cars behind you will always feel like driving though the paddock which makes sense to be brightest place of the track. I wonder if those headlights aren't too strong, or they doesn't light up too wide. I would expect them to have less powerful lights, and also have light concentrated more forward, rather than so much in width. But I don't really know. I do suppose that those cars has insane lights, but I wonder if that is not too much.
    • Some more casual lights around the track seems to have too much light spread, I think their light shouldn't spread that much. However, there seems to be some lamps that doesn't light up surroundings. I guess for technical reasons.
    • Was really impressed by how nice the track looks when wet. Awesome look. But there seems to be an issue with square patches appearing, something is not entirelly right there. I have also noticed few objects that absolutely should be reflected by puddles, but arent, for example: tire wall on the left at the end of mulsane.
    • I think grass specularity could be better, more expressive.
    • I think gravel specularity could be better, more expressive.
    Thats it so far. Everything else seems amazing to me, and it is such a great feel to drive on it. Looking forward to some online racign there.

MiguelVallejo likes this.
  9. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I wish S397 put the tag "S397" next to their content in the menu. Same with Reiza and their DLC. I already had some tracks that are the same as the official content and without S397 or Reize in the name OR on the images when chosing car/track its sometimes impossible to know which is which.

Also which S397 made for cars like "GT3 S397" and inside is all the car brands and under them the skins. Just "Mercedes" and then "GT3" when i already have mods with the same its a bit tough sometimes. Sure with the cars they have their same style image now so that makes it a little bit better, but from a graphical designers point of view this can be made better for clarity.

Anyway, Happy that S397 chose this track and that its out! :)

10. Pales

Pales Registered

He also said exactly the same thing over a year ago :)

11. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Other things are ui and multiplayer :)

12. Pales

Pales Registered

Fingers crossed

mr.Sw1tchblade and DrivingFast like this.
  13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

11GB VRAM... My 8GB wont be enough, lol. Sebring is no problem triple 1080p.

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Also been asked by myself to have a better folder structure hopefully the UI will fix this. But atm looks very amateurish

16. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Levelup1 likes this.
  17. mister dog

mister dog Registered

And just when we were talking about it this video shows in my feed :D:

18. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Just some bugs (I'll upload the replay later if I can, with the various time codes)

-Had a new FCY bug I've not seen before. The FCY began but the safety car stayed in the pits.
    -The moment the FCY ended, the safety car then drove out on track and did a lap at 100k/h, with the track under green conditions.
    -With a few minutes left on the clock, I gave control of my car to the AI and ate a cookie. Then on the last lap, seeing a situation I could take advantage of with some back markers, I retook control. Upon receiving control, I was immediately given a cut track penalty in the middle of the Mulsanne straight? What the hell.
    -This cut track was in fact my third, meaning I had to come in for a stop/go. HOWEVER, it was the last lap of the race and it is not possible to serve a stop/go on the final lap of a race in rF2. You cannot make it to your pit stall without ending the race. Of course if you end the race without serving a penalty, the rF2 stewards frown on this and deduct 1 lap from your time sheet. Perhaps a stop/go penalty given on the final lap of a race should deduct 20s instead?

Emery and memoNo1 like this.
  19. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Mate.
    The cookie tasted?

Dont be angry with me please, just a joke.:cool::p