Released Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

You can also reduce track detail. But a further optimization pass is top priority in the coming couple of weeks. :)

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Circuit De La Sarthe in the track list in game.

3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Just spent a couple of hours in the C7 Corvette (probably because I really felt for Jan Magnussen).
    Love the track, great job Studio 397.
    pS the low drag package didn't yield much top speed.

4. AlenC

AlenC Registered

I'm glad to hear that! Do you think you can bring it down to Sebring level? An official minimum and recommended system requirements would be very welcome as well.

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Like i said i never had problems with rFactor2 or any other "software", just started yesterday with LeMans, and i run 64bits for years now...

6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Did around 70 laps yesterday with the GTE cars, including a 2Hr race (x10 time accel) in the Porsche 911R and I have mixed feelings.

I thought the 2017 mod was already great but this track is just fantastic, there are some differences in the layout and track design that really makes it so much better. Did several practice laps with the 3 GTE cars (and the Oreca mixed in there as AI) and it was great.....but racing in it didn't excite me too much, which reflects my overall feeling of rF2 as of lately.

- I got spoiled already by the night ambience and graphics of tracks in ACC, so LeMans at night felt a little bit dull in comparison.
    - Even though the AI fast line is fine, I'm not fan of the block line......they made some weird defensive moves.
    - Also I hadn't realized how exaggerated the draft is in rF2 (for the player), which becomes very evident in this track.
    - And I forgot how slow the AI is during night time. At this point I wasn't having fun anymore and still had half the race to go.

So yeah, great track but a forgettable experience.

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

this is why i dont buy yet
    its really dull at night
    you can find that kind of night light in real life too but not so dull
    so i l wait until new light track pbr comes to rf2

8. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

One thing I should note is that I watched an LMP2 Oreca just sit behind an LMP3 by lifting its throttle, seemed stuck on the same line rather than pass. (in a practice session).

9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

That's regular rF2 AI behavior during the inlap but I've been very vocal about this already so I won't say any more :D

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Do you play in 100% full ultra ?

In particular, do you use post processes in ultra ?

--> The difference in visual quality between PP medium and ultra is very important.

This completely changes the night experience, but not only.

11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

No. I have everything in game in Max settings but PP in medium. I didn't notice any particular difference between med-high-ultra in Sebring.
    I can try Ultra next time I run LeMans, but I still doubt it will look like ACC :p

12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Nobody plays in Ultra, like Marcel said Ultra is used for screenshot taking only...

13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I play in Ultra. Get over 100 fps!?

StrawmanAndy and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  14. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

There is a significative difference (quality) between medium and ultra (especially at night and sunset/sunrise/low sun.

in qualif mode (not race), I have most of the time 40 FPS (so 80 with ASW oculus rift S) with 100% (100%) full ultra ingame, AA level 5, nvidia inspector at max (texture high quality, etc....) with Le Mans, 60 AI, time scale X20, 5:00 AM - - > 9:00, light clouds ands sometimes rain, AI visible 6, mirrors.

I7 4770k not OC, GTX 1080 +5% OC, 16 go DDR3.

It is nonetheless unplayable in the race, obviously given race conditions and graphic settings.

15. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Tested this track with 60 AI. Had some lags at the beginning, in pits. And race itself was smooth. RTX2080, single screen.
    Laserscan is awesome, and i like cartoonish look.
    But:
    Objects appears in visible distance! Billboards and houses, not texture lods.
    Unfortunately i can't drive with closed eyes. And i can't not compare visuals with other titles.
    So
    +Laserscan
    +For little details on track- really nicely done!(i hope they will stay after optimization, better delete some trees)
    -objects draw distance and shadows+reflections+lighting model(not concrete prob of this track).

Ah, also this face is missed :)
    15608059563140.png

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    dazzer likes this.
  16. Riverside

Riverside Registered

Thanks for replying and for looking into this, good to see an expert, as opposed to a fanboy with a login, writing about comments of those of us experiencing issues..

17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

That's 'normal' in practice sessions.

David O'Reilly likes this.
  18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Lol

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  19. mister dog

mister dog Registered

I think the current lighting model is quite restricted. There is a general dull layer in the game in all conditions, mainly in morning/early afternoon you have this trademark Rf2 blueish tint (which I try to fix a bit by using reshade), and when it becomes late afternoon and transitions to night the blueish tint then disappears but there is still an overall lack of clarity and lighting/contrast. The difference between the parts that are still illuminated by the sun and the shadows is very bland and almost not noticeable, just looks dark in general.

Also with regards to lighting on trackside objects I think the options for s397 are limited, for example the main stand on the right side of the pit straight has yellow lighting in the roof, but ingame it just looks like the whole stand is lighted up a tad with white lighting and that's it:

[​IMG]

Also the house on the left of Tertre Rouge has red lighting decorating it's roofline, which you also don't have ingame:

[​IMG]

I hope that with the updated lighting model and the new shaders that are inbound, this fixes things as it's one of the main reasons Rf2 looks dated graphically. Also headlights are dull in a way and the contrast between your beam and the surroundings could be a lot more pronounced.

Alex72, Akela_DE, PirroC and 2 others like this.
  20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@mister dog clarity is really what bothers me
    and to be completely honest i did a A/B between iracing version and rf2 at night
    and i felt jealous about iracing
    i really hope developers here to put some effort and give us he best they can