Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

I will try your mod then. Without it i feel like i am cheater in rf2. Havent touched acc since 0,4 and now i suck there at the same tracks.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In the AMS mod I leave a little room for over rev, since the engine life is 2 hours (our longest races were 2 hours, this forced drivers to care their stuff) if you abuse that you can still destroy your engine in 60~90 minutes. My only goal with that was to stop people driving like F1 cars in qualify and parts of the race, sure I could make the gearbox super fragile instead, but IMO that would cause more league leaves...

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  3. mr.Sw1tchblade

Thank you for your initiative with this mod. Man, i never thougt what simpe f1-style downshifting in gt3 car can change driving expirience and results so hard.

4. Travis

Travis Registered

Version 1.0.1 of ACC has shipped; version 1.0.2 is available on the beta channel.

Like many people (just read the Steam reviews), I'm having all kinds of performance issues. ACC runs very poorly on my i5/GTX 1070Ti system whereas rF2, R3E, pCARS 1 & 2, AC and AMS all run very well. Looking around the internet, there are a lot of UE4 guides but nothing I could find was ACC specific. I stumbled upon the DSOG ACC performance review. It seems not all DX11 games are made equal.

Here is a link to the DSOG review: https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...o-corsa-competizione-pc-performance-analysis/

The DSOG test PC runs an Intel i7 4930K (overclocked at 4.2Ghz) with 16GB of DDR3 RAM at 2133Mhz and they swap between AMD’s Radeon RX580 and RX Vega 64 and NVIDIA’s RTX 2080Ti. For all intents and purposes, this PC is well above that of the Steam hardware survey and possibly quite a lot of us in general.

Here are a few of their findings:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I keep reading ACC's 'advanced physics' are the root cause of the poor performance when it's clearly a CPU bound sim. The fact is a 2080Ti cannot run ACC version 1.0.1 at 1080P with 29 AI in a storm at epic settings - something a 2080Ti can do in rF2 and pCARS 2 with ease.

This isn't a 'hit' post; I'm actually enjoying the driving ACC however I need to turn many visual settings down to get any performance from the sim. Turning off mirrors gives me a 30%-40% performance increase and keeping the mirrors on makes me feel like I have cataracts.

I am frustrated ACC shipped with so many issues for an out of EA release.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Sean_S36, FAlonso and marvelharvey like this.
  5. mr.Sw1tchblade

Future proof :)
    My 2080 rtx cant handle Pcars2 with AA x8 in rain conditions. 2560x1440 here. And light model,reflections and textures are step back from acc. Also, try to take some screenshots from the outside of your car. You will see Pcars2 loading high quality textures. Lod distance for cars is dramatically decreased.
    Cant wait for rtx 30xx cards :)
    Btw, AC ffb srttings back in ACC with new beta.
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2019.01.05 - 20.53.24.88.png ac2-win64-shipping.e Screenshot 2019.05.02 - 14.10.02.43.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.06.08 - 12.13.25.68.png

6. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

My PC couldn't handle GPL when it came out...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    lbird and bwana like this.
  7. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

FWIW I really can't be arsed to fiddle with ACC for hours to try to get it to work in VR. Peering through the juddery, noisy graphics gives me a headache after 20 minutes and it's a blessed relief when I switch back to AC or PC2 (both worked out of the box) or rFactor (I've invested time in getting it working well but it worked from the day I got my Rift).

8. stonec

stonec Registered

My hunch is that the CPU boundness in ACC has nothing much to do with physics. rF2 for example uses one physics thread and that thread is nowhere close to fully loading one core on a modern CPU. If the physics were closing on the CPU limits, there would always be a risk of physics "breaking down", which all sims try to avoid.

The bigger issue is that modern engines like UE4 make limited use of multiple cores in rendering, which becomes a problem when the single core performance of CPU's has barely improved in the last five years. Somebody made an investigation on RD forum on how many threads sim racing titles actually use, which I found it interesting. Basically in all sims except F1 2018 there is a big likelihood that the graphics are being bottlenecked by the CPU, meaning the GPU can't be utilized fully.
    You are most likely CPU limited with an RTX 2080 if you are running that 1440p in single screen.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  9. mr.Sw1tchblade

Maybe. I dont like to see fps/ cpu counters on my screen. I have i7 skylake cpu. So only 4 cores+ hyper-threading. ACC is using 5 threads as i know.
    Yep, single screen here.
    Good for me i am not in cyber sport :) ACC is so immersive because of visuals and sounds. I stoped driving gt3s in rf2 because w/o drivetrain simulation i can be faster in every corner here. Maybe, with high-end steering wheels RF2 is shining, but with my g29 i have some, but not much, different feelings.
    Still i spend more time in rf2, because i want to master lmp driving

10. Travis

Travis Registered

I believe ACC is an unoptimised mess right now and this borne out by the DSOG review.

Whilst I don't expect to play every single release at max settings with my hardware, it is inexcusable that a 2080Ti paired with a high spec CPU cannot run ACC at 1080P even with epic settings enabled.

ACC isn't the "Crysis" of sim racing; having played Hellblade without issue, I was expecting more from UE4 and Kunos.

11. mr.Sw1tchblade

Another UE racing game. Time to compare? :)

12. stonec

stonec Registered

I may be nitpicking, but the GPU really isn't the issue. You could run the game with an RTX 99999 and it would still produce the same FPS if the engine is CPU limited. In fact an RTX 2080 Ti is overkill for any game at 1080p. The review is clear about where the bottleneck is:
    So even at 1440p the GPU is hugely underutilized. I wish they had tested with high-speed DDR4 RAM and with the latest CPU models, as that would have given an idea about what you can gain with the CPU. But the bottom line is that UE4 and other engines are becoming more and more CPU bottlenecked. Instead of the most expensive GPU you need a modern i5/i7 with the highest possible single core performance, which means having clocks close to 5 GHz. Also fast DDR4 memory is preferable as games are becoming more RAM speed dependent.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  13. Travis

Travis Registered

1.0.2 Preview (eventual public hotfix changelist subject to changes)

GENERAL:
    - The .exe now starts in "-nohmd" mode if "-vr" is not specified.
    This now allows direct shortcuts with "-vr" command and reduces the number of required launch modes in Steam.
    - Fixed a crash when pausing the game from the helicam.

GAMEPLAY:
    - Added savegame system in Career and Championship modes.
    - Savegame feature is not available in Hotlap and Hotstint mode
    - Improved general .json encoding system.
    - Added structure to manage multiple savegames (Single Player).
    NOTE: not yet enabled in the public build.
    - Added auto-saving after complete sessions in Career and Championship.
    - Fixed driver stint status in savegame.
    - Fixed incorrectly forced 10-minute driver stint length in championship and career.
    - Fixed inaccurate session results in some savegames.
    - Fixed Fanatec LEDs building in reverse order (due to a change in the Fanatec SDK).
    - Updated controller presets.
    - Fixes to MP replays (e.g. flickering spawned cars when the replay was shorter than the session).
    - Fixes to game stability.
    - Tweaks to accident/yellow-flag highlights.
    - Fixed a bug of 'ghost cars' appearing in some cases in multiplayer highlights.
    - Added option to customize weather for championship rounds.
    NOTE: selecting "Custom" weather allows the player to customize the weather for every championship round before each event.
    - Fixed end-race cameras and car positions (e.g. back from replay after end-race highlights).
    - Fixed HUD disappearing after trying to play an invalid replay.
    - Revised AI skill levels in Career in various difficulty settings.
    - More straightforward session-end:
    Added status message at the end of sessions informing the player to wait for all opponents to cross the finish line before proceeding to the next session.
    - Fixed ignition turning off when killing the engine during pit stops.

UI:
    - Added mouse input in VR.
    - Fixed an issue with navigating the MFD in VR.
    - Fixed tyre sets section being incorrectly active when wet compound was selected in the tyre and strategy windows in the Setup screen.
    - Fixed incorrect title in the Championship car selection menu.

AUDIO:
    - Audio communications optimization.

GRAPHICS:
    - Added another AA method.
    Temporal is now more effective against jaggies, while KTAA is more effective against ghosting.
    - Revised steering animations on various cars to delay hands switching over too early.
    - Fixed rim speed different from tyre speed.
    - Fixed slow motion rim/tyre speed in replays.

MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
    - Reduced the join lag when a new car model joins a session.
    - Drivers cannot join ongoing race sessions anymore (server settings option "isRaceLocked").
    - Fixed race track status not being properly reset after the race session.
    - Changed the way backend systems store data, so data is still correctly saved even under high loads.
    - Racecraft Rating calculations are temporarily suspended.
    - Rating widget now will correctly detect reconnections. While disconnected, it will simply dissapear.
    - Backend systems performance improvements.
    - Advanced MP options: Fixed the slider weights for night and rain.
    - Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "clean": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
    - Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "latency": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
    - Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of track weights, especially low values will massively rank down corresponding servers.
    - Matching now (almost) ignores servers in race sessions, instead of ranking them down.
    - Fixed CP servers not showing up for a number of user IP addresses.

PHYSICS & FFB:
    - Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa.
    Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".

Fremen78 likes this.
  14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

anyone notice a snap oversteer that you cannot easily avoid ?
    actually you cannot do anything when car starts oversteer in a slow way but cannot correct it

15. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I am thoroughly enjoying driving the GT3's in ACC to the point I haven't touched rF2 since v1.0 release. I'll eventually come back from time to time for the LMP's and DTM cars.
    GT3's felt nice in rF2 but I'm enjoying them a little bit better in ACC.....plus the rain, and the sounds and the graphics....and the AI has also improved significantly since EA.

It's been a freakin bug fest however and a terribly optimized game but things are slowly improving.

Travis, Mibrandt, Sean_S36 and 2 others like this.
  16. mr.Sw1tchblade

17. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I've always wondered what those sort of videos (I remember them for rF2 as well) are supposed to be showing us. So the tyre graphics show the tyre being distorted under load, so what? The most trivial tyre model could do that. It's cool but it means nothing.

18. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I hear your application for job in the Kunos marketing department was turned down, no reason given :D

fsuarez79 likes this.
  19. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

Today I only drive in this simulator, it feels incredible and the online system has pleasantly surprised me.
    I am having careers with great cleanliness.

The number of players has grown a lot since v.1.0, if kunos does things very well that keeps these players.

[​IMG]
    Blue: rF2
    Green: ACC

20. stonec

stonec Registered

Not really because you couldn't do such things with rF1 tire model. But the bigger question is indeed what this shows us. Having the tire distorting graphically is one thing, but is it actually hooked up with physics? rF2 tire model does this so greatly because it simulates a physical tire construction and not a mathematical model, so whatever flex and flat spots you see in the visual tire directly translates to physics. But for these other sims, I'm not so sure. Sim developers in general have gone very quiet regarding physics advances and like to market things like graphics instead.