Seriously how long now please?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Jun 6, 2019.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

This is not a rant or dissing the devs I just want an answer .
    (some sort) ..

I know the road maps help but they are sort of not really telling us much apart from new dlc here there.....

I know this has been discussed before, but my patience is getting rather thin with rf2, it really seems to be lagging behind and of course we don't want that. I've stopped buying dlc is I'm unsure the sim will get support where it's needed in the future.

Is there any eta when this UI will come out so you guys can get on with fixing the simulation parts of the game at all?

Sorry I Love rf2 and I'm here to support you but it's getting real hard these days with just dlc and shallow road maps, which I do appreciate even though it's not telling us much, fix wise.

Apologies dan

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

When it's ready. They are testing and bug fixing at this point (as stated in the road map), so it will probably be before the end of this year. Right now there will be the 24H of lemans in the next couple of months, or even weeks. It's just how perfect do they want it before releasing? I personally prefer it being done well before released.

If you aren't patient enough, then try out some leagues.

kimbo, jayarrbee36 and Rui Santos like this.
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Being impatient is perfectly understandable, what is not, it is the lack of information.

For example, I had asked Marcel directly on the forum where they were with the improvement of the rain (they had said that in the simexpo they would collect a lot of real data) :

There was never an answer, but the question was legitimate and straightforward, but the S397 guys often answer other places (discord, racedepartment ...), even when the questions are irrelevant or less important.

Is that which is tiring, more than impatience.

2ndLastJedi and Sean_S36 like this.
  4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

The UI is in testing at the moment, all the basic features are done. We have integrated the competition system and the launcher. What's now left is a few phases of testing, starting with our internal testing team and then some additions to our content (stuff like extra descriptions to show in various places, and new artwork) and finally translations into different languages. It's our intention to do a public beta as soon as our private beta team can't find any bugs or other showstoppers anymore. How long until that point? Hard to say exactly, but weeks rather than months. That's my most honest view on the current state.

jonelsorell, J7166, Gonzo and 65 others like this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

Edited

6. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

I got 1 question: is hud a part of ui?

Adam Helyes, Sean_S36 and DrivingFast like this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Great

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Thanks Marcel for being honest and for even replying to such a thread , I didn't mean any disrespect of any kind and I AM a fan of the sim. That little piece of information is reassuring and id be happy to help anyway I can in beta.

Thank you
    Dan

9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Then we'll let S397 start their summer holiday. ;)

10. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

Oh boy i cannot wait for the new UI!!! Is what i would have said 2 years ago because i am pretty sure that is what they said and well look now

11. Depco

Depco Registered

This is the best, most specific news I can recall on the new UI and competition infrastructure in a good long time. Having Become quite jaded I was advising my league members to wait until 2020 before it's released.

memoNo1 and B. Gant like this.
  12. Binny

Binny Guest

I think the way you have answered this being more direct will work for you in the future at every roadmap if you keep telling it as it is. I appreciate your str8 forward honest answer. Transparency is a big thing these days and very hard to find.

13. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

rF2 is the only sim I complain about because it's the only one I care about.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Seriously :) (no really) well. If the dang thing is two years overdue....I cannot fathom it just appearing. 2020?????
    I am worried they will introduce the UI in pieces, and that WE, the all knowing users, will revolt when the first portion is uncovered and it has very little in the way of NEW SHINY options. My fingers are crossed, hoping the UI/Comp system etc really does make us all impressed, but my intuition says the first release may be a baby step when we are all expecting a Giant Leap for Mankind.

LokiD likes this.
  15. Depco

Depco Registered

That is a fair point. I have heard the new UI and competition Infrastructure (CI) being the cure for a great many of the grievances brought against rF2 by its users. These claims are never by the Devs, but from users who are clamoring for any relief from their particular concern about rF2. I am kind of concerned as well that the UI and CI reveal will be wholly disappointing for many of the users who were expecting massive changes and improvements. The amount of time between the UI and CI update announcement and the eventual release has been so great that some have begun to expect a completely new game to emerge from this update.

I have found that keeping expectations low helps when I am anticipating something like this. If the UI and CI update is underwhelming my feeling of disappointment will be significantly smaller and less soul shattering. If the release is a great deal better than I had anticipated I can be pleasantly surprised. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    John, davehenrie and LokiD like this.
  16. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

It's always a bit tricky to use analogies to describe something as they almost never completely fit, but you can compare the new UI to an iceberg. We had to change a lot of stuff below the covers to end up with a front-end that uses modern web technology and that really for us lays the foundation for future developments in the years to come. In that sense, this is the first big step which allows us to add and evolve more things in the years to come without being constrained by the current UI technology.

bluet, rubennaatje, Leynad and 25 others like this.
  17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

edit..What he said ^^^ :rolleyes:
    I'm anticipating the initial release will only include one new major element, the comp system.
    Apart from a few minor new options ( eg, filter AI on server lobby, tooltips/info etc) it will all just seem cosmetic changes.
    I would love to be totally wrong.

18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

One of the main things I would have liked them to improve greatly is the weather/realroad system (at the UI level).

But given the screenshots I've seen, I do not think that will be the case.
    At least in V1.0

19. Pales

Pales Registered

What's next, will you finally look to resolve the ai slip stream bug??? You're releasing all these lovely new tracks but I can't play them because the AI get stuck behind each other...............!!

ECAR_Tracks and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I don't get that "most wanted feature" of the AI overtaking you, usually i'm faster than them. If you want to be overtaken join a league :D