Latest Roadmap Update - May 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 31, 2019.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Le Mans? Sweet!

3. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

Wohaa le mans is great

But no news for nords, no screens etc for it, it should not be that away

vittorio likes this.
  4. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Le Mans!

Hammer!

jayarrbee36, memoNo1 and Norman K. like this.
  5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Thanks for the road map.. We'll done with lm

6. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

More DLC very soon. No concrete statements about fixing the million problems that have been around for years. I don't think anyone will be surprised.

7. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Le Mans ,fantastic !

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

"we’re looking forward to bringing an updated competition format for you all to take part in. Details will be posted shortly!! "

"The UI itself we are still very busy under the hood, working on optimizations and fixing bugs that arise as part of the new features being integrated. One big feature we can now announce is the Launcher as you now know it, a separate application sitting on your desktop will now have all of it’s features fused into the in-game UI. This means no extra interface to deal with, it’s an all in one unified UI experience, as it should be! And of course we by now also implemented more details in the in-game matchmaker...."

it's a may 2019 roadmap or may 2017?
    :D:D

9. Tech G

Tech G Registered

Yeah while they still have one of the best driving sims around (the ACC release didn't go to well) and this game always keeps me coming back, but the multitude of known bugs that linger and the very unfriendly new user experience will continue to limit what would for sure be a market segment leader.

S397 we all here think you're doing a great job, awesome news on Le Man, but please can we get some info on the bug fixes.

10. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

LeMans is in two weeks. Can we hope?

11. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Think so!

12. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I just died and went to heaven!!
    Thank you S397 :D

xerofer, kimbo and Narrowbackwing like this.
  13. philman

philman Registered

Great news for Le Mans.
    But no news about tools for modders!

guod, Mauro and dazzer like this.
  14. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

LeMans sounds great.....but not so much when you think about LMP2's stuck behind GTE cars for 4 minutes during their inlap for refueling or not being able to draft overtake on mulsanne straight.

I'd love to start reading about your attention to AI bugs during the next roadmaps

Rony1984, Travis, Duvel and 5 others like this.
  15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Every roadmap the same complaining about lack of news regarding bugfixing. It's obvious that the UI and the competition system will be finalized before you turn to new tasks.

bwana and Ricardo Diz like this.
  16. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

We've been waiting for the UI for 2 years, I apologize if we sound a little anxious for them to turn to other things :rolleyes:

17. dazzer

dazzer Registered

[​IMG]
    here waiting for news about ia and more realistic careers in mode offline...

(just is a joke) I appreciate the work of studio 397. :):):):)

muzikant likes this.
  18. Depco

Depco Registered

Given the amount of content we have received in the time that they been developing the new UI and competition infrastructure, I suspect that they've got a lot more people working on content than they do on the UI and competition infrastructure.

With that said, I imagine rebuilding the entire code base under the hood caused significant delays that they werent anticipating. At this point though, I believe we have a lot more people falling into the camp of growing significantly impatient.

Of course, they could also be making sure the new bits and pieces are top notch so that they don't have a piss poor showing upon their release.

F1 2004, bwana and Narrowbackwing like this.
  19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Here are my 2 cents..
    Please have indulgent with a not really good English.
    What I want to say is: RF2 is the Sim!
    After that comes nothing for a long time. But since yesterday I'm in ACC's possession and I have to say that ACC, RF2 comes close to physics and FFB. OK the few bugs, especially in VR will be fixed soon. But finally a rain race without complications and into the night was already a pleasure.
    I have not been there for a long time (RF2) but I keep reading that many bugs have been known for a long time. Maybe you should change your policy a little bit S397 and add some more transparency. I hope very much for soon a perfectly functioning RF2.
    Please take care of the various bugs so that we can enjoy our Sim in peace. The performance in VR mode needs to be urgently fixed(!). My own race settings should be easier to go by the hand... I know we are all human, but a bit more flow of information would calm everyone's mind here .. Sebring, Monaco E Prix .. the NOS and LeMans are the reference and they are already. But please take care of the supporting foundation of our Sim. Just give us more information and insights about the current state of the art and final plans. When is your deadline regarding the UI?
    Do not get me wrong, but if I'm in the evening after work feel like to drive a round, I do not feel like much crafts until it fits. Since I can indulge with a few laps ACC now. RF2 is in the current state rather something for the weekend when you have time .. unfortunately ..

Corgan, muzikant and dazzer like this.
  20. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

the new UI & competition system could bring a lot of new people to rF2...but if the game underneath still isn't working properly they might not stick around for long...