My First MOD (Imported from AC)

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by darcidm, May 4, 2019.

1. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Answered by PM.

2. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Bernd will help you sort that out;)

For AC you have to put the camber/toe in the model and the animation because the ingame physics do not change model visually.
    For rF2, the physics make that happen so wheels etc should be put in straight up without anything altered.

This is something for anyone converting an AC mod into rF2 must do.

graphicaluserinterface and Bernd like this.
  3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

That explains the problem. ;)
    I have never opened an AC car, so i didn't knew that.

4. darcidm

darcidm Registered

I'll remove the slope.

5. darcidm

darcidm Registered

What is the correct position for the Pivot Point on the helmet. Center on helmet or base?

How do I resolve when 3DSimED does not change Pivot Point?

6. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

pivot point for helmet should be neck position/bottom of helmet, you can centre the pivot and then from a side view take the z value by moving cursor to height wanted, then simply exchange old z value, done.

darcidm likes this.
  7. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Sure, I only know because I work both lol.

8. darcidm

darcidm Registered

I can not put my sound in DevMod
    I put the files in a folder and also the .mas in the main folder.
    I entered .sfx in the .veh file and the path in .gen
    It works in another MOD, but not in that one.

9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

This is interesting!
    What car are you doing?

10. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Normally you can put the MAS file with the sounds in the same folder where the HDV, TBC and all other main files are.
    And you only have to link the correct SFX file in the veh files, that's all.
    That always works.
    You don't have to link the MAS with the sound files in the gen file and you also don't have to unpack the sound files, put them into a folder and link that in the gen file.
    What you also can do is, to create the proper folder in the Devmode Sounds folder and put the sound files into that.
    But you have to ensure that the folder structure matches the entries in the SFX file.
    If the SFX entries for example are (example is skip barber):
    VS_INSIDE_POWER_ENGINE_1=1.3,SkipBarber\skipb_in_onidle.wav
    You have to create the subfolder 'SkipBarber' in the Sounds folder and put the sound files into that.

11. darcidm

darcidm Registered

In the game, sound it's working. Only on DevMod does not. I'll try it that way.

I lined up the wheels, leaving them all upright. With that the Pivot Point has changed a little. I made the adjustments and then I used 3DSimED importing all the parts of each wheel and inserting the Pivot Point and exporting. Only now the car is getting high in the Showroom. On the track is right. Well propped up on the floor and the wheels running properly.

What did I do wrong?

12. darcidm

darcidm Registered

The idea is to make F1 car. The first it's complicated, but the game is loading and serves as an incentive.

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

In the version of the mod that i have got from you, the lowest part of the car (ignore the wheels), the front part of the mer19_plank.gmt, is 41 mm above of height 0.
    I always put the lowest part of the cars, to height level 0 and it always shows up correct in the showroom and on track (the GraphicalOffset= Values in the HDV file should be set to 0,0,0 !) .
    I would recommend to move all meshes 41 mm down.
    Be careful when you do it in 3dsimed, because the movement of course also affects the pivot points.
    And 3dsimed has to be used properly, if you want to keep the correct pivot points of parts like the wheel and spindle parts and the helmet and steering wheel.
    If you load all meshes together as objects in 3dsimed, to move their position, all of these meshes have to be tagged as moveable or all their pivot points get set to 0,0,0, when you export them after the movement.
    But the pivot point of the driver mesh has to be set to 0,0,0 after the movement or it's animation gets distorted.

14. darcidm

darcidm Registered

Leave at Z = 0 the lowest part of the entire car (minus the wheels) or the lower part of the Body.gmt

15. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The lowest Part of the cars Body (that includes all parts of the body/chassis), yes.
    Without the Wheels and Suspension Parts.
    As said, in your Case it is the mer19_plank.gmt, that is 41 mm above of height 0, at it's lowest point.
    So i would move all meshes 41 mm downwards, as described in my above post.

16. darcidm

darcidm Registered

I put the car with the lowest point in '0', but I have to import into 3DSimED, explode, inform the Pivot Poit and export so that the showroom stay correct.

17. darcidm

darcidm Registered

Where do I adjust the size of the tire that is smaller?

18. Bernd

Bernd Registered

In 3dsimed, i do that in 2 steps.
    All parts have to be moved 41 mm down.
    You have parts that have a pivot point different than 0,0,0 and the rest should have the pivot point 0,0,0.
    To keep the pivot points that are different than 0,0,0, the meshes that have that, have to be tagged as moveable, like described in a former post.
    These parts are the steering wheel, the helmet and the meshes from the wheel and spindle instances.
    As first step i import all these parts together as objects and check if they have the correct pivot point and are tagged as moveable.
    Then i move them all together 41 mm down and export them.
    The pivot points will be adapted to the modified height automatically.
    As second step, i import all other parts, including the driver mesh as objects and ensure that none of these parts is tagged as moveable.
    Then i move them 41 mm down too and export them.
    All their pivot points are 0,0,0 then.
    Thats it.

What do mean?
    The size of the 3D should be the correct one and the width and radius in the tbc should match the size.
    Also the rim radius in the tbc.
    And to resize tires (tgm) to the matching size, you can use the online tools of chris. http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/

19. darcidm

darcidm Registered

Should be problem with the physics I'm using (SkipBarber). I used the Tires in another MOD and they are correct.

20. darcidm

darcidm Registered

Using the physics of 2018 MOD it work's well. I just need to hit the mirrors and DRS.