Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Wasn’t expecting that video. I never had an issue with PC2 graphics so if Reiza can get the FFB and physics right then they will likely be onto a winner. I did wonder whether PC2 had some good stuff under the hood that didnt come through. Maybe Reiza have found some good potential. Gonna be a good Christmas.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Actually they did, the Camaro files are not hidden and have everything they added to the game ;)

You are right tho, PC2 is not moddable (officially)
    The reason I joined SCE/AMS back then was because EEC was moving to that sim so our GT3 and LMS mods were ported, without them I'd not have bought SCE to be honest. So idk if I'll buy this AMS2. I can only hope Reiza will keep releasing content in rF2, especially the tracks, that's the only way I can keep supporting them

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  3. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

Without bashing anything then I think it would be an important reasoning to to ask the question: Why is it exactly the graphic engine from rF2 AMS have voted down?
    Is it because they have concluded that exactly this part of the rF2 sim has no future among modern sims?;)

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Could very well be the reasoning and it is quite obvious that a nice presentation sells your product easier. But the desicion to work with the Madness engine makes me wonder how much of the stuff that makes AMS a great package will be included in the coming title. The more I think about it, PCars 2 had so many shortcommings and limitations compared to AMS that were not connected to graphics and weather options, that I am really looking forward to how they are going to solve those issues. After the rF2 DLC it was quite obvious why they didn't use rF2 as a platform though. The DLC content still isn't up to scratch compared to S397 content and featuring all the features that it has in AMS. :)

5. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

And what could that be ? :rolleyes:

6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Terrible AI, much more limited options for race sessions, no FCY/safety car, terrible sound, very limited opponent selection and alot more. The only thing that PC2 was actually better at was the UI, visuals/weather, together with and VR support. The rest of the game is alot more show than anything else.

Emery, Mauro and Rui Santos like this.
  7. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

In this discussion (and the discussion in the official pC2 forum) people dont know the meaning of "using the pC2 Madness engine".
    Because if it means also to include pC2s physics engine and the tire model then the comming AMS sim will have nothing in common with either the existing AMS sim or rF2.
    So..

NOTE: Ofcourse I dont know it either - but using some reasoning then it cannot include both the Madness physics and its tire model without being more or less pC3.:rolleyes:

Mauro and Rui Santos like this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

New Automobilista = IMMEDIATE PURCHASE

Very happy with the upcoming release.

I pray that physics be those of rF2............

9. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Great announcement. First class visuals with (and I don't have any concerns) phenomenal Reiza-FFB/physics and sounds. I'm pretty sure, Automobilista will receive a lot of love then, it really deserves for years.

Beyond AMS2. Also great, that they will update and implement the turbo simulation of AMS in rF2. They did not have to do that, but this is the stunning philosophy of Reiza. Kudos to them.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  10. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Madness engine has his built-in physics engine (heavily based on rF one), Reiza is going to use it for their titlee too. This doesn't mean they are going to release a PC3 like title, look at TheGranTour game, it is based on rF2 physics engine but this doesn't mean it drives like it. So no matter if the physics engine has been used for other titles too, the difference is how you use it (fine tuning, adding code, scrapping useless features in favour of others, etc).

Emery and LokiD like this.
  11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Excuse me but did I really just read that right? If it was S397, not implementing available core features on paid content, you can be sure that riots would have been the result. Turbos are a feature in rF2 since 2012, so I kind of expect that to be done by a professional team playing in the high ranks. That's a requirement and not a sign of goodwill in my book that they finish their work properly before moving on to new ventures.

12. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Ups...sorry. The rest of the sentence disappeared. The last sentence should refer to the 2 new layouts for Imola, Reiza will bring as a gift for all owners.
    Sure, it's necessary to update the turbo as it is missing right now and I don't understand why.

13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

but still has more potential than rf2, I love rf2 but its like gotten stale somewhat , blame the UI blame ISI blame whatever..... just rf2 seems to be going nowhere!

mr.Sw1tchblade, F1Aussie and UsedMomo like this.
  14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

If that's your impression, so be it. Only thing I can tell you is that people are talking since five years or more now, how rF2 is dead, that nobody plays it and that upcomming sim XYZ will be an 'put-in-your-sim-of-choice'-killer and the next best thing since sliced bread. And yet, we are here on a forum for a game that get's played since seven years with good reviews and a user base that inbcreased slowly over the years and iRacing that is still going strong with an engine routing back to NR2003. The reality has looked very different so far compared to what some people predicted and potential hasn't been used, where it could have been used. And this applies for all studios and products across the board. I am not even trying to tell people what they should like or not or that AMS will not be worth it - noone knows right now.

But it is clear that people get on hype trains easily, to some extend understandable, but I am not blind enough to see that there are clear limitations within the Madness engine, that will be hard to solve for a small studio that isn't really well known for creating their own core engine and solving core issues. Maybe the mentioned cooperation with SMS can help, but the description under the teaser video is something that I read several years ago allready and SMS isn't exactly the dev studio that I trust to get their stuff together. And you as an avid AI user and offline racer should be the first one to know this.

Alessio Feletto and Spyro like this.
  15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

forget sms this is reiza……

goodnite!

16. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Really? I think it's the opposite...

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Please read the teaser video description again. It is a technical partnership between Reiza ans SMS.

@Corgan Reiza never really used and developed their own engine. They have added little bits ans pieces but nothing in the scale of what sms, kunos or ISI/s397 did. AMS is a very polished product though. Let's see if they can achieve the same with SMS. By the end of the year we will know it.

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think Reiza did good choice I doubt that they loose any physics, most likely will improve, and people will also find it somehow bad because if it will improve it will get different.

I am sad though that rF2 engine wasn't chosen. I somehow had dreams that few teams could get united on developing a single same engine. But perhaps thats too much of a gamble and commercially makes less sense.

19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

lol ive actually been talking to Renato regarding what they can and cant do, and im pretty sure SMS other than licensing their engine (and technical advice) to reiza wont have anything else to do with AMS2. But hey well see, maybe it might be out before rf2 ui right ?! Im glad they haven't got the rf2 route though, theres no need for an rf2 clone.

so yea ill stick by my original statement.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    mr.Sw1tchblade, F1Aussie and UsedMomo like this.
  20. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

So Reiza wrote something in the description that isn't true? Or are you just making a guess, or was it SMS who made the statement? Either way, I read a lot of bullshit from Ian Bell and SMS throughout the years and PRC selling out to SMS was basicly the sign that people should be careful trusting anything related to SMS. But to each their own. If you think that some of the content shown in the trailer comes out of nowhere, then we have both a very different understanding of what a technical partership is.