S397 attention needed here

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by 2ndLastJedi, May 25, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well i haven't touched rF2 in what feels like months , I've even done a full reinstall of my Windows 10 troubleshooting other issues.

I came back to rF2 expecting good things, but sadly not much seems to have changed .

With the latest announcement from Reiza that AMS 2 will be with use by years end i think S397 need to tidy up all the issues with existing content! Its almost embarrassing :(

First:
    S397 have been entrusted with some very special cars in the McLaren open wheelers (M23,MP4/13, 8)! These cars may drive beautifully but really are let down by little things like the mirrors (that can be adjusted in mod cars) cant be adjusted in these cars (that hold a very special place in history) that should have been completely perfected before release let alone months ,possibly over a year since release !

Its not just the McLarens , the March 761 (and im sure there are others) is another that has mirrors pointing off in the sky or way out wide with no way to bring them back into a usable position!

People should add to this thread with issues that need attention so S397 can have a easy to find list of community noted problems .

Please S397 tidy up all the little things before adding more half finished content because with AMS 2 coming and who knows what else poor rF2 may well be left to .......

2. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

the mirrors thing has been mentioned before and the Devs have said they will look into it (no pun intended).

They do really need to get on with it though, I don't know of any other driving game ever released where you cannot see out of the mirrors!
    (I know there is a manual of key combo's for adjusting the mirrors, but they won't help if you cannot see the keyboard and the inside of the car at the same time)

simple things like this will put off new players to the game before they get deeper into it to appreciate how good the driving actually is.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Those manual key combos dont even work at all on some cars and on others it doesn't have enough range to get them to where they need to be !

4. Supa

Supa Registered

You forgot to also mention the fact there is no proper drivetrain model so you can't enjoy the lovely McLaren open wheelers that use a manual gearbox. As well as the new Reiza stuff which was mostly manual H pattern gearboxes and anything else that uses a manual gearbox. But But lets see how many new DLCs we can pump out to generate more income!!!!! I use Maily AMS now and only do some online stuff in RF2. Not looking good for when AMS2 comes out eh!

UsedMomo, 2ndLastJedi and Marisa like this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I can make a pretty long list but thought to start with just one and see how many other users could/would add.
    Im the same, only fire rF2 up to see if any new changes happened in the last six months since last use. AMS and R3E for me ATM,but will see how ACC feels I'm a couple of days and may use that for GT3/open wheelers (lol) online if it works well.

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I'm sure s397 know what needs to be fixed.... Heck with been posting them For a number of years now.

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yep, and I'm sure will be for years to come or S397 actually fix it, lol or maybe just until people get fed up (which I'm nearly there) :(

8. Binny

Binny Guest

the new UI is taking so long 1 can only hope a lot of issues will be fixed on its release. well that's what im hoping for.

2ndLastJedi likes this.