Released Formula E Monaco E-Prix 2019 NOW Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 10, 2019.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you and others feel and I certainly would have handled things different if I was running the bussines, but maybe there are reasons for the whole process regarding the FE-content that none of us knows. That said, there is quite a difference between treating loyal fans like trash and offering content in the way it was offered. All of you got what you you've paid for the moment you hit the button. As you said, next time wait a bit and you are on the safe side. S397 aren't the salvation army, they are running a business afterall. Anyway, I think everything that needs to be said, was said allready. ;)

2. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I used the correct your. It's not "you're loss", that doesn't make sense. Your as in owning, not you are.
    Okay, from now no I refuse to buy any s397 UNTIL I see a group bundle. That way I'm still supporting s397, but never giving them my full money until they offer the whole game and every DLC for a discounted price. Great way to support the title.

Also, if we all agree it's a bad time to do it then why you pissed? If everyone took that moto, we'd all be poorer. For myself, spending money on games isn't a luxury I have. In fact, I should not have bought the Gen2 because it wasn't financially the correct move. So, I'm pissed because I invested thinking for the better of the company, when really perhaps I should of been selfish. Maybe my fault, but still feel it's within my rights to express my disappointment. Also, if someone from s397 responded - even to defend - perhaps I wouldn't keep going on. Their communications on this has been terrible, they're just ignoring it and that's not a solid tactic. Deal with the situation, explain your argument and go from that. I've seen or heard nothing about their decision not to offer the bundle earlier, like the GT3 packs. Just 101 bad PR.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    xerofer and Rui Santos like this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah. Except I didn't edit it. That's the thing with being a smartass... it's hard to avoid tripping up later, and once you make a move like fixing someone's post someone's going to ride you for it. We can all communicate fine, just stick to the issue instead of taking cheap shots with spelling and grammar.

hitm4k3r will (might) respond for himself, but being right (about it being a bit of a raw deal) doesn't excuse calling S397 dishonest (as some have done) or making it sound like it's a massive loss.

ADSTA likes this.
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

It's a matter o perspective: if they had time to lurk all the forums and reply to all the complaints customers move daily, probably would mean that development is stopped. the fact they are paid to work and not stay on the forum is a good healty sign to me. Could they hire someone to reply the forums ? Yeah sure, but then they should detour part of their incomes just to pay someone that soon will need a liver transplant :D. I don't think they have enough money to give to someone that does not actually produce something that can be sold on the market.
    So, RF2 is now roughly 7 years old, had two different parents, and has not yet reached adulthood, it is improving and it is still alive, yes is not the biggest children in the park, but still he is alive. I'm here since day 1 just to see where it will go, I'm waiting to see the online competition system if will be a turning point in his development or not, cars, track and features are secondary to me.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

What’s the grass like ?

(-;

Juwe Lahann and ADSTA like this.
  6. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

He took the cheap shot first, so it's fight for fight. It's my money, don't tell me it's part of "capitalism." Next time you get screwed by the political system, just accept it because that's the 21st century. Suck it up. Not a good mentality.

I'm also not asking hitm4k3r to respond, asking s397 to respond in regard to why Monaco wasn't a bundle before. If you want to stick to the subject, don't argue then reveal you agree that not releasing it as a bundle is a bad move. Whole argument has been pointless when you just agree with the motive.

I get it costs money, but you can hire people to do admin work or reply to forums for part time, and doesn't have to be local. Also, they're responding on the RD forums, but not here. With Zandvoort, all the updates they're talking about have happened on RD rather than on s397 forums. So should we all move to RD? What's the official location for the latest news/knowing the potential updates/fixes going on? Here or RD? They're happy to post on RD, but not here for some reason. IMO, what's the point in having and paying for this site if you're putting news out on RD before on here? It's just not managed well.

Rui Santos likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Points were made regarding incompetent releases schedule of FE and Monaco Eprix. I don't see the point of dodging good criticism, that is hardly debatable. Also there is no point to grind this point anymore and resonating into even more ridiculous discussions...

What about speaking about actual product ?

I'd like to point out that almost no attention went towards the actual product. The model of the track could be better.

I think it is awesome that community is nice and respectful, and doesn't act stupid about little insignificant visual stuff, however attitude to content modeling is very forgiving, community doesn't seem to have any thrust in noticing details and generating useful criticism and feedback. It is likely that rF2 simply hasn't attracted a lot of people who are picky about graphics and models. And if so, it will not do that in future either.

Of course there is a bright side of it, simulation community is physics biased, it is more pure in terms of simulation genre. Unlike some other community which is heavily models biased.

dazzer and StrawmanAndy like this.
  8. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I'd love to give you a review, but I still haven't bought it. So, there's my review of s397 Monaco.:cool:

9. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

We are living in a world of fanatics with closed eyes and a sheep mentality, like this, corruption can live and honesty will die. I don't care myself about the €3.00, but for some people it is a lot of money. I'm fine paying full price for new stuff, so if the bundle would have been released a few months after releasing FE Gen2 and Monaco, I wouldn't have had any problems with it. It is funny that there are some people who have to defend this action like they being attacked, and the person who works for S397 keeps quiet. The whole thing has the effect that people who like rF2 have lost their trust in S397 and maybe stop supporting the game, the typical modern business model: be greedy make money fast but loose money in the long run.
    By the way, I'm very happy with the product the developers have done and can imagine they aren't involved on the business side of it.

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have been both side of the fences and the color is the same. ;)

Adrianstealth likes this.
  11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Just answering this post, as I think that you deserve an honest answer and you asked for it. I don't tell you what to do with your money, but give you an opinion on the subject so that people run less into frustration next time they buy a DLC, because let's face it - those discussions come up with every piece of paid content. I am just telling you how I do it, because I had zero issues with the DLCs so far and no frustration at all - with none of the sims I use. The three weeks time frame might seem short, but it isn't. Maybe they had no idea they would release the track that fast due to approvals and lisencing factors. Maybe they can't tell you because it is under NDA. Unless you know it for 100% there is no point to actually question or defend their behaviour. We are living in a world where prices change drasticaly, unless you live in a plan economy. Our petrol station changes the prices several times per day just to put that into perspective.

And gaming is infact a luxury - it is nothing but entertainment and we could survive without it. If you really think about, what we are actually discussing here then it get's obvious that it is pretty meaningless to say the least. I would understand the drama, if it was a discussion about healthcare or how we feed the people who aren't as lucky as we are to have a sim rig and turn a few laps every now and then. I am not a rich person by any means and I have every right to complain about my economic future due to a little austrian idiot who invaded half the world over half a century ago, and even my children will have to cope with it. But I am not going to argue why I paid more more for product XYZ than my fellow simracers, because it is my job to get all the information I need and my dessicion. I will rather give them a high five and say enjoy that you made a nice deal and move along. Peace and out ;)

ADSTA and pkelly like this.
  12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I stopped reading here... stop defending what isn't defensible, they announced Monaco track when they released the Gen2 car, but they also said that it will be released close to the real Monaco FE event. BUT... what they didn't told was that track would be paid or, even worse, that there will be a BUNDLE! I guess people could've waited 3 weeks more to try the car, i think it was a terrible marketing mistake, i guess there's no doubt about that and i will stop posting here...

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I never argued they did the right thing. I've only responded to things some people have said and the tone with which they did it. You have a strong opinion, and I can disagree with the way you state it. It doesn't mean I'm on the other side.

I don't think what they've done (to this point) is great, but I don't think it warrants this:

14. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Monaco E-Prix 2019
    v1.25
    - Joined armco at T8 to avoid snagging.
    - Shortened T1 wall to align with the 2019 layout.
    - Added full sponsors and billboards.
    - Fix to stop AI crashing so much.
    - Corrected a couple of the 'extended grid spots'.
    - Adjusted pit bridge ad.
    - New marshal scene.
    - Fixed track cut warning in T1.
    - Raised trees in section T1 - T3

ede78, Emery, t0p5ecret and 11 others like this.
  15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Without a pc & headset at mo
    Sold up awaiting the all new gen of VR
    Pretty soon

Will buy everything on my return

Just €3 for an official laser track ...incredible value ! ( if I’m correct on cost from reading posts above )
    Brill job studio397 big thanks truly incredible

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

o_O

Someone already listed the prices way back on page 1, where you yourself posted twice. Where are you getting 3 from?

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

U.Daniel post few above is that wrong
    I did a few quick posts from memory expressing interest in a full gp Monaco track
    & still not read official details about the electric version, is €3 incorrect
    I thought around £6 to £10 is about industry standard

Edit : had a look , clicked on links in 1st post no time to read it all right now , may do if I get interested in formula e , zero idea of cost if 3 is wrong , brill to see quality content like this coming though , the future is bright !

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Adrianstealth 3 euro is the difference between buying the car and track separately vs getting them in a pack, which has been the topic of discussion for 4 pages!

At the bottom of page 1 is this post:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-e-prix-2019-now-available.63117/#post-986467

Literally all you have to do is click the 2nd link in that first post, which takes you to the store, and find the track. It'll take you 20 secs. Then you'll see how much it costs (they don't put the price in the post, as it can change for sales etc). I don't understand how you can post in this thread a week ago (post #3) and now come back and get the wrong price from a random person's post on page 6.

StrawmanAndy and Adrianstealth like this.
  19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Ok cheers
    Doesn’t matter I’m happy either way

We are very lucky Rfactor2 is developing in such a way , all good news
    Thanks for interest & info though , very helpful , all good good

Might get into this electric stuff when I get setup again

M-Bimmer and lagg like this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Monaco Etrack, by itself is $8.93 US Dollars. Each region/currency will pay different amounts based on the exchange rates.