Released Formula E Monaco E-Prix 2019 NOW Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 10, 2019.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, next time give your post for me to post. I live in poor Lithuwhatisthatania don't have high end hardware, so I have a privilege to talk about saving few euros lol

No.... Seriously, this is not even about money, but about attitude and order. Nothing terrible has happened, but if you ask me or many others that is not good either.

dazzer, mr.Sw1tchblade and Rui Santos like this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Barriers can change from year to year, and between planning and the event itself. There was mention of at least one section of track known to have changed (even on the plans) after they got the details and built the layout - at least I think it was this track, I just tried a couple of likely searches but didn't find it.

Trees... well, that's one of those funny things about track building. Sometimes there are things that get put in as placeholders (roughly, without careful checking against references) and then I guess they get forgotten about later. It's always perplexed me when I see versions of real tracks (official, 3PA, or just normal third party) with details that are obviously not the same as real life. Thing is it's hard to complain, because you know hundreds of hours still went into the making of it, so you feel like an arse to say anything. But you still wonder - if their eyes weren't closed when doing certain things, and they had some references to work from, what went wrong? And who's checking in the early stages and didn't notice wrong things? (but the same happens with car mods sometimes not working right, new builds having bugs, plugins having bugs... *ahem*...)

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

T1 mid apex being off was initially pointed out by Niek in discord. I had quick check yesterday, and it didn't look like for example T1 of this layout was different or significantly different in 2014 and this weekend. rF2 track has the barrier way off, and it does not only affect looks, but also laptimes, so to my mind it makes no sense how it slipped. Also there is a white line which seems to mark a position where that barrier should be placed.

As for trees, I agree that it is hard to do everything well, and things gets away... bugs and mistakes happens. It is just that it is big object, very close to the track, modeled to the highest level of detail and very obvious. Also track is expensive and it is official content in the first place.

Hopefully my criticism is on point and useful, I am a little modder myself, I have experienced lots of good criticism, and also had some stuff that was simply reducing and stupid feedback (mostly by AC simracers). Hopefully I learned this balance between good and bad. If not then sorry for being an arse for saying anything.

4. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Something positive: I like Monaco very much. It's short (of course), but very well designed and the Road-Feedback make it unique. I love this hit few meters before crossing the finish line. Monaco continues the excellent result we firstly saw in Sebring and shows us it was not a one-day-wonder :D
    So I'm looking forward to the Nordschleife. This will be a hit for rF2.

mr.Sw1tchblade and DrivingFast like this.
  5. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Registered

Nice guys. Always wanted the E layout but what is really needed before July is Nordschleife so that we can all get our fix during summer vacation :D

Marko and Fremen78 like this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

110% exactly my mind too!!!

7. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I was denied a refund on rF2 Gen 2 because it was bought two weeks on Friday, and DLC refunds only work within 48 hours. So if I got my refund, then I'd buy the bundle. At the moment, I'm not buying anything more. Feels like s397 might of planned this, all very aware of how to get a refund but no mention on the business strategy of why the Gen 2 bundle wasn't included as a Pre-order kinda thing - much like they did with the first GT3 pack and the Aston GT3.

As someone else said, it's disappointing to see activity happening over this weekend but completely avoiding the complaints. It feels very similar to watching Theresa May on here, the golden plan that if you put your head in the sand then nothing is wrong. To cut to the end conclusion, Theresa May's plan of ignoring people didn't work. Shock.

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Guys, every single item in the store is sold in a bundle one way or another and has been since the DLC system was introduced. What in gods name did you expect when it came out as a single item three weeks ago? I mean, it isn't perfect and there will allways be people who pay more than others. I don't join the Kunos forums and complain that they started selling the Ultimate edition after I bought all their single DLCs one by one, so that other people got it cheaper. If you want to live in capitalistic world, you will have to swollow that pill, even if it is bitter. Here is a little tip for you: early customers are allways the people who pay the most. If you think that you deserve special treatment, then think about it twice how often early supporters really had an advantage. As Lazza allready said: you got what you paid for and have lost nothing in the process.

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

The releases were spaced just by three weeks and it could have been a bundle with pre-ordered Monaco. It is just that little detail that bugs some of us, who perhaps see it somehow unprofessional in some way, I don't know... might we see it that way ?

Few guys also saw the track itself not necessarily being accurately made in one location, but for most that seems not to be important at all. So I am not sure whats the other point other than just buying and perhaps not even touching the content, seems like plenty of simracers just collects. No passion found and that is not normal. I don't know if money spent on buying is better support than passion spent carrying about actual things. Money has zero value for that.

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think the Monaco E Prix graphics are really good.
    Congratulation S397.

Congratulations also for choosing real data to create the track.

The Formula E car is as usual for each S397 car content, exceptional.

So we have a S397 whose content teams are really excellent.

Just Botianring was below Zandvoort and Sebring I think.

The Nurburgring is going to be beautiful.

Too bad that all other aspects of the simulation are slower and/or disappointing.

Congratulations to the teams that make the content.

11. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

For me this was a great release, and I think it demonstrates what rF2 and the team are capable of doing. I've run half length race here and there is literally no room for mistakes or brain fade, the AI handle the circuit well and put in hard to match performances. I'm not sure I agree on lap times here not being close to real, I'm not a Formula-E driver and I'm hitting low 54's the, average driver times from the actual race this weekend gone were middle 52's.

As far as I know sections of the circuit are resurfaced before every GP so the track surface is different every year so arguing about a corner not being quite right is a moot point in my opinion.

12. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Yes, but using real data to make a car or a track is the minimum that can be expected from S397 IMO, in a general way, and is in my opinion the best way to start creating a track.

13. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I don’t disagree mate, my point is that they could do there absolute best to make sure it’s accurate in the lead up to the race and it not be correct due to no fault of theirs.

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Consider the possibility that not every object from an actual race track and especially this configuration is presented in the pointcloud that was produced by laserscan of the location. But some things doesn't even require laserscan or even measuring to be able to tell some thing about if you have good eyes, know where to look at, care to look at and have a feel for geometry. Not going to be pointing finger again.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I thought I read something much more recently. But you might be right :cool:

16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I just got the pack. And I do not regret it a piece. Super FFB super tracks. Is something completely different to the Fantastic GTE's. Who is still uncertain, my recommendation suggests. Simply awesome this pack! Hopefully the other tracks will follow soon, but ONLY after the Nordschleife please ..

17. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Solid argument. Apart from S397 have offered bundles before when the content wasn't available. The first GT3, you could either buy the sole McLaren or the five pack - but we had no idea what the five pack was until they realised them one by one. Next explain was the GT3 Aston Martin which could bought with the second pack without immediate access.

If s397 hadn't offered the bundles on the GT3, and did them one at a time THEN offered a bundle and WERE consistent with that, I'd understand. But they've proven before that they can offer a bundle before the full content is ready. Why should Monaco be any different? There was also no mention Monaco would cost money in their Road Map, at all.

As a company or business, yes early people will lose money. But by three weeks? No, not fresh releases. A year, of course. But three weeks is nothing. It's wrong, because people just buy content to keep this game/company running. You then say "well, your loss for buying early, sucker - eat your pill!" will just make them turn their backs on you. That is not how you run a successful business model.

Also, fixed your spelling mistakes because we're in a capitalistic world. So, hope you enjoy that pill.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Paulo Silva and Rui Santos like this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Pointing out your mistake because apparently you like that sort of thing.

Your points are valid. Though S397 hasn't addressed this yet. Still not sure the complaining - especially if buying just to keep S397 going, which I still find a bit weird - isn't a little out of proportion.

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Maybe you should think more about your own desicions while buying products instead of playing the grammar nazi and correcting mistakes of non native english speakers/writers, because that might save you from some frustrations. As generous as it may seem from you to buy content with such good intentions, it's not our job to keep S397 alive. The reason why I buy content is simple: because I like to use it, otherwise I would have bought the Formula E content. But I will most likely never do for the reason mentioned before. The three weeks time gap is the thing that people get really worked up on and it isn't the best desicion, I think that we can agree on that. What I don't get though is, why you complain about three Euro, that you have payed more compared to the pack if you buy the content with goodwill anyway. Have you lost anything or is the content any bad? I allways see people who buy stuff right away complaining about this or that, but they never seem to learn. Patience is a virtue.

20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I understand what you say but the reality here is a bit different...

Studio397 took over and now they're running the future of this sim! But those people that took over, they eat and have bills to pay! At the time, rF2 was passing a bad moment, every people was saying that rF2 "was dead" or "just delete it and move on", etçª. Now, who supported them to continue with this huge task since day one? US, loyal rF2 fans! Now you come saying that "Move on mate, just put some butter on the ass and keep going, we all live in a capitalist world and it's normal to be eaten"! Yeah, we live in a capitalist world, but you'll be a poor capitalist and you'll ruin your business if you treat your customers like trash, specially those, like me, who buy content because i understand they need financial feedback from their work. It's not a matter of 3 or 4 euros, of course, not if it was 20 cents, it's the esteem you have for the people that supported you! We're talking here about a delay of 3 weeks on a bundle that had an item that should be included and released later, like the Aston Martin on the GT3 pack! This is disrespectful, to say the least! Can you understand this?

Anyway you're right when talking about smart people in a modern capitalist world unfortunately, maybe guys like me need to start to be more smart and less "friendly" and just buy content they really need or wait 1 or 2 years before buying it eventually. That's exactly what i'm gonna do from now on...

StrawmanAndy likes this.