Best rF2 Youtuber?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milos Vujkovic, May 12, 2019.

1. Milos Vujkovic

Milos Vujkovic Registered

Hi guys,

What Youtube channel in your opinion has best rF2 content, or does the typical simracing stuff but mostly in rF2?

Thanks

2. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I think that without online mode like iracing the live streaming on rf2 will not take off, even with a great championship like WEC the fact of not being able to stay on the server to spotter and stream is a big limit!
    only a sim attracts streamers is iracing, you have to take an example!

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am not happy about simracing youtubers in general and lack of expose to rF2 by them.

I "grew up" with Heusinkveld videos and Empty Box. Those to me were the strongest and best influence making simracing youtubers. Heusinkveld still does some interesting videos, like for example recently answering questions about his RL race track experience. Empty Box seems to be faded away and only does some iRacing videos.

The scene seems to be taken over by people who are too childish, lacks observation, consciousness, expertise, insight, knowledge.. usually just baking some content real fast about "woohoo", "thats so fun", "wowowowowo", "I love this so much or not so much" and so on.... and thats also the result of how youtube changed over the years, youtube is in favor for "fast food". There are youtubers who are good at something, and then bad at something, there are also youtubers who are bad at everything except talking IMO, I don't know any current popular simracing youtuber to be good at everything. The main values that I am looking from simracing youtubers are being straight forward honest, but polite, technical, with good knowledge, but also being very self aware. There were some youtubers who has done few great videos, but never picked up, or hasn't done more like that. I like when some youtubers take risks and try to be technical and pick up the details and actually examine simulation and content, but it is painful when there seems to be lack of self awareness, things seems to go the wrong way... Some plays it safer and does not touch what it is actually important, but then it feels empty, usually some generic technical comments goes on.

I am also not a fan of just watching how other people are simply playing, I have to find a time to do it myself in the first place. I honestly don't get how games streaming is so popular, unless it is some bigger organised race being broadcasted.

We live in a society.... :D

Honestly I did not watch any simracing youtuber for few past months. So it would be cool if someone could add up something more positive to what I said.

Of course there are some good simracing youtubers, and a few good youtubers that does more focus on rF2. But I don't know any youtuber at the moment who would have made some really good series of videos in the past few years, especially about rF2.

bwana and Fremen78 like this.
  4. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Mate I thought I was your favourite? :( ;)

I'd say that Aidan Millward puts out some of the most entertaining sim racing content and when it's rF2 then it's even better, and Paul over at RaceDepartment gets my vote when he covers rF2 as well. BioBen puts out some good stuff too but it's not very prominent for him, mostly PC2 stuff.

Cheers

5. Staenker

Staenker Registered

What's your stream mate?

6. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

7. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

I like Michi Hoyers channel. I am not interested in "look how i am driving this awesome mod" channels, i am looking for how to videos. For mod reviews i am using simracing604 channel. Mike is nice guy.
    Also Moving Chicane if you want to look at league racing without much talks

EsxPaul and mesfigas like this.
  8. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Mikes definitely up there for sure.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Thanks for the kind words Mark!

t0p5ecret likes this.
  10. mr.Sw1tchblade

I am your subscriber too ofc :)

t0p5ecret likes this.
  11. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Also the amount of money put into "Influencer marketing" could have impact on how much certain games gets streamed. Example: https://kotaku.com/report-ea-paid-ninja-1-million-to-stream-apex-legends-1833272982 . I don't know how much of this is happening in simracing, but i wouldn't be surprised if some people gets paid to stream iracing.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  12. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

EsxPaul likes this.
  13. bwana

bwana Registered

‘Whatsup this is emptybox’ Was a quite informed YouTuber but at times lost his way with negative rants rather than informative videos.. way too much iracing stuff but l guess it was demand based.. Simpit was good on most facets but again these guys above both have a heavy lean toward Itaxing

14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I used to watch Jimmy Broadbent all the time but I hardly do anymore.

Might be because of the memes.

LokiD likes this.
  15. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Thank you mate :)

16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I used to watch Jimmy Broadbent aswell, but his channel has lost alot of the simracing spirit. Right now it feels more and more like a sell out - good for him but he lost me. Maybe he is having fun, streaming GT, F1 2019, DR and the likes, but it shifted alot from a sim racing channel to a general racing game channel. Maybe this sounds elitist, but when I see the car movement in GT Sport I wonder how a sim racer can get fun out of it. And that whole "how fast can car XYZ lap the ring" has lost me completely. All the content that he produces nowadays is very superficial. In that regard I would rank Simracing604, ChrisHaye, Aiden Millward and some others alot more informative, more in depth and alot less sensationalsitic than JB's channel, wich feels alot like gossip press nowadays.

Empty box has allways produced some nice content aswell, but he doesn't do so that often anymore. It doesn't even need to be rF2, when the stuff is produced the right way. A good race on iRacing can be entertaining as heck to watch.

bluet, EsxPaul, LokiD and 1 other person like this.
  17. mr.Sw1tchblade

Imho most of the popular channels suffering from "oh i bought another new thing...and it's awesome" reviews. Pros and cons model working only if they reviewing new simcade. If it is a sim- it have only pros, no cons. Buy it! It's awesome!
    Example: imagine shitstorm on rd and on youtube if track pack will be released onday for Pcars2 without full day cycle or any other stuff working at other tracks.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  18. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I think it greatly depends on why a person starts a channel, I started mine because I have always enjoyed sim racing. I took a massive break from it and returned and wanted to document my races and hopefully see improvement over time. If people watch my races, they watch my races, if they don't then they don't. If a new circuit or car comes out that I like and I've never raced them before I try to learn as much about them as possible, if I don't like it I don't race on it or in it and there'll be no video, simple. That might come across as me fan boy'ing about everything I race, so be it, I have limited time to race so why would I bother racing on tracks or in cars that I don't find engaging.

19. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

RD jeffrey and simracing604 for me

EsxPaul likes this.
  20. Milos Vujkovic

Milos Vujkovic Registered

As a Balkan boy, I gotta say a Youtuber racing on Kičevo is definitely near the top of my list ;):D

Thanks for the other suggestions, I'll take a look at their content.

t0p5ecret likes this.