Released Formula E Monaco E-Prix 2019 NOW Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 10, 2019.

1. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I agree with Rui here, I do the exact same thing for the same reasons. I buy all the content to support S397 and rF2. I haven't played much on Gen1 Formula E or around Hong Kong, same with Reiza stuff, but I buy it to support the game I like.

Lets not forget the Aston GT3 wasn't available right away when we bought the second GT3 pack, and most GT3 cars for that weren't known in the first one when bought straight away. We only invested in the McLaren and then four other great GT3 cars followed. In this instance, there was no bundle offered, BUT we all knew Monaco was coming to be released so why didn't they just make it a bundle and tell us to wait again (like the GT3)?

They've done a lot of good but I equally feel they've done some bad decisions. You've sold us content before and made us wait, why could the Monaco track bundle not be a thing before? You're just annoying an audience dedicated to you. Not a good image IMO.

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Discovering Monaco ePrix during 20 minutes

Alex72 and Corgan like this.
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

A game has the license, the others can not have it too ??

4. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Of course I didn't read all of your posts, and I understand the will to "fight" against the injustice S397 has to take/bear sometimes. But also, this is why I think they need to communicate in these cases. But maybe they are just tired of all of this.

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

6. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Hire someone who deals with PR and the community then. They deal with this kinda thing all the time, it's part of the job. Personally not aware of who/IF they have a PR/media person.

Corgan likes this.
  7. McFlex

McFlex Registered

8 Euros for a track for a racing series in which basically only very few are interested in and on which track you nearly only can race Formula E cars. Well done S397 :Do_O

tlsmikey likes this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Doesn't lowish selling numbers make for greater prices for this product type ?

Still much cheaper than iRacing.

Still price seems high comparing to Sebring, but Sebring was probable expected to sell more, and it probably did.

GeraArg likes this.
  9. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

No. You can also drive the other cars on Monaco. This works not bad and the track is on the same quality level as Sebring.

I think it's a great addition for rf2 and we need tracks for formula e. Porsche and Mercedes will join the series soon, i.e. interest and appeal will go up with high probability. Its important and good, that s397 is there from the beginning.

mesfigas likes this.
  10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yeah, someone said that Formula Vee is fun there, and I believe it. it is short nimble car, will suffer less from tight radius curves.

11. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Have to question why it's low in purchases. If you make a cheaper bundle offer with a track after the car is released, and you've been banging the drum that Monaco is coming, you've lowered the audience buying if you've failed to mention Monaco will cost money and will come in a bundle later on.

I'm not going to buy Monaco until they allow users who bought Gen 2 immediately to pay the same price as the bundle. I don't see why I should pay more for supporting them earlier. If I waited, they get less cash flow. So they've lost my support on that product, and considering the response here allow, there are a fair few feeling the same way.

xerofer and Rui Santos like this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Would like to buy this and the gt3 challenge pack but I'm not buying anything yet until I see some ai improvements. Don't want to be that guy but having just been bitten by dirt rally 2 deluxe version I'm a little fragile lol

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I was commenting on solo item price of Monaco Eprix track.

I have not bought it too. I may wait now for some more Formula E tracks, and then buy them as a bundle by judging the logic of these releases. For me it is strange too that there was no mention of Monaco release, when 2019 Formula E was released. Obviously best option would have been wait for a three weeks and then release it together with Bundle option.

Going to think more before buying solo item in a future.

Alex72, xerofer and Rui Santos like this.
  14. Patrick Schumacher

The pack is 4 Cent more expensive than buying it Single piece? Do I get it right?

edit: Ah ok I see I'm wrong. 9,75€ for Monaco and Formel E Gen2 than 13€ I had to pay now.
    I think this is a big mistake in the strategic business, punishing all the fans they buy something day1 and they are the most important ones for S397. The cash flow would have been quite differently I think...
    I really hope this is a misunderstanding. So what should I do now? Refund Monaco? I'm not sure if I can and I don't like to have no the trouble with this situation.

In consequence all the guys who said they do not buy content on day 1 again, since there is no transparency if there is a pack on its way few weeks later with discount are on the right way. I'm forced to agree.

@Marcel Offermans
    Can you please clarify these?

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    StrawmanAndy, xerofer and Rui Santos like this.
  15. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

It's £4.31 for the Gen 2. £6.90 for Monaco. =£11.21.
    Gen 2 + Monaco = £8.42. https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1009/

So spending £2.79 more if you bought the Gen 2 early. Basically buy a Reiza car with the change you save.

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  16. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

They say that nothing in life is certain but death and taxes. I think you could probably add complaints about paid for add on content to that list.

17. Patrick Schumacher

Yes I checked it again. Hope this is really a misunderstanding. It's ridiculous if this is serious. It will be the beginning of the end for rF2.

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  18. stonec

stonec Registered

Actually Sebring has not that much higher numbers than FE, the interest in FE is surprisingly high. If you go to Steam inventory and view the workshop item, it shows Sebring at 7500 subscribers, whereas FE 2018 car has 6400 and Hong Kong circuit has 5900. 2019 FE content numbers aren't representative yet as they'll keep accumulating, but I don't see a reason why they would end up far behind 2018. Considering how much Sebring has already been used in league endurance events, the FE numbers aren't bad at all in comparison.

xerofer and Leynad like this.
  19. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Don't know if it will be the end, but it will end my trust with them when buying new DLC if this isn't resolved. Equally, the countless updates regarding UI and online updates, but we're still in the same position, have hurt the game. Lack of honest communication is really hurting them, it puts off other potential users who then go AC or iRacing. Communication is key, repeatedly banging the same drum saying "we're nearly there" doesn't bode well.

xerofer and Rui Santos like this.
  20. Stevy

Stevy Registered

With every new piece of content I also have to think on all the bugs that are still with us since 2012.
    The GT Packs and the Riza Pack are really great. Even the Kart Pack is good fun.
    But the Formel E stuff seems strange. TBH I regret it that I bought the gen1 Pack.
    Happy I didn't get the gen2 car (+ track).
    How about fixing stuff ? Ah...but I can already see the next content.
    Well, maybe next time.

StrawmanAndy likes this.