Released Formula E Monaco E-Prix 2019 NOW Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 10, 2019.

1. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Monaco: city of the damned
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.05.11 - 09.45.56.60.png

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Probably licensing restrictions, there must be a reason why there is no "official" F1 layout Monaco in any other sim. I bet they have some exclusive agreement with F1 and Codemasters.

3. Magus

Magus Registered

I could only do a 57.3 about 5 secs slower than the AI on 100%. Now watching THIS (LIVE) and going to give it another go. So low 51's (edit: 50's) is the time achieved by top 5 in FP1 :confused:

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The real track doesn't have night lighting. Fake light posts around the whole track so some people can drive at night might not look great, magic lights that aren't there but light the track at night might also get complaints (tough crowd, but what can you do).

You can't race open wheelers at many other tracks at night because of a lack of lighting, so I don't see this as an issue.

As for the bundles and pricing, I don't know what plans there are so maybe we can't assume things will stay as-is indefinitely, but this is part of buying something - it might drop in price after you buy it (even the day after) but unless the store you're buying from has some sort of price guarantee covering price changes there's nothing you can do about it. As long as you were happy to pay the price for what you got, you haven't lost anything by other people getting the same thing cheaper. It's interesting psychology though.

McKiernan likes this.
  5. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

If someone make the monaco gp track available, i will buy it, otherwise in turkey, the game itself and this track is same price, the price is high enough not to buy for me, one layout, too short, like a kart track

Adrianstealth likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

repeat: No GP circuit. CODEMASTERS has the F1 license. Any modern version of F1 tracks would have to come from 3rd parties.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

No, i bought GEN2 car to support Studio397, like i allways do, didn't even touched it, sorry but if after 2 or 3 weeks after buying it it's released in a bundle with a new track i should have the option to pay only the difference between the car alone and the final bundle price. Maybe next time i'll need to wait before buying something from S397...

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Rui Santos That's your option to do. But if you're supporting S397 and buying things you don't even want, surely you can buy the track individually too. More support.

In real stores you pay more for new products. They get cheaper over time. You have a choice between having new stuff or paying less later.

9. Magus

Magus Registered

Managed to do a 55.6xx but not sure if due to watching the stream of the drivers and technique or by increasing power on the car to 250 (or combination) but struggling to dip below 55s, never mind tying to get into 50's.

What kind of times are people posting?

I really hope in the future competition system/new UI we get leader boards (like R3E) for official content across all combinations.

10. mr.Sw1tchblade

Also beauty of simulation: you can put any car to any track. So yes it is the issue.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mr.Sw1tchblade that's not racing-grade lighting though is it? :D Look at what they do in places like Singapore.

Actually, fair enough to some extent. If there are streetlights there (and obviously there are) it would be nice to at least have that lighting when it gets dark. Though if you're racing there (as you do in rF2), on a racing track with all the barriers in place (and bearing in mind they might remove some lights when they make the track), you're not really simulating a proper night race if you're using normal street lighting.

Again, you can drive historic spa at night. Do you want that floodlit as well?

12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

No if they were releasing a bundle with 2 weeks delay time, they for sure should've wait or release the bundle and include the track that will come later. Sorry but this is not honest for people who support them. I won't be buying nothing more from S397, not even the Monaco track...

xerofer likes this.
  13. mr.Sw1tchblade

Not racing-grade lighting indeed. But i can use Miseluk in the night for example. Yep, its not realistic but its cool :)

Anyway i am happy (actually i am unhappy because i suck at Monaco :)) with new track. Nigt ligting is just a thing i wish to have. Because rf2 have full day cycle.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Rui Santos This is (basically) off-topic, so I'll say one more and leave it at that (I will read any response though, not running away): you bought a car, and you have a car. They haven't taken anything away from you. You aren't losing anything.

If you want to support them, contact them and see if you can donate or something. Maybe even deliver lunch to them via a food delivery service. Buying something from them isn't giving to a charity - you're buying something they've produced. And again, you were happy to pay the asking price (for something you don't even use!?). It's not at all dishonest from them, they gave you what you paid for. If it bothers you that someone else can get things cheaper than you, don't buy it so fast next time. (again, if you're worried you're not supporting them - find another way)

15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have bought 2019 FE about a week too early, I was almost hitting the lottery :D

xerofer likes this.
  16. mr.Sw1tchblade

You can still buy a bundle and refund doubed items.

17. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Are you sure you can do that after to have use the item more than 2 hours?
    Can @Marcel Offermans confirm this?

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Wooot ? Then there is no problem, if it works so. I did not know before.

If it is really so.

19. Corgan

Corgan Registered

It's very interesting how you try to defend Studio-397 every time someone has an opinion against them. But i don't think you have to. Though they should. But we know it as well that the communication from their part is sometimes less than zero. This forum feels like a ghost town, and we are the ghosts.
    But of course you have very valid points. When they released the Gen2 cars and announced the later release of Monaco i knew that I would not buy the cars right away, because of the very predictable fact, that a pack will be up for sale as soon as the track is delivered. And I think there's nothing special about this selling policy, because these days every developer do this every time.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's not actually true, but you might not have read all my posts. I do disagree when I see someone saying something that I don't think is true, especially if it's attacking S397 in some way. rF2 gets enough bad press elsewhere (often based on misunderstandings) without having people misrepresent them on here. But in the many ways S397 (/ISI) is/has dropped the ball, I'll call them out along with anyone else.

But the rest of your post - yes.

Corgan likes this.