Devs, please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirBodo, May 8, 2019.

1. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

meanwhile, even if it's ridiculous, nobody complains about iracing.
    mine is just a temporary idea, maybe, until a definitive solution is found.
    Then with all the respect I have of McNolo, it's easy to say that it's easy to edit the files, when he has been a trackmaker for several years.
    Most people who use rf2 don't even know how to open a file to edit AIW.
    Maybe McNolo could do a nice video tutorial on how to solve this problem.
    So ours is just an idea for this problem, which has plagued us for a long time now.
    This is the last obstacle to having the perfection of rf2.

My speech is without controversy towards everyone in this topic, this must be very clear.
    We are here to make constructive criticism.

Babs :)

2. McNolo

McNolo Registered

lagg likes this.
  3. petibonome

petibonome Registered

As a player who wants to have fun I read that ghost pitlane system is not realistic.
    As a player who wants to have fun I say that if realism removes the pleasure of playing, I see a major problem.

As a player who wants to have fun I read that we could, that we should change every circuit or almost to have fun playing.
    I wonder if it is realistic for the organizers.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

I agree with you @McNolo , but i understand Babs too.
    We are used to put a circuit in the developer. It takes us a few minutes.
    But the problem for the league admins is that they don't know how to do this.
    It's a modders job, not an admin job.
    The best solution would be what you have told.
    Allow to several cars to pit at the same time.
    The modders would config the pit stop area.
    And the admin would define the maximum amount of cars cars allowed to pit at the same time.
    And of course, could pit the cars that fit in the area at the same time.

McNolo likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

There is nothing up to content creators for this issue, apart from choice of not making pitstalls to be shared by multiple cars. If there would be ghost stuff enablled then it should definitelly be enabled either by default, or by servers. I don't think that many of us understand the complexity of situation and coding that would be required to handle the situation in all possible scenarios.

At the end it is simply drivers failure if they can't communicate. Though I understand the issue if for example someone is stuck for unplanned long duration in the pit stall, then I would understand the rage completely.

There are also situations like this:

But I doubt you guys would race in the rain, if you complain about such things in the first place. You are asking for taking away responsibility from you, making it impossible for you to fail, and removing a possibility of a bitter moment of loosing time and positions due to unforeseen events, which adds a lot of excitement to the sport and is part of reality which you'd likely ignore when you know that such control theoretically is possible in simulation.

Akela_DE likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Apples and oranges, sports cars are not F1. Only F1 and Indycar need a very specific place for their stop (and maybe Supercars due to the suspended cables but I'm not sure), the rest can just park there and get the service done as you can see in the video I posted before
    Heck they wont care if you are going backwards either lol

7. Corti

Corti Registered

some kind of graphic indicator (such as flags, penalties), or luminous indicator (such as activation of DRS or speed limiter in the pit) indicating that the pit stop is free or busy?

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They can just do like AMS at least, export that to the API so we have Crew Chief telling us about the pit stall being busy/free

Corti and JimmyT like this.
  9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I agree with the Crew Chief option, that would be great. The benefit of this is that you still have to manage your pit strategy which adds to realism and excitement. (personal opinion, no offence intended)

10. gangstorm

gangstorm Registered

I agree with my predecessors that having a ghost Pit Lane is ridiculous. What's the realism on that? Also.. what about accidents that happen in Pit Lane??? Those are GREAT!!! :D

I think the answer pretty much lies to what McNolo was saying. Just make the Pit Stall WIDER and then 2 or even 3 (I was one of the lucky ones ;)) cars can pit at the same time.

To the more advanced, editing the AIW to add Pit Stalls to the "other wall of Pit Lane" can solve that problem. What I mean by this is effectively you have Pit Stalls right and left in the Pit Lane and communicate to the guys that the actual Pit Lane to be the middle road, between the Pit Stalls.

11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

And what should league admins do when the track is encrypted? Like Sebring or the upcoming Nordschleife? I hope S397 doesn't fuck up their job like usually and put in enough pit garages and pit stops.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  12. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

official tracks "should" be made properly..you can forgive the mod tracks for not knowing how to do these things but the game devs should really have a grasp of how the game mechanics work and how real racing/racers works.

it doesn't help that you can add any amount of drivers to any track, then only on the loading screen does it say how many drivers the track can have. if the UI properly restricted adding more drivers than the track can hold there wouldn't be a problem. If you then wanted more drivers you would know you have to alter the track to suit.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  13. Boomer20

Boomer20 Registered

Not only that but I'm sure there instances where the loading screens number of cars does not match up with the actual number available. It really should be something we can see when selecting a track.

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It does but that number is the amount of garage slots not pit stalls afaik
    Some tracks will create more garage places if you load more cars than it can host (Silverstone does that I think), some will crash if you try.

15. soramame

soramame Registered

There is no doubt that the pit incident is one of the real racing elements.
    It is a simulator that simulates as much as possible, but it is unconvincing that a pit incident will occur up to the sim.
    It looks stupid, but I want to agree with the iRacing solution.
    It would be nice if I could switch to the conventional.

16. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

perhaps to some it is not clear what happens at the moment with the pitstop pitches.
    Only admin from large communities can understand
    example of Sunday in our server there were 24 pilots, therefore below the recommended limit.
    But three riders had the same pit stop pit.
    How can this be explained?

So the fact of editing (losing hours of my life) files doesn't always
    fix this bug.

I repeat for the last time that IsR does not want the ghost pitlane, it wants this Bug to be solved as soon as possible.

My experience tells me that this bug will be impossible to fix.

However we are waiting for some staff member to have something to say about this topic.

Babs :)

Corti likes this.
  17. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Maybe there are enough garage spots but not enough pit spots. Or several drivers were assigend to the same pitgroup by veh-file?

18. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

could be a correct hypothesis.
    But you understand that we admin already have a lot to think about, which I find absurd that we must solve problems that are not our responsibility.

Babs ;)

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  19. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

I disagree... there are things that are not simulated here that are done in other sims. (so in theory it should be possible for this sim to do them too, but a nicer looking paint job on the cars seems more important)

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If you are using custom skins then it's up to you as admin to split drivers by pitgroup. Most tracks have 20 pit stalls just fine, you'll easily find more than 20 (around 30) actually. So with 24 should not be a problem really, all of them should have individual stalls on most tracks, tell drivers doing skins to get their pit groups right
    When I was an admin I'd always manage pitgroups based on the track with the smallest amount of stalls so I wouldn't have to worry about it every round