GTE Tyres on URD cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FatCity, Jun 17, 2018.

1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I have completely no idea if this is possible but is it possible to somehow use the tyre physics or whatever they are called from the new S397 GTE mod on the URD cars. Would it make much difference to them?
    With the release of both the S397 mod and the new URD Ford GT, I would like to put all these cars together but need to have them all similar in tyre wear etc. Power and handling not so much if fuel usage can give better results as the driver would come into effect then.
    Its just that it would be good to have an online mod where every car make is used instead of all in the fastest one. Becomes just like a one make series then..

2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

The facts: The the URD Detroit and S397 Endurance Pack being released so soon together. The URD car taking in the features that have just been implemented in the game (Number panel, TC controls), and the fact where Ales is listed in the credits as part of S397

My speculation: I'm pretty sure URD did the Endurance Pack, if not the full pack, at least some of the cars. They previewed the RSR soon after it first came out. I'm assuming the "Detroit" was developed along side the other Endurance Pack cars and potentially a couple other other ones. Their LeMans track tweet teased a P2 car and the headlights look like the Dallara if you ask me. I'm pretty sure FatCity, what you are asking about, it has been all ready done. Everything is balanced or using the same files.

If there is any other indication, the "Detroit" .mas files are encrypted the same was the S397 cars are. And that encryption has been exclusive to S397. ;) So I'd consider the Detroit as Unofficial-Official content

3. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

I'd take a wild guess and say the tyres are exactly the same. As the compounds are named the same aswell. I'm sure I could decrypt and look but pointless. The thing I did notice is I think the ford GTE needs to be BOP against them better. Seems a bit faster unless default setup is faster.

4. FatCity

FatCity Registered

thanks for the reply Chris but I should've made my post a little clearer, I'm talking about the old URD cars, the Venom, Arthur Merlin, Darche etc etc.
    I presume that maybe the same could be done with other class cars from different mods as well.
    The more brands as such, the merrier as they say.
    Thanks again for the reply

5. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

The old URD cars are not even the same type of GTE, so there would be more to change than just tyre files. But of course you can just do it. Just replace the the old tyre files with the new ones.

FatCity likes this.
  6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

If it's true (? ) then I guess URD did only visual part (3D models, animations, textures) but things like physics, tires etc were provided by S397(or at least they helped a lot).

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well users who purchased the URD Ford claim it is several seconds faster than the S397 cars. My only question would be to ask if the URD or the S397 cars have driver files? [ .rcd ]

8. AK1504

AK1504 Registered

[​IMG]

Travis likes this.
  9. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

As the screen above explains it. Once tires are public, we will update those.
    Physics overall were done completly separeted in last few months and updated over time now, more is on the way as there are new things implented by S397 or we can do them better than we have them allready at Detroit.
    This plus mirrors work is beeing done right now and waiting for tires.

Travis, Levelup1, avenger82 and 9 others like this.
  10. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

and adjust pitstop times please to get them even with the endurance pack

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

URD Ford GTE Detroit is an amazing car and highly recommended
    super fun to drive this car in rain :)
    Congrats URD
    waiting for more cars from you
    cheers

12. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I know it's a bit old thread, but has S397 published their latest GTE/GT3 tires in the database? I think Enduracers already adapted them according to changelog:
    " Tire updated (based on latest S397 reference used on official DLC)"
    So are these tires adapted in Ford GT Detroit or other cars?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    UnitedRacingDesign likes this.
  13. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

thx for reminder, i will take a look into it and we need to adjust some things on physics.

Levelup1, kashif, avenger82 and 2 others like this.
  14. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

EGT tyres also please.... If they haven't been done

15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Thanks, I've read physics adjustments are quite significant when adapting new tires.

UnitedRacingDesign likes this.
  16. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

The original EGT is pretty much done from the URD side. Enduracers uses the URD models in there latest additions. So from that stand point, they are all ready updated. The Venom and Bayro was not added to Enduracers spec.

pkelly and bhendrik like this.
  17. kashif

kashif Registered

I don't think the Detroit has been updated to the latest tire model. But I'm glad to see URD updating us on the situation. Judging by the last post, it seems to be coming and even with some physics updates, and that makes me really happy. It's probably my favorite GTE to drive .

18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Is there any news for the update? Do we have to wait a long time? The baby (Ford GTE) is worth it. Please give us news .

Felipe Granado likes this.
  19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I would be very happy about a meaningful answer on your part. Since I would also be a potential customer for the future ... is there no news?

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  20. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

kashif and memoNo1 like this.