Latest Roadmap Update -April 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 30, 2019.

1. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

This looks like a great update, can't wait for Monaco! Nords is looking really detailed also keep up the good work.

mr.Sw1tchblade and pkelly like this.
  2. Binny

Binny Guest

[​IMG] In description would it be possible to have Track & Location in this heading so we know exactly where and what mod is running on the server. i find if the server admin does not put this somewhere i have no idea. There is an example in this pic that proves my point. eg: mikkmix goodwood. i have no idea what mikkmix is. server name i guess but what mod is it running

3. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Monaco is great news for sure, don't get me wrong, but if it's just FE track version, it's not iconic.

F1Aussie and Will Mazeo like this.
  4. tagada83

tagada83 Registered

Hello,
    I am once again very disappointed with this roadmap. As already mentioned, the priority seems to be focused on new content and not the solution of recurring problems. If I understand that S397 has gone to DX11, I really do not understand why they do not go all the way in focusing on the new interface that would allow to find a big part of what made the attraction of rFactor 2, its many plugins. Today, new players do not come and / or stay on rF2 because the interface aids no longer work since switching to DX11. People come, find all this very complicated then leave. The new content, as qualitative as they are, is not enough to retain new players. However, they could make rFactors 2 profitable for everyone. All this, without even mentioning that numbers of achievements are still not up to date the latest technology of the game as Megane RS for example. In fact, if a new player tests rFactor 2, admitting that the absence of plugin does not make it go away, and that he tests an old achievement not up to date, he will also go to something better. Working on news is good, finalize once for all the background of the game would, in my opinion, much better.
    Cordially.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bonjour,
    Je suis une nouvelle fois très déçu de cette feuille de route. Comme cela a été déjà évoqué, la priorité semble à nouveau être portés sur du nouveau contenu et non le solutionnement de problème récurrent. Si je comprends que S397 soit passé à DX11, je ne comprend vraiment pas pourquoi ils ne vont pas jusqu'au bout en se focalisant sur la nouvelle interface qui permettrait de retrouver une grande parti de ce qui fesait l'attrait de rFactor 2, ses nombreux plugins. Aujourd'hui, les nouveaux joueurs ne viennent pas et/ou ne restent pas sur rF2 car les aides d'interface ne fonctionnent plus depuis le passage à DX11. Les gens viennent, trouve tout cela très compliqué puis repartent. Les nouveaux contenus, aussi qualitatifs qu'ils soient, ne suffisent pas à fidéliser les nouveaux joueurs. Ce sont pourtant eux qui pourraient faire que rFactors 2 soit rentable pour tous. Tout cela, sans même évoquer que nombres de réalisation ne sont toujours pas à jour des dernières technologie du jeu comme les Megane RS par exemple. De fait, si un nouveau joueur teste rFactor 2, en admettant que l'absence de plugin ne le fasse pas partir, et qu'il teste une ancienne réalisation pas à jour, il partira aussi vers quelque chose de mieux. Travailler sur des nouveautés c'est bien, finaliser une fois pour toute le fond du jeu serait, à mon sens, nettement mieux.
    Cordialement.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Please don’t ask for iracing orange

6. Stefan Wukovatz

Stefan Wukovatz Registered

I agree with Binny and tagada83.
    I am missing on the Multiplayer / Server page mainly the MOD. It is a sad to get every time a message this Mod is not downloadable.
    I need more details about the mod. Further I can't see the status of the server. Is it a Training session or Race or.....
    My next important point is the tracklimit and the of course later on the penalties in the game should be improved. I have tested iRacing and there it works okay acc. to me.

7. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Formula E, Monaco ? ... [​IMG]

And the Duke Nukem UI ...
    ;)
    But i am really looking forward to Nürburgring GP.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Ciccina2016 likes this.
  8. Senad Kocan

Senad Kocan Registered

iRacing is spot on on that track, but woud love to see it in rFactor 2!

ApexModding and jayarrbee36 like this.
  9. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

does the multiplayer UI show actual players on the server now instead of AI. would also like to see which car class is being used. If not in server title you have no idea.
    good to see you are ditching 32bit so development can speed up, hopefully that means base game can be fixed and not just more DLC churned out.

mantasisg and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  10. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I can't wait for the new UI to be released!

Not that I care about the new UI, I just selfishly want other areas of the sim to receive some attention and that requires the UI to be completed.

11. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

The Roadmap is what it is and its great to get some insight into whats happening behind the scenes.

I will say though that no FE track has yet reached ‘Iconic’. The place might be but not that track. Bit of salesmanship going on there :rolleyes:.

F1Aussie likes this.
  12. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

I bought formula e gen 2 just out of curiosity and now i love this car. And there is no visual bugs on this car model. Great surprise :) Also Honk Kong track is so good. So i am glad we will see Monaco soon. Thanks S397.
    Please give us more e-tracks. It will be great to see at list one complete authentic licensed championship in game :) Why not? They have formula e game for mobile phones and 1 simulation on pc will be great to have :)
    Formula e drivers are using rf2 with their big pro hardware. Real pilots use e-tracks from steam workshop!

xerofer likes this.
  13. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

The rf2 version is good enough i think, we need lemans

14. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We recently did a long list of updates to all of the DLC ;) and we will continue to do further updates.

Travis, Atsuki, muzikant and 2 others like this.
  15. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

fixed, thanks

16. Alex_

Alex_ Registered

It is possible to remove the halo in cockpit view for the new formula e? I'd like to buy the dlc but I don't want to see the halo in the cockpit view.

17. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

No. But you can make it transparent. Take a look at screenshot
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.05.01 - 12.56.49.56.png

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The iRacing one was done just before the resurfacing work, so it's changed between Skyline and the Elbow.

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I can only agree with this post. The server list atleast needs to show wich track and car/mod is running. I am not even sure if the server "description" makes sense at all, as it is listing tracks allready and the server descrition could be placed elsewhere. Stuff like session info is missing aswell, wich should be visible in the server list from my POV so that the user can get that info in the shortest possible time and maybe sort it by the session. It makes no sense to click on servers one by one to get info about wich session is running and how much time is remaining. There is still plenty of space so one or two more collumns shouldn't hurt. And the AI problem needs to be fixed aswell. Would be nice to get some info how that is handled in the new UI. Maybe just add a filter on the lefthand side called "Has AI" and the problem would be solved allready. The filter list is pretty thin in that screenshot anyway so it wouldn't add too much clutter. Maybe I am reading too much into this and some of the stuff is allready sorted, but just a few thoughts about the matchmaker wich needs to be better than it is now. If it is just a copy of the current layout in terms of functionaility, people will go nuts if it is released in that state.

20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

This, the matchmaker page it's just the same as old version with only new layout... there's so many possibilities to make it better/more complete...

DrivingFast, Emery and Mauro like this.