SOLVED Problem with purchased content

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by r0bTeaM, Feb 5, 2018.

1. r0bTeaM

r0bTeaM Registered

Hi, I have a problem with some purchased content:

I bought Formula E Energize Pack and Mercedes AMG GT3; Formula E car works correctly, but Hong Kong track and Mercedes AMG GT3 once downloaded automatically from the WorkShop, when they are installed shows the following error: "... requires unknown base mod to be installed ..." .

How do I solve this problem?

Thank you very much, sorry for my bad english and greetings.

[​IMG]

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Try subscribing to them through your Steam / Inventory page.

r0bTeaM likes this.
  3. r0bTeaM

r0bTeaM Registered

Hello, I am subscribed through my Steam inventory to the WorkShop content as I show in the images, the content has been downloaded, but when I install it, it shows me that error.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

5. r0bTeaM

r0bTeaM Registered

The problem was solved by checking the game files, as you indicated. Thank you very much!

bwana and ADSTA like this.
  6. Robert Thurman

Robert Thurman Registered

I have the same problem but neither of those suggestions worked. Hong Kong will not install

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Close rF2 => In Steam unsubscribe to Hong Kong content => start rF2...this should remove Hong Kong from your install (once for me it actually installed so check) => close rF2 => subscribe to Hong Kong => start rF2 this should then download and install.

RealGT likes this.
  8. buzard

buzard Registered

I'll try that when I get home. HK never installed. I checked the listings, the cars installed but not the track. I'll also (if needed) turn off antivirus if your advise does not work. I seem to have to turn off AVG for an install about once a year for some reason. Thanks for the advice.

9. buzard

buzard Registered

P.S. Formula E on Lime Rock with all chicanes is FUN!

10. Robert Thurman

Robert Thurman Registered

Bingo. Strange that turning off the track would make it load. Thanks for the help. HK track graphics are great,

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

No problemo...glad you've got it working.

12. bullldoze

bullldoze Registered

I had the same problem with Sebring and the new GT3 pack. Some older cars also stopped loading and crashing my game. According to support service "it was my PC which had not enough RAM, Video memory, space in the HDD and etc. There goes, I got the GTX 1080TI, i7 9700k, 20.000 in virtual memory, lots of gb available in my 4 or 5 HDDs, 34BG RAM. I tried everything they suggested and nothing. I also tried some extra suggestions from rFactor2 forums and etc. Nothing worked. I managed do overcome this matter myself without those " Y O U R P C I S A S H * * " support staffs.
    I found out that if you use the x11 beta (I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OTHER BETAS) some of your content won't work at all. Even reinstalling, verifying, subscribing or unsubscribing.
    Don't opt in for betas and you see your tracks and cars loading flawlessly.
    Give it a try!

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

the beta solution has been here for months. You are correct in your solution, but not the absence of help.
    The only beta solution currently advised is the logging thread as they try and hunt down some physics and ffb hiccups.
    All the DLC content REQUIRES you to run the latest version of rF2. You might get away with one of the more recent minor builds, but to be safe, Ensure you have opted out of all betas. The reason for this is because the new cars contain features that did not exist with most of the older versions of the program. So when S397 started upgrading the rain, the wipers, the DX11 optimizations, They had to also add code to allow those features to work. Then the new PBR graphics have proven to be very problematic and several iterations of the base program were released as they hoped to correct the problems. So anything new....needs the newest version of rF2.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What support service was telling you that? That doesn't sound reasonable at all. For months here "make sure you opt-out" has been a common factor in nearly every support thread.

PS You shouldn't have 'X' virtual memory. Let windows manage it. Static swapfiles haven't been needed (or beneficial) since WinXP. And if you really have 34GB of RAM (and not 32) take out 2. Random extra sticks of memory are not a good thing. But I think you meant 32.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  15. bullldoze

bullldoze Registered

You were right .I did mean 32.