Logging Out-of-Realtime Physics Freezes [public-test]

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Viktor Jim

Viktor Jim Registered

2. 4thworld

4thworld

@Viktor Jim
    1) can you describe what you mean by "Freezes" i can't see any substantial spike in your logs.
    2) can you give me your system specs also how many cars you're running, it seems that you are pushing your system to the max.
    3) as said before we can't guarantee for 3rd party apps so test without them and report here if you're having the same issues
    4) does the physics performance issue happen on official content as well?

3. Viktor Jim

Viktor Jim Registered

@4thworld , I mean the game looks like it desynchronizes for 1 sec not all the time and no drops of FPS , but is just happend after i activate the 3rd party anticheat, without it the game run normal

My specs
    M. board : ASrock AB350m PRO4
    Proc : AMD athlon X4 950 3500 Ghz OC 4000 Ghz Resolution 1600x900 1 Screen
    V card: Sappire NiItro Radeon RX 460 OC 4 GB DDR5
    Ram : 8 GB DDR 4 2400 Mhz
    HD : SSD ADATA 240 gb PCIe Gen 3 x2
    S.O. : Windows 10 Pro ver 1809 Build 17763.437
    Im using official mod and track to do the test, the mod is the Radical SR3-RSX
    and the track is Saopaulo 2013 both from studio 397
    In the test are 23 AI
    I know is very low my CPU but give me +/- 100 FPS in game
    The plr file i just change the option for the log, other then that no change .
    the conf in game is the original didnt change anything

4. 4thworld

4thworld

@Viktor Jim thanks.
    this thread is focused on a particular type of freezes that happens at particular points of the session.
    In your case it seems that your CPU is just having difficulties processing all the physics computations, in that case, I would suggest you reduce the number of AI cars or follow other threads on how to get the best experience from your system (for example Overclocking might have adverse effects on your system).
    In any case, this thread is not focused on that.

5. Viktor Jim

Viktor Jim Registered

@4thworld Thanks, im holding to buy a new CPU till i find out if is the CPU problem or game problem, because to play offline with 23 AI this CPU can manage, but online with the anticheat is not. Anyway thanks for your time and advice.

6. 4thworld

4thworld

Build update ID [3768979] :
    - Some changes to improve physics timings and wait
    - @Brent 's issue, like some others, was caused by having the following parameter: "Realtime Controller Detection" set to true in his Controller.json file.
    That happened because some of the default controller profile had it on and we've reverted them.
    If you are experiencing issues, please check that the parameter is set to FALSE and try again.

We are probably going to merge the changes so far with our master build so let me know if something is broken for you atm with the latest build.
    Cheers.

branch name: public-test
    password : UpERYPhIblEHorTiO
    verify your files via Steam after joining the branch

1. Select rFactor 2 from steam game library, right click and select properties.
    A dialog box with a number of tabs will appear, your looking for one that says "BETAS".
    2. select the "BETAS" tab it by clicking on it.
    You will see 2 things now, a drop down menu and a text box to enter a beta access code.
    3. enter the password provided,
    4. select public-beta from the dropdown menu

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@4thworld Just tried build ...979 and I still have the same controller issue. Initially, the default assignments were ok, but when I loaded one of my presets it lost the bindings i.e. when I press the throttle, the steering graph goes from left to right as though I am turning the wheel from a starting point of full left lock to full right lock. Realtime Controller Detection is already set to off.

8. Lance

Lance Registered

Been busy practicing for Le Mans for VEC, got the test build, I have noticed an improvement in performance.

The "freezes" are different now though, before I got total screen freeze for a split second but now instead of the split second stop its almost like the frame rate drops for a little and then carries on again. I hope that even makes sense.

I never really had performance issues it would be just every now and then. What I did notice though, I would only get a "freeze" and now a "frame Drop" when something extra happens, like when a curb is touched or I touch the grass. So basically a performance dip happens almost like when when the game is trying to calculate something extra.

PC Specs:
    CPU: Core I5 6600k
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4

Thrustmaster T500RS wheel and T3PA Pro pedals

Logs:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Eneq13JIwj84fwNRfunY3DaspJaWVw8q

I don't have a replay but could make a plan if needed. Need anything more let me know.

9. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

"Realtime Controller Detection" set to true in Controller.json file... isn't this the line wichw takes care to detect the controller's and maintain devices order in-game even if changed?
    Who suffers the well known win10 bug which changes devices order every restart doesn't need it set to on?

10. 4thworld

4thworld

@Lance your issues come from a plugin not the game.
    The plugins is titled:
    2 : ExamplePlugin - 2008.02.13
    that should be the same anti-cheat system that we discussed at the top of the page.

(this one simracing tools ver 4.07 from : http://www.simracingtools.com/)

Can you remove the plugin and try again, thanks.
    let us know if the problem persists or is it gone.
    Also, it would be nice if you and the other users that are using it could warn the creator of the plugin since it has already been reported several times

11. 4thworld

4thworld

@DaVeX that flags enable hardware device refresh and restart at any point of the simulation.
    This can also be caused by some faulty drivers or hw.
    What i was saying is : If you are having physics stuttering and you have "Realtime Controller Detection" set to TRUE, try setting it FALSE and let us know if you have any other issues.
    It already resolved issues with no additional consequences for 2 users.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  12. Lance

Lance Registered

Ok cool will take a look and try again, thanks for the response.

I had a look at my plugins and don't see anything labelled like that though, could it be this "SRT_Adapter_x64.dll"?

13. 4thworld

4thworld

@Lance ok sorry it seems that the plugin that is causing the issue is not showing up its real name.

0 : Lazza DAMPlugin
    1 : TransparentTrainer - 2012.09.07
    2 : ExamplePlugin - 2008.02.13
    3 : rFactor 2 Shared Memory Map Plugin - v3.4
    4 : ExamplePlugin - 2008.02.13
    5 : Steam Plugin - 2017.05.02
    6 : TrackIR - 2012.02.27

this is the list of your plugins when you took the log, the one causing the issues in your case is the number 2.
    I don't know what that translates to atm

14. Lance

Lance Registered

@4thworld

I really don't see those plugins :( see the attached please.

Attached Files:

15. 4thworld

4thworld

@Lance
    By exclusion should be one of the two in the image.
    As stated before we can't give that much support with 3rd party apps because we have no control on their behaviour.

So if you're having issues, first revert to a default install of rFactor 2 with no external plugins and check if the software works well under those circumstances.
    From there if you add an external plugin and it is causing issues, you can notify directly the author.

Attached Files:

16. Lance

Lance Registered

Cool stuff, will give it a go and see whats what

17. 4thworld

4thworld

Build update ID [3772530] :
    - Fixed CTRL+C CPU status bar
    - @Mark Fuller this build should fix the issue with the controls that you had

Let me know if anything is broken for you with the latest build.
    Cheers.

branch name: public-test
    password : UpERYPhIblEHorTiO
    verify your files via Steam after joining the branch

1. Select rFactor 2 from steam game library, right click and select properties.
    A dialog box with a number of tabs will appear, your looking for one that says "BETAS".
    2. select the "BETAS" tab it by clicking on it.
    You will see 2 things now, a drop down menu and a text box to enter a beta access code.
    3. enter the password provided,
    4. select public-beta from the dropdown menu

18. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@4thworld Thanks - yes, all appears to be fixed and ran well [offline and online].

19. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Sorry guys but I think this is still related to sound issues, basically when game needs to load curb or tires on grass sounds it hangs.
    To be honest I don't suffer freezes so often, usually when passing start and spotter gives me times or while going off track or scratching car around...

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In the old days, say around the time of F1 2000 by ISI, we would run an out lap and change camera views as often as we could to 'load' various textures scattered around a track. Trying to 'see' everything so that all the textures would then be loaded in a cache. Perhaps the same process might work with sound. Drive over the curbs, run through some grass, gravel, try to include each area of a track that may have unique sounds. Get that done on a slow out lap and you may be good for the main part of your run.